ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:36 am

mskhan78 wrote:Good Morning All Readers

Can someone Guide me as I am on PSW Visa and my family is my Tier 1 dependent .I am applying ILR (LT) on 10 March 2014. My wife and my son visa are expiring on 2 July 2014. my wife and my son came here on 2 September 2012. So when Should i apply for their visa as i heard there is a proposed increase in Fees form 4 April 2014. Answer will highly be appreciated and Which Form to be filled.

Regards
I think you could apply for your ILR and once you receive your acknowledgement letter, you can submit your wife's FLR(m) with the covering letter suggesting your ILR application is pending and provide requried your ILR application acknowledgement copy, however try to delay her Bio Matric(as if not working/lost bio-letter etc) as much as you could, and possibly until you hear from your ILR application, soon you get your result you get her to enroll the bio matric.

still i would request other gurus to shed some light on this query.

mus8890teo
Newly Registered

Post by mus8890teo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:50 am

Hi All,

I am having trouble with 6 dates from 2005 to 2007 where I do not know the dates when I left the UK. In my country of origin there are no entry stamps for its own nationals so I have no way of finding out when I left the UK. No tickets retained either.

Is there a way to ask UKBA to give this information? When they gave all their data they have on me, there was no such information on exit dates. Is it worth calling them?

Cheers

Alexander12
Newly Registered

Post by Alexander12 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:34 am

tgidey wrote:Hello gurus/friends
Silent reader here for past few years..just wanted to give my details here
Applied : 19th September 2013
Brp letter : 20th November 2013
Brp done : 2-3 days later
Approval letter : 04 Feb 2014
Brp card rec : 05 Feb 2014
No lawyer used..applied on me own with advice given by gurus on here
Details: My case had one glitch in it that I got FPN last year for entering "No entry except for access" road.I actually live on that street but I did not stop or deviate from my route which was required by law and a cop car coming behind me pulled me over and fined me..I went to court against it as I thought it was unjust and lost that case...meant I got mandatory 3 penalty points on April 2013
I still went ahead and applied for 10 year based ILR hoping for best outcome and by grace of God I did get it and now I'm stress free...I pray for all of u still waiting for theirs
Now I've one query regarding my wife, she came here in Nov 2011 as Tier 1 general dependent..then in Oct 2012 I applied for final 2 year extension including hers.So now as she 1st came here b4 laws were changed in 2012..should I fill up set (M) or Flr (M) for her.I read about 319d(E) rule but it confused me a bit ..also im thinking about goin to Croydon rather than by post.Will really appreciate final help by gurus here :)
Hi Buddy,
I have a question and an answer for you.
Q: I have got a FPN (Insurance offence IN10)for not having Business insurance -I had the normal one though.
I didn't go to court and accepted it and paid the penalty. 6 points and £200 (Ouch!!) I have applied now and I have mentioned this is the cover letter. have you mentioned your FPN story/ (evidance) with the application? if so did you go in detail?

A: My wife's immigration situation is similar to your wife's. she is falling under old rule and I have called the HO to find out what's the way forward. they said a PBS dependant cant go straight in to SET (M) but switch to Flr (M) then set(M)

you can even apply the next day after getting flr m, but some people were lucky to go straight in to ILR.
according to a post above, at croydon, they have now stopped doing flr m & set m on the same day.
so I have applied for flr and requested them to hold the process until a decision on mine is made

thanks
A

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:46 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:

Can someone Guide me as I am on PSW Visa and my family is my Tier 1 dependent .I am applying ILR (LT) on 10 March 2014. My wife and my son visa are expiring on 2 July 2014. my wife and my son came here on 2 September 2012. So when Should i apply for their visa as i heard there is a proposed increase in Fees form 4 April 2014. Answer will highly be appreciated and Which Form to be filled.

Regards
I think you could apply for your ILR and once you receive your acknowledgement letter, you can submit your wife's FLR(m) with the covering letter suggesting your ILR application is pending and provide requried your ILR application acknowledgement copy, however try to delay her Bio Matric(as if not working/lost bio-letter etc) as much as you could, and possibly until you hear from your ILR application, soon you get your result you get her to enroll the bio matric.

Many Thanks Hardikjshah83
Any Kind reply from GURUsss or other memebers please ????

V_Q_22
Newly Registered

Whatdotheyknow

Post by V_Q_22 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:50 am

Hello Gurus and bros,

Can anyone Please tell me how can I obtain information regarding how many applications was made in month of October from HO?

TC

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:59 am

Dear senior members of the forum, i applied through 10 years long residence route on 28th sep and still waiting for the decision. After my ILR i will apply for my wife who is my pbs dependent since 2009. I know that old rules apply to her. So roughly how much maintenance do i have to show and how many months bank statement is required as things are not very cleared from guidance notes. Also i m not very clear about the suitable accommodation requirement as i live in a small flat and we have two kids born here( i will apply for them through Mn1 form after my ILR). Thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:17 pm

I got ILR and flr same day in peo.we provide 3 months bank statement and pay slip and total almost 3000 pounds are showing in my hubby statement .i wrote my story on this forum. First case worker said I came under new rule ( I am here sine 2006 on pbs dependent hubby got ILR in dec 13) so we show her ho mail which says I fall under old rule after reading that they gave me indefinite and said now we don't need any maintenance from you.

I first submit set(m) after their objection I submit flr but before submitting flr they told me that they are giving me indefinite so don't know if they read my flr form or not.i am living in 1 bed flat with 3 kids .i was also worried about this but thanks to almighty Allah every thing will be fine at the end .hope this helps

sabidh12 wrote:Dear senior members of the forum, i applied through 10 years long residence route on 28th sep and still waiting for the decision. After my ILR i will apply for my wife who is my pbs dependent since 2009. I know that old rules apply to her. So roughly how much maintenance do i have to show and how many months bank statement is required as things are not very cleared from guidance notes. Also i m not very clear about the suitable accommodation requirement as i live in a small flat and we have two kids born here( i will apply for them through Mn1 form after my ILR). Thanks
ss

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:24 pm

As your wife fall under new rules so she can apply for indefinite after 5 years in this case the best option is apply for your ILR. Then when u got acknowledgement then apply for your wife flr(m) with a covering letter request them to wait till you get your ILR .

mskhan78 wrote:
Hardikjshah83 wrote:

Regards

Many Thanks Hardikjshah83
Any Kind reply from GURUsss or other memebers please ????
ss

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Many Thanks for Reply. Just a quick one IF we are paying Underpaid Tax to HMRC in installments does it effects the application???

[quote="SSWSZ"]As your wife fall under new rules so she can apply for indefinite after 5 years in this case the best option is apply for your ILR. Then when u got acknowledgement then apply for your wife flr(m) with a covering letter request them to wait till you get your ILR .

[quote="mskhan78"][quote="Hardikjshah83"][quote="mskhan78"]Good Morning All Readers

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Oh my GOD I don't believe this ,.... Thanks a lot for sharing now I am feeling really blessed thanks a lot

bcyoung wrote:And a final update from today ( see below for the first part):

After my flr(m) was approved, I returned to the the reception to make the set(m) appointment. Having said earlier in the afternoon I would be able to do that tomorrow, they now announced I need to wait for my BRP to arrive. Again, they say the problem is that they will no longer let you have two BRP applications in process as there is a problem with the system. This was not the caseworker's decision but the manager of the reception area.

So I now gave to await my BRP arrival and then return. Because I need to travel in a few weeks I have had to put off the settlement appointment until I return. After my experience I would caution against trying to do this all in one day. At least at Croydon they seem to have clamped right down.

bcyoung wrote:Hi all.
Some new developments for those looking at spouse applications after getting ILR on 10 years LR

I booked an appointment today at Croydon for SET(m), but brought everything for flr(m) too. At reception I was informed I must got though flr(m) first, and that they have had instruction today (they showed me the email) instructing them they can no longer process flr(m) and set(m) on the same day. They say this is because it creates extra complications in the biometric system and is causing delays.

So I have paid the £953 for FLR(m), and am currently awaiting that decision. If approved they have offered to book me an 'emergency' appointment tomorrow to process my set(m).

It looks like SSWSZ may have been one of the lucky last few to get the same day processing.
ss

tgidey
Newly Registered

Post by tgidey » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Alexander12 wrote:
tgidey wrote:Hello gurus/friends
Silent reader here for past few years..just wanted to give my details here
Applied : 19th September 2013
Brp letter : 20th November 2013
Brp done : 2-3 days later
Approval letter : 04 Feb 2014
Brp card rec : 05 Feb 2014
No lawyer used..applied on me own with advice given by gurus on here
Details: My case had one glitch in it that I got FPN last year for entering "No entry except for access" road.I actually live on that street but I did not stop or deviate from my route which was required by law and a cop car coming behind me pulled me over and fined me..I went to court against it as I thought it was unjust and lost that case...meant I got mandatory 3 penalty points on April 2013
I still went ahead and applied for 10 year based ILR hoping for best outcome and by grace of God I did get it and now I'm stress free...I pray for all of u still waiting for theirs
Now I've one query regarding my wife, she came here in Nov 2011 as Tier 1 general dependent..then in Oct 2012 I applied for final 2 year extension including hers.So now as she 1st came here b4 laws were changed in 2012..should I fill up set (M) or Flr (M) for her.I read about 319d(E) rule but it confused me a bit ..also im thinking about goin to Croydon rather than by post.Will really appreciate final help by gurus here :)
Hi Buddy,
I have a question and an answer for you.
Q: I have got a FPN (Insurance offence IN10)for not having Business insurance -I had the normal one though.
I didn't go to court and accepted it and paid the penalty. 6 points and £200 (Ouch!!) I have applied now and I have mentioned this is the cover letter. have you mentioned your FPN story/ (evidance) with the application? if so did you go in detail?

A: My wife's immigration situation is similar to your wife's. she is falling under old rule and I have called the HO to find out what's the way forward. they said a PBS dependant cant go straight in to SET (M) but switch to Flr (M) then set(M)

you can even apply the next day after getting flr m, but some people were lucky to go straight in to ILR.
according to a post above, at croydon, they have now stopped doing flr m & set m on the same day.
so I have applied for flr and requested them to hold the process until a decision on mine is made

thanks
A
Thx for answering my query Alexander12 . ..Yes I did wrote a covering letter with my accompanying documents (court letter, FPN etc) explaining what had happened and that I got reduced 80% fine as judges were sympathetic with me.Although i did not write too big a letter, just made esential points in case my case worker decide not to read an essay type letter.I don't know what worked in my favour..may that was the only time I fell foul of law in my entire 10 years here or may be HO don't consider the reason I got points as a ground of refusal (speeding, drink driving etc) being considered more dangerous.
I pray that u will get a good case worker too who will be sympathetic towards ur case

DevilJin
Newly Registered

Post by DevilJin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:49 pm

Was complainning yesterday and got my Biometric card today !! :D rang from my solicitor just minutes after lunch and confirmed that I got it!!

Applied on: 10th Sep 2013
invitation: no idea to be honest
bio submitted: 12th Oct 2013
then waiting waiting waiting
Bio card received: 07 Feb 2014
waiting for passport and return documents

being a silence reader on this forum for a long time and it is very useful as a guidance for those who's waiting.

sabidh12

Post by sabidh12 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:25 pm

[quote="sabidh12"]Dear senior members of the forum, i applied through 10 years long residence route on 28th sep and still waiting for the decision. After my ILR i will apply for my wife who is my pbs dependent since 2009. I know that old rules apply to her. So roughly how much maintenance do i have to show and how many months bank statement is required as things are not very clear from guidance notes. Also i m not very clear about the suitable accommodation requirement as i live in a small flat and we have two kids born here( i will apply for them through Mn1 form after my ILR). Thanks[/quote]
Thanks SSWSZ for ur quick response. Other senior members, could u please give ur views. Ur views will be highly appreciated. Thanks

V_Q_22
Newly Registered

Post by V_Q_22 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:31 pm

DevilJin wrote:Was complainning yesterday and got my Biometric card today !! :D rang from my solicitor just minutes after lunch and confirmed that I got it!!

being a silence reader on this forum for a long time and it is very useful as a guidance for those who's waiting.

Congratulations!
Can I ask What Visa you had from last 10yrs and if you had any gaps :?: Thanks

DevilJin
Newly Registered

Post by DevilJin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:52 pm

V_Q_22 wrote:
DevilJin wrote:Was complainning yesterday and got my Biometric card today !! :D rang from my solicitor just minutes after lunch and confirmed that I got it!!

Congratulations!
8 years student + 2 years PSW (started working just few days before I send off my application.

CKP

Post by CKP » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:23 pm

DevilJin wrote:
V_Q_22 wrote:

Congratulations!
8 years student + 2 years PSW (started working just few days before I send off my application.
Congratulation on your freedom.

Can i ask you one more thing, which documents did you or your solicitor send to support your application.

Would you be able to list them all here ?

Thanks

DevilJin
Newly Registered

Post by DevilJin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:08 pm

Reply to CKP

To be honest mate, I did the research on what to supply before I consult solicitor :P But I submitted the following:

Passport x2
Life in the UK test cert
GCSE / A-LEVEL / bachlor / master certificates
Police registration card
PSW permit
2--3 photos
Bank statement (past three months but I provided 6 months)
solicitor filled the form ofcourse

after first submission, UKBA requested my employment detail, that takes another 1--2 weeks before forwarded to my solicitor.

Hope my reply is helpful. Cheers

emran habib
Newly Registered

Post by emran habib » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi guys,

My name is Mohammad Mizanur Rahman Mintu. I have been a silent reader on this very useful forum for a very long time now. I applied for the ILR on the 10 year long residence route on the 19th of Sept 2013.

I am on student visa since last 10 years.

My name is : Mohammad Mizanur Rahman Mintu
My timeline:
Applied: 19.09.2013 [Payment Method: Postal Order]
Acknowledgement Letter: 23.09.2013
Biometrics Letter Received: 03.10.2013
Biometrics Enrolled: 08.10.2013
Approval: Waiting
Biometric Card: Waiting

Will you please put me in sky drive. I will be glad. Thank you so much in advance.

babyblue

Post by babyblue » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:20 pm

Thanks, enjoy the freedom!
meb4ne1 wrote:
babyblue wrote:Congratulations! Whats the date on the approval letter?
Its 04-Feb!!! I got the docs in a day... Amazed! :shock:

Application Sent: 20/09/2013
Payment Method: Credit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 30/09/2013
Biometrics letter received: 19/11/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 20/11/2013
Approved Date (On Letter): 04/02/2014
Passport/Approval Letter Received: 05/02/2014
Biometric Card Received: 06/02/2014

Documents Sent:
Passports (x3)
Life in the UK Test Result

shahjee12
Newly Registered

Post by shahjee12 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:50 pm

Hello every one, senior and new members like me.
Congratulations to all who have got their ILR. I have been a silent follower of the forum for some time now, you guys are doing a brilliant job.
I would like to pick your brains as I am about to apply for ILR on 10 years long residency.
My question is
1. With the LR forms is it alright to just send ?

a. My old passports x3
b. Life in UK test result
c. My Masters degree from UK university

My visas were
February 2004 to July 2008 (Student Visa)
August 2008 till date Tier1, first 1 year as PSW, than Tier 1(General) completing 10 years on the 09th of February 2014.

Any advise is welcome, Many thanks in advance.

opty88

Post by opty88 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:22 pm

If your wife applied to become your dependent before 2012, she is under the old rules. Therefore she can apply for her ILR this year. See below
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... schapter8/

when you get your acknowledgement letter from HO, send your wife's FLR (M) with a cover letter asking for her application to be decided after yours. Then 28 days before 2 years as spousal dependent, she can apply for her ILR

Regards

fiazpk
Newly Registered

confused about this question on form set (lr), on page nine

Post by fiazpk » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:32 pm

C6. Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to the UK?

I am a bit confused about this question on form set (lr), on page nine,

As I have three passports with me, one current passport and two old ones,

I am confused about which passport to mention here,
1) First ever passport issued to me, which I used when I first came to UK in 2004,
2) Second Passport, which also contains two extension visas,
3) Third current Passport, which does not include any visa stamps, as home office now issues, Biometric IDs,

Note: all together I have has seven visa extensions, since I cam to UK in 2004,
I only left UK once for one month holidays September 2011, on my third passport,

Any suggestions which passport to mention here,

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi,

I am applying ILR under long residency next month and i have a query to make. Any response from forum members is much appreciated.

I have a FPN issued in september 2013 for speeding (3 points and £100 fine). No court involved. how do i declare it? by writing a cover letter OR filling criminal conviction section of the Set LR form? OR there is no need to declare?

In SET O form its clearly mentioned FPN's need not declaring. Please Read below Note:

note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants and dependants. You must
give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences
but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a
sentence of the court.
This includes all drink-driving offences.

Does the above statement apply to SET LR applicants as well?

March_LR14

Re: confused about this question on form set (lr), on page n

Post by March_LR14 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:57 pm

fiazpk wrote:C6. Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to the UK?

I am a bit confused about this question on form set (lr), on page nine,

As I have three passports with me, one current passport and two old ones,

I am confused about which passport to mention here,
1) First ever passport issued to me, which I used when I first came to UK in 2004,
2) Second Passport, which also contains two extension visas,
3) Third current Passport, which does not include any visa stamps, as home office now issues, Biometric IDs,

Note: all together I have has seven visa extensions, since I cam to UK in 2004,
I only left UK once for one month holidays September 2011, on my third passport,

Any suggestions which passport to mention here,
Tick Yes Documents enclosed box. (You have to submit these with your application)

Write down the Passport numbers of your previous 2 passports in the box provided.

You have to mention your current passport details in Question C4 on the same page.

I hope above response answers your query.

afridi786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Dear MODs and senior members,

I have one very important question, I have applied for 10 years Long residency SET (LR), I have been a student throughout 10 years, my question is that my wife has been here for 10 months which means she falls under new rules. My wife work and I both working and together we earn more than £18,600, but my question is that as I was a student we both have not been working for 6 months, what do I do? someone said that I can apply for FLR (M) without having to show £18,600, is that right?

is £18,600 before tax?
how much money do I need to show in my account for my wifes maintenance when she applies for FLR (M)?
Maintenance how long does it have to be in my account?

Please reply as your reply would be very beneficial.