ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Spatacus » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:05 pm

shahjee12 wrote:Hello every one, senior and new members like me.
Congratulations to all who have got their ILR. I have been a silent follower of the forum for some time now, you guys are doing a brilliant job.
I would like to pick your brains as I am about to apply for ILR on 10 years long residency.
My question is
1. With the LR forms is it alright to just send ?

a. My old passports x3
b. Life in UK test result
c. My Masters degree from UK university

My visas were
February 2004 to July 2008 (Student Visa)
August 2008 till date Tier1, first 1 year as PSW, than Tier 1(General) completing 10 years on the 09th of February 2014.

Any advise is welcome, Many thanks in advance.

Hello shahjee12",
You are good to go with all your list above, although you need to include your BIO cards if you have any. I wish you good luck
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: confused about this question on form set (lr), on page n

Post by Spatacus » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:11 pm

fiazpk wrote:C6. Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to the UK?

I am a bit confused about this question on form set (lr), on page nine,

As I have three passports with me, one current passport and two old ones,

I am confused about which passport to mention here,
1) First ever passport issued to me, which I used when I first came to UK in 2004,
2) Second Passport, which also contains two extension visas,
3) Third current Passport, which does not include any visa stamps, as home office now issues, Biometric IDs,

Note: all together I have has seven visa extensions, since I cam to UK in 2004,
I only left UK once for one month holidays September 2011, on my third passport,

Any suggestions which passport to mention here,
The answer to the question is "YES" you have all your passports so yes. if there is a space provided to list your passports on the application form, you should list them, otherwise just tick yes.
Hope this helps

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:19 pm

March_LR14 wrote:Hi,

I am applying ILR under long residency next month and i have a query to make. Any response from forum members is much appreciated.

I have a FPN issued in september 2013 for speeding (3 points and £100 fine). No court involved. how do i declare it? by writing a cover letter OR filling criminal conviction section of the Set LR form? OR there is no need to declare?

In SET O form its clearly mentioned FPN's need not declaring. Please Read below Note:

note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants and dependants. You must
give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences
but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a
sentence of the court.
This includes all drink-driving offences.

Does the above statement apply to SET LR applicants as well?
Hello "March_LR14"
I think you should declare it by writing a cover letter and by providing evidence that you have actually paid the fine, there is no harm in declaring it to them.It means you have nothing to hide and that you are being honest.However there was no court conviction it is just a spot fine and 3-points on your license, so you should be fine. Although moderators and other senior forum memebers might throw some light on this.
Hope this helps

daheiniao
Newly Registered

Post by daheiniao » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:28 pm

My timeline

application sent on 23/09/13 (cheque payment)
knowledged on 27/09/13
biometric information enrolled on 21/10/13
BRP card issued 05/02/2014

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Spatacus wrote:

I am applying ILR under long residency next month and i have a query to make. Any response from forum members is much appreciated.

I have a FPN issued in september 2013 for speeding (3 points and £100 fine). No court involved. how do i declare it? by writing a cover letter OR filling criminal conviction section of the Set LR form? OR there is no need to declare?

In SET O form its clearly mentioned FPN's need not declaring. Please Read below Note:

note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants and dependants. You must
give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences
but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a
sentence of the court.

Hello "March_LR14"
I think you should declare it by writing a cover letter and by providing evidence that you have actually paid the fine, there is no harm in declaring it to them.It means you have nothing to hide and that you are being honest.However there was no court conviction it is just a spot fine and 3-points on your license, so you should be fine. Although moderators and other senior forum memebers might throw some light on this.
Hope this helps
Many Thanks for your reply Spatacus.

I should fill the criminal conviction section by providing offence code, date and fine/penality details.

I paid fine online and hmcourts use a third party payment service provider who accept the payment on their behalf. I have an email receipt which confirms the beneficiary details, order ref, order date, payment ref and Amount. But it doesn't provide any information what the payment was made for.

I handed my counterpart and driving licence in local police station as advised by Police officer who issued me FPN.

A week later i received my Licence back from DVLA with counter part filled with offence and penality points section.

Do you think i should submit my Driving licence counterpart with my application?

Regards

afridi786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:39 pm

[quote="daheiniao"]My timeline

knowledged on 27/09/13
BRP card issued 05/02/2014[/quote]

Congrats , Doors are opened for you. I applied on 16th still waiting

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:26 pm

afridi786 wrote:
daheiniao wrote:My timeline

knowledged on 27/09/13

Congrats , Doors are opened for you. I applied on 16th still waiting
I applied on 10th Sept and still waiting
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

shahjee12
Newly Registered

Post by shahjee12 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Spatacus wrote:
Congratulations to all who have got their ILR. I have been a silent follower of the forum for some time now, you guys are doing a brilliant job.
I would like to pick your brains as I am about to apply for ILR on 10 years long residency.
My question is

a. My old passports x3

My visas were
August 2008 till date Tier1, first 1 year as PSW, than Tier 1(General) completing 10 years on the 09th of February 2014.

Hello shahjee12",
You are good to go with all your list above, although you need to include your BIO cards if you have any. I wish you good luck
Thanks a lot Spatacus, I was looking into another post by some one regards to FPN issued by Police for Road Traffic offence. I was issued a FPN for fog lights on, and was issued with on the spot fine FPN of £60 no points, which I paid off but I don't have any record what so ever, no paperwork no receipts. Please advise what shall I do ? Shall I mention or not at all ? Many thanks.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:15 am

shahjee12 wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
My question is

a. My old passports x3

My visas were

Hello shahjee12",
Thanks a lot Spatacus, I was looking into another post by some one regards to FPN issued by Police for Road Traffic offence. I was issued a FPN for fog lights on, and was issued with on the spot fine FPN of £60 no points, which I paid off but I don't have any record what so ever, no paperwork no receipts. Please advise what shall I do ? Shall I mention or not at all ? Many thanks.
Hi shahjee12",
As i said, there is no harm in mentioning it and writing a cover letter explaining that you were given a spot fine which you had paid. which means did u used to pay for the fine?? its either through your bank account or bank card or credit card, am sure you can find evidence if you try to remember when and where and which means u used to pay for it, after all it can happen to anyone. Normally you were supposed to be given a warning and not a spot fine.
For you to have mentioned it, the caseworker would know that you are honest and that you have nothing to hide as long as there was no conviction you would be fine.
Am sure the police have record in their database that shows you have been pulled over before with your fog lights on, if HO sees it as insignificant to your application, they will grant you your ILR. I remembered many years ago i was pulled over by the police for driving without a road tax, although i was actually on my way to the post office to buy my car road tax when i got pulled over, which i honestly explained to them but do u know that recently i got pulled over for just my tail light surprisingly the lady police told me that i was pulled over on so so and so date for road tax, i can guarantee you that your spot fine must have been logged into their system. so in my own opinion i would advise you to declare it and write a cover letter explaining what happened. it might sound funny but you wouldn't want anything to jeopardize your long awaited application.
Hope this long statement eases your mind a little bit. shahjee12 you would be fine with your application, keep your fingers crossed.
All the best

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:18 am

It's not a criminal conviction .it should be filled in civil penalty section same did my husband when we apply for ILR .hubby got 3 points and 300 fine through court because by mistake we send wrong counter part and case forwarded to court but this never effect our ILR .we got it in 4 months .hope this helps

March_LR14 wrote:
Spatacus wrote:

sentence of the court.

Hello "March_LR14"
Hope this helps
Many Thanks for your reply Spatacus.

I should fill the criminal conviction section by providing offence code, date and fine/penality details.

I paid fine online and hmcourts use a third party payment service provider who accept the payment on their behalf. I have an email receipt which confirms the beneficiary details, order ref, order date, payment ref and Amount. But it doesn't provide any information what the payment was made for.

I handed my counterpart and driving licence in local police station as advised by Police officer who issued me FPN.

A week later i received my Licence back from DVLA with counter part filled with offence and penality points section.

Do you think i should submit my Driving licence counterpart with my application?

Regards
ss

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:38 am

Congrate.

I applied six September and still waiting
daheiniao wrote:My timeline

knowledged on 27/09/13

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:12 am

September Waiting list
fahmeeda52 4th

esmsi 6th

dinka 10th

memon78 12th

----------------------

rose84
Newly Registered

Post by rose84 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi! All,
I am very helpful to all members you shared their experience. Yesterday, while I was driving motorway noticed a blue flushing light on my mobile text message and couldn't read and gave it to my wife to read. Message from my solicitor was ready to collect and was very happy !!

My timeline:
Application sent: 16/09/2013
Biometric letter received 07/10/2013
Biometric completed: 08/10/2013
BRP approval: 04/02/2014
BRP received: 05/02/2014
Passport and document received: 07/02/2014

My prayer is for those still wait and congratulation to all you received.

My question to Gurus and members I want to apply for my wife who came 4th January 2012 so which form she will apply for settlement ? I heard people said I should apply further leave to remain first as my ilr granted from PBS route and then indefinite leave.

Please update my timeline in skydrive.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:58 pm

If you get ILR due to long residency the. You have to apply for flr(m) when it's granted then set (m) . I myself got these two same day in Croydon office but some one update the forum that in Croydon office thay stop doing this .so now you have to apply for flr(m) first

quote="rose84"]Hi! All,
I am very helpful to all members you shared their experience. Yesterday, while I was driving motorway noticed a blue flushing light on my mobile text message and couldn't read and gave it to my wife to read. Message from my solicitor was ready to collect and was very happy !!

My timeline:
Application sent: 16/09/2013
Biometric letter received 07/10/2013
Biometric completed: 08/10/2013
BRP approval: 04/02/2014
BRP received: 05/02/2014
Passport and document received: 07/02/2014

My prayer is for those still wait and congratulation to all you received.

My question to Gurus and members I want to apply for my wife who came 4th January 2012 so which form she will apply for settlement ? I heard people said I should apply further leave to remain first as my ilr granted from PBS route and then indefinite leave.

Please update my timeline in skydrive.[/quote]
ss

rose84
Newly Registered

Post by rose84 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi! SSWSZ,

Many thanks and is there is any rules that I have to apply for my wife within 28 day after receiving my ILR.

thanks,

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Not for flr(m) as this you can apply anytime but for set(m) you can apply 28 days before 2 years completion as spouse

rose84 wrote:Hi! SSWSZ,

Many thanks and is there is any rules that I have to apply for my wife within 28 day after receiving my ILR.

thanks,
ss

dinka
Newly Registered

Post by dinka » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Dear members it has been a wait of a life time. God is good.its now over for me. I cant say how wonderful this forum is. Thank you so much. My timeline is :
appl. Sent 10th sept 2013
Ackn. Letter 17th sept 2013
Biometrics enrolled 18th october
Brp car received by solicitor 7th feb 2013
Approval letter waiting. Good luck to all those still waiting.
God bless u

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:23 pm

Applied on 25th Sep and still waiting.....

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:42 pm

[quote="SSWSZ"]It's not a criminal conviction .it should be filled in civil penalty section same did my husband when we apply for ILR .hubby got 3 points and 300 fine through court because by mistake we send wrong counter part and case forwarded to court but this never effect our ILR .we got it in 4 months .hope this helps

[quote="March_LR14"]

Thank you for your reply.

I am so confused right now as there is no concrete advice available on this issue.

My friend did not disclose his FPN in his Tier 1 extension (2012)and last month he successfully applied for his ILR application and again he did not disclose his FPN (points & fine).

Now i am not sure whether to disclose my FPN or not? If i do which section i should fill like u said its not a criminal conviction. But its not a civil penality as no judgement wass made against me as no court action involved.

Senior members and Guru's your input is requested in the above matter.

Regards

Jah_bless
Newly Registered

Post by Jah_bless » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:07 pm

MrA2Z wrote:Applied on 25th Sep and still waiting.....
Hello MrA2Z, me too. I apply the same day as you. Still waiting.
I've me a silent reader of this forum for a while. Below is my time line

Application send: 25/09/13
Acknowledged receive:29/09/13
Bio invitation 15/10/13
Bio done 21/10/13
Approval +biometric+ document: waiting....waiting

Document sent :
Passport x 2
Life in the UK
Application form
Letter from university stating completion of masters degree

Waiting is no fun. Congratulations to all who have received their freedom. May God help those who are waiting. Hope some good news next week

afridi786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:30 pm

I applied on 16th September but still waiting, My employer said they will only give me promotion if I get ILR before March :(

Hope it comes soon,

Muhammad1

Post by Muhammad1 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Jah_bless wrote:
MrA2Z wrote:Applied on 25th Sep and still waiting.....
Hello MrA2Z, me too. I apply the same day as you. Still waiting.
I've me a silent reader of this forum for a while. Below is my time line

Application send: 25/09/13
Acknowledged receive:29/09/13
Bio invitation 15/10/13
Bio done 21/10/13
Approval +biometric+ document: waiting....waiting

Document sent :
Passport x 2
Life in the UK
Application form
Letter from university stating completion of masters degree

Waiting is no fun. Congratulations to all who have received their freedom. May God help those who are waiting. Hope some good news next week
Aameeeeeeen. Got no choice but to wait now untill next week.

afridi786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi All,

Very important question to any one, Please ASAP reply would be much appreciated,

I have applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years student SET (LR), when it comes hopefully I will be applying for my wifes FLR (M) (She is already here under Tier 4 dependent for ten months ), my question is that how much maintenance do I need to show in my account for her and how long does that needs to be in my account for?

Kind Regards

Afridi

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:44 pm

If u read on ho site it clearly says don't mention any fun if court is not involved .i recommend u search criminal conviction on home office site and it will give to clear idea .its up to you if you want to disclose or not as in your case court is not involved so don't worry

March_LR14 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:It's not a criminal conviction .it should be filled in civil penalty section same did my husband when we apply for ILR .hubby got 3 points and 300 fine through court because by mistake we send wrong counter part and case forwarded to court but this never effect our ILR .we got it in 4 months .hope this helps

March_LR14 wrote:
Thank you for your reply.

I am so confused right now as there is no concrete advice available on this issue.

My friend did not disclose his FPN in his Tier 1 extension (2012)and last month he successfully applied for his ILR application and again he did not disclose his FPN (points & fine).

Now i am not sure whether to disclose my FPN or not? If i do which section i should fill like u said its not a criminal conviction. But its not a civil penality as no judgement wass made against me as no court action involved.

Senior members and Guru's your input is requested in the above matter.

Regards
ss

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:58 am

suryavaddi wrote:Hi All,

This is my timeline to get ILR approval.

Application sent:16/09/2013
Acknowledgement : 20/09/2013
Biometric: 07/10/2013
Approval letter and passport: 06/02/2014
BRP Received: 07/02/2014

Thanks...!

Good luck to whoever waiting.....!
Surya