ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP review documents for those applying before 3/4/06 only?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gidoc

HSMP review documents for those applying before 3/4/06 only?

Post by gidoc » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi all,
Have just noticed that both old and new guidance on SET O forms say that you are eligible to apply under HSMP JR if you applied before 3/4/06. As we know JR does also apply to those applying between Apr and Nov 06.
This only matters for the Life in UK test.
Is that an issue as I have not taken the test simply because I dont require it now for ILR, as I had HSMP before Nov 06 but after April 06.
Could an experienced member please clarify, many thanks
Best Regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:30 pm

HSMP Forum JR (settlement) 2009 applies to HSMP migrants who received approvals as per rules in force until 03-Apr-06 and HSMP Forum Ltd. JR (extension of stay) 2008 applies to HSMP migrants who received appovals as per rules in place until 07-Nov-06.

For HSMP migrants who applied between 04-Apr-06 and 07-Nov-06, the following applies:
HSMP Forum Ltd judicial review (settlement): policy document wrote:4. The High Court’s decision also covered migrant’s who entered the scheme after the Rules change of 3 April 2006 but before the scheme was suspended on 7 November 2006. As such the policy also provides for those who entered the scheme prior to 7 November 2006 to be considered under the ILR rules that were in place at that time. Whilst this group will therefore have to complete five years continuous residence before being eligible for ILR they will not be subject to a knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom test.
regards

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Thanks, I understand this. The form and guidance actually refer to HSMP JR only for those who had applied before April 2006.This is probably just a discrepancy.
Best Regards

londonprince
Newly Registered

workpermit

Post by londonprince » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:13 pm

does this apply for work permit holders as well

manoj123

Re: workpermit

Post by manoj123 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:49 pm

londonprince wrote:does this apply for work permit holders as well
NO.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:07 pm

So HSMP JR pre nov 2006 Dnt have to ho for life in Uk test?
I m tier 1 , but I had HSMP n got extended to tier 1 based on JR ! Please advise

gidoc wrote:Thanks, I understand this. The form and guidance actually refer to HSMP JR only for those who had applied before April 2006.This is probably just a discrepancy.
Best Regards

salina02

Post by salina02 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:So HSMP JR pre nov 2006 Dnt have to ho for life in Uk test?
I m tier 1 , but I had HSMP n got extended to tier 1 based on JR ! Please advise

gidoc wrote:Thanks, I understand this. The form and guidance actually refer to HSMP JR only for those who had applied before April 2006.This is probably just a discrepancy.
Best Regards
Yes, You and your depnedants dont need LIUK test if you come under pre nov 2006.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks salina! Do you know about salary requirement for pre nov 2006 applicants? I m due forILR in november ! I recently got married ,will my wife will get iLR at the same time when I get mine ?
Thanks in advance

salina02 wrote:

Best Regards
Yes, You and your depnedants dont need LIUK test if you come under pre nov 2006.

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 am

Son_of_Soil wrote:Thanks salina! Do you know about salary requirement for pre nov 2006 applicants? I m due forILR in november ! I recently got married ,will my wife will get iLR at the same time when I get mine ?
Thanks in advance

salina02 wrote:

Best Regards
The JR policy document clearly stated that ILR to be given under "economic activity" rule. I will be surprised if they make any changes for us again after spending 4 years. Even if they apply the new rule to us then we didn't had to meet any min salary criteria on our last extension and the Tier 1 switch was a transitional arrangement under JR so finger crossed and lets c what happens.