ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Confused!!

Post by rashidawan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Hello, I have a strange situation. I have my application form ready with all the supported documents completed. I am going to post those on 2nd of March 2010 which I believe would be delivered on 06th of April 2010.

I am not sure should I use new fees or old one.

notsunny
Newly Registered

Re: Confused!!

Post by notsunny » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:52 pm

rashidawan wrote:Hello, I have a strange situation. I have my application form ready with all the supported documents completed. I am going to post those on 2nd of March 2010 which I believe would be delivered on 06th of April 2010.

how did you work out if you posted on 2nd March it would be delivered on 06th of April?
if you meant 2nd april , that is a bank holiday. so as far as I know you will not be able to post via post office

just for your information if you could post it tomorrow it would be old fees. :)

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:09 pm

The date of posting is your date of application. My understanding is that if you send your application anytime before 5th April then you use the current form and pay current fees.

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Post by rashidawan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:44 pm

notsunny wrote:
rashidawan wrote:Hello, I have a strange situation. I have my application form ready with all the supported documents completed. I am going to post those on 2nd of March 2010 which I believe would be delivered on 06th of April 2010.

how did you work out if you posted on 2nd March it would be delivered on 06th of April?
if you meant 2nd april , that is a bank holiday. so as far as I know you will not be able to post via post office

just for your information if you could post it tomorrow it would be old fees. :)
I can still post on Saturday as Postoffices will be opened on Saturday and if I do next day delivery, delivery date will be 6th of April. or am i missing something obvious.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Yes, if you use form 05/2009 and post on saturday, you will pay current fees
Best Regards

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:01 pm

rashidawan wrote:
notsunny wrote:

I can still post on Saturday as Postoffices will be opened on Saturday and if I do next day delivery, delivery date will be 6th of April. or am i missing something obvious.
Regardless of when it will be delivered (6th of April or after), your date of application is the date of posting. And if it is recorded then you have the evidence to prove it.

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 pm

Here is the link on the UKBA
UKBA wrote: Determination of the date of an application or claim (or variation of an application or claim) in connection with immigration

34G.For the purposes of these rules, the date on which an application or claim (or a variation in accordance with paragraph 34E) is made is as follows:

(i) where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting,

(ii) where the application form is submitted in person, the date on which it is accepted by a public enquiry office of the United Kingdom Border Agency of the Home Office,

(iii) where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the United Kingdom Border Agency of the Home Office, or

(iv) where the application form is submitted online, the date on which it is so submitted.

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Post by rashidawan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Danbrix wrote:Here is the link on the UKBA
UKBA wrote: Determination of the date of an application or claim (or variation of an application or claim) in connection with immigration

34G.For the purposes of these rules, the date on which an application or claim (or a variation in accordance with paragraph 34E) is made is as follows:

(i) where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting,

(ii) where the application form is submitted in person, the date on which it is accepted by a public enquiry office of the United Kingdom Border Agency of the Home Office,

(iii) where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the United Kingdom Border Agency of the Home Office, or

(iv) where the application form is submitted online, the date on which it is so submitted.
Great!!! appreciate your help!!