ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain: SET O form- Section 3

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

defmute
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain: SET O form- Section 3

Post by defmute » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:27 pm

All,
I'm due to apply for my ILR few weeks from now. I have worked 3yrs under the old work permit system ( my firm applied on my behalf) and 2yrs under the Tier1 Scheme.
Section 3 of the SET O form shows details of different categories under which one is required to be applying from.
How does it work for someone in my situation? do I tick the work permit holder box or the Tier 1 box or both?
Or better still tick the " other purposes or reasons " box and state my situation in the space provided below in the form?

Kindly assist.

Thanks in advance.

jammybunn

Post by jammybunn » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:10 pm

you are applying on completion of 5 years, you are now a tier 1 so you apply in that category. For ILR you have to have completed 5 years with most recent leave as tier 1, the remainder can be WP.

defmute
Newly Registered

Post by defmute » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 pm

@Jammybunn

Thanks for the reply still not clear though.

I'm right in saying that I should tick the Tier1 box since my current leave is Tier 1? which is precisely what I had in mind.

What I dont get is your last statement ... " For ILR you have to have completed 5 years with most recent leave as tier 1, the remainder can be WP ".

Does it mean that ILR must be WP+Tier 1 rather than Tier1 +WP or Tier 2 as it is now?

It doesnt affect me in my situation because I had my WP prior before my Tier1 but for knowledge sake, it will be nice to know...

Ta.

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:33 am

You'll have no problem as your current leave is T1. Your total 5yr stay covers T1 (current) and WP (past).

Tick T1 in the form as this is your current visa
defmute wrote:@Jammybunn

Thanks for the reply still not clear though.

I'm right in saying that I should tick the Tier1 box since my current leave is Tier 1? which is precisely what I had in mind.

What I dont get is your last statement ... " For ILR you have to have completed 5 years with most recent leave as tier 1, the remainder can be WP ".

Does it mean that ILR must be WP+Tier 1 rather than Tier1 +WP or Tier 2 as it is now?

It doesnt affect me in my situation because I had my WP prior before my Tier1 but for knowledge sake, it will be nice to know...

Ta.

megasxlr_vnky
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain: SET O form- Section 3

Post by megasxlr_vnky » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:08 am

helo senior,

could you please help me with one quirey inselecting one option,

section 3 which category: work permit holder or tire 2 migrant..
coudnt able to decide which one to select... as i came in tis country in 4 feb 2010... my employer sponsered me to come here...

help would be appresiated..thanks in advance