ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From PSW to visitor visa, ILR applicable?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Om Puri
Newly Registered

From PSW to visitor visa, ILR applicable?

Post by Om Puri » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Hello all,

I want to apply for ILR (Long residence category) in Sep 2011.But my PSW visa is until July 2011. I just need 2 more months legal stay in the UK so that I can apply for ILR.

Q.(1) Does visitor visa count towards ILR long residence?
Q.(2) Can I apply for visitor visa in July 2011? I am on PSW at the moment.

Please advice what other option is available for me.

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Although visitor status does count, they may refuse under 322(7), relating to 41.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zixi_1
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by zixi_1 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:03 am

vinny wrote:Although visitor status does count, they may refuse under 322(7), relating to 41.
Hi Vinny,

Sorry to bump an old post but I'm very interest in this subject. The links you pasted above are no longer valid as it's been a few years now and UKBA's website no longer exists. I try to find this information on the gov.uk website but paragraph 41 seems to relate to investor's visa.

Could you please clarify which immigration rules you were referring to in your post above? Or do you mind explaining what issue this applicant might experience? Many thanks.

Zixi

vinny

Re: From PSW to visitor visa, ILR applicable?

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:13 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.