ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary Leave( ILR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ahmedkoky76
Newly Registered

Discretionary Leave( ILR)

Post by ahmedkoky76 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi I wonder if some one can help me please .I been married for over 8years to British citizen and I applied from here because I couldn’t go back to my country to make entry clearance because of my wife circumstance she had brain tumor and she needed me to be here supporting here also I had military service back home if I went they; ll take me for one year to serve in the army .so when I applied .the home office give me Discretionary Leave for 2years .since then I been renew it .i completed 6year now and I think I can apply for ILR BUT I READ ITS SOME TIMES CAN BE 10YEARS .does any one know in my case i ‘ll granted ILR or they can extend it for four more years .i don’t know .also what application do I need.? I never claim asylum never claim any benefit nether my wife I been working all way throw.dont know why they give me this type of visa. Thank you.

alfa
Newly Registered

Re: Discretionary Leave( ILR)

Post by alfa » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:34 pm

ahmedkoky76 wrote:Hi I wonder if some one can help me please .I been married for over 8years to British citizen and I applied from here because I couldn’t go back to my country to make entry clearance because of my wife circumstance she had brain tumor and she needed me to be here supporting here also I had military service back home if I went they; ll take me for one year to serve in the army .so when I applied .the home office give me Discretionary Leave for 2years .since then I been renew it .i completed 6year now and I think I can apply for ILR BUT I READ ITS SOME TIMES CAN BE 10YEARS .does any one know in my case i ‘ll granted ILR or they can extend it for four more years .i don’t know .also what application do I need.? I never claim asylum never claim any benefit nether my wife I been working all way throw.dont know why they give me this type of visa. Thank you.
after 6 year you will get ILR. but if you are not happy from your solicitor always change your solicitor & then apply with more experienced solicitor. [Edit by Moderator : the rest of this post deleted as being in contravention of the T&Cs of this board.]

Danbrix

Re: Discretionary Leave( ILR)

Post by Danbrix » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:12 pm

ahmedkoky76 wrote:Hi I wonder if some one can help me please .I been married for over 8years to British citizen and I applied from here because I couldn’t go back to my country to make entry clearance because of my wife circumstance she had brain tumor and she needed me to be here supporting here also I had military service back home if I went they; ll take me for one year to serve in the army .so when I applied .the home office give me Discretionary Leave for 2years .since then I been renew it .i completed 6year now and I think I can apply for ILR BUT I READ ITS SOME TIMES CAN BE 10YEARS .does any one know in my case i ‘ll granted ILR or they can extend it for four more years .i don’t know .also what application do I need.? I never claim asylum never claim any benefit nether my wife I been working all way throw.dont know why they give me this type of visa. Thank you.

I am not sure if you need a solicitor but if you are looking for one, then it should definitely be an OISC registered solicitor.

John

Post by John » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:00 pm

Danbrix, there is confusion in your post. Solicitors are not OISC-registered. They are regulated by the Law Society.

And those that are registered with OISC are not Solicitors.
John

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Thank you for the correction John.

alfa, if you need advice on immigration issues, then it should be from an OISC registered immigration adviser.

alfa
Newly Registered

Post by alfa » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Danbrix wrote:Thank you for the correction John.

alfa, if you need advice on immigration issues, then it should be from an OISC registered immigration adviser.
, i got my visa , thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :-)