ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for SET ( M ) few questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Applying for SET ( M ) few questions

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Hello Gurus,

I know this question might have asked by several users before, but I just want clarification on few things?

Being living in UK on student visa since June 2001
got married to my british wife in 2008
switched student visa to spouse visa on 30th March 2009
going to apply for ILR first week of March ( within 28 days rule )

few questions regarding proof of living together finances etc?
we have our one joint bank account statements, gas/electricity bills on joint name, council tax on joint name, tenancy agreement on joint name, water rates on joint name, and birth certificates of our 2 kids on joint name.

Then I have couple of credit card statements and my NI contribution statements on my name and my MRS has her personal bank account statement. so I think we are OK to show that we have been living together.

My main concern is I am a self employed, and haven't filed my tax return yet, but i pay my NI contribution quarterly. my wife claims HB/ council tax benefit on her name, child benefit on her name and we claim child tax credit on joint names, and i claim WTC on my name.

after reading few posts on this site I believe that as far as i am not claiming for these benefits i should be OK.

Also we have approximately £7000 in our savings. so that should be helpful.

Please shed some light on this matter.

Regards

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 am

any suggestions please?

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:39 pm

best suggestion for you is not to apply by post as they lose your documents and dont return them no matter how hard you try plus its takes 6 months not the 14 weeks they say. Plus the law can change tomorrow and your application form and fees become invalid while there case worker picks your application up after 4 months. It happen to me and i warn anyone making postal application unless absolutle necessary.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:54 pm

I am not going to apply by post anyways, but as far as i understand they will keep your application under the current rules when you post.
Also any one senior or experienced please help regarding my questions.?

thanks

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:17 pm

All i want to check with the experts is claiming WTC in my case as i am Working would cause any problem, but when we asked tax credit people they said its OK as we are couple and if one of us is British then their shouldnt be any problem.
PLease experts help?

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:32 pm

my husband is on a spouse visa and we applied for working tax credits and they said the same thing, that as we are a couple as long as one is British it is ok, however my husbands ILR and we are going to cancel our working tax credits and housing benefit as he was previously refused 2 years ago on the basis of relying on public funds and i don't want to give them any excuse to refuse him again, but thats just me being cautious

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:24 pm

any suggestions from gurus?