ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on HSMP Judicial Review with more than 6mo outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spacekadet
Newly Registered

ILR on HSMP Judicial Review with more than 6mo outside UK

Post by spacekadet » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this.

I applied for an HSMP prior to April 6, 2006, was approved, and am now here on a Tier 1 visa. As such, I am eligible to apply for ILR under the HSMP judicial review.

Problem is, I've spent 245 days total outside of the UK since I first entered. I am a freelance writer and travel frequently as my job allows me to work from wherever I choose. I also frequently write about travel and so taking trips is par for the course. The bulk of my time away stems from several long 20-50 day trips to the states. However, while away I was working the whole time for my UK clients and continued to pay rent, taxes, etc.

Can someone help clarify the rules on this? Am I better off applying for an extension on my Tier 1 and waiting to apply for ILR when I've reached a time period at which I have spent less than 180 days outside the UK for a 5 year period? Or can I justify my time away somehow?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the matter.

With thanks,

Monica

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:00 pm

did you bother to use search function on this website. there are tons of posts related to absences from UK.