ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful appliaction for ILR (on wp) -- 10th feb 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pumbatimon
Newly Registered

Successful appliaction for ILR (on wp) -- 10th feb 2011

Post by pumbatimon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Dear All,

First of all many thanks for all the help, suggesstions and very informative posts! It helped us to get prepared for the big day!!

We were in a dilemma to fill the interative form or not, but was a good option, even though we eventually decided to go to the PEO directly and not pay online. We had read in diffrent posts that the person at the reception checks your papers before paying which was not the case.

Anywayzs to begin from the starting:

Appointment time : 1.30

Place : Sheffield PEO

We got a reminder SMS 2 days before about the appointment!

We chose sheffield after reading in n number of posts that its quiter and your case would be seen really soon, we werent disappointed....

We reached around 12.15 and saw a few people already inside, the offices were quite big, but the one which handles ILR and other biometric requirements was quite small and had only a few seats inside.

We went through security and were told to go to the reception. There are just a few windows side by side (9 to 1 0 in total) and one is for reception, one for payment and the other generic used by various caseworkers and staff, they all sit insde their workspaces and come to the windows whenever required....

Anywazs once we went to the reception window, the concerned person asked for my husbands name checked in the computer and gave him a ticket to wait for our turn, there was a stream of people comming in and they werent checking the timimgs of appointments specifically ( more of a first come first serve basis, as everyone were arriving around the time of thier appointments, so wouldnt be a great deal if someone was a little bit late for thier appointmet (timings 8.30 to 4 pm).

The tickets are not displayed on the screen but called out by the staff on mics and could be missed out easily....

Anywazs our number was called out by the same person on the reception but at a diffrenct window, He asked for the form, very pleasently asked for my husbands profession (he being the applicant) and asked when was the photograph taken. Please make sure that you take your latest photographs, there were a few people who did not and had to take photos in the booth provided and that delays the whole process....

He removed the payment page from the form, put all other documents in a see through folder along with the photograph and told my husband to pay at the payment counter. We were second on the counter and payed the amount .

We had a diffrent experience from what people ahd written that the person checks the forms and accompyning documnet which wasent the case, he just asked to give all documents that it. After payment, the lady took the documents and passed it to a caseworker and told us to wait till our nuber was called. we did not see the caseworker at that point in time.

The above mentioned process must have take around 20 to 30 minutes.

After around 45 mins a very warm looking caseworker came to one of the windows and called our number. She was quite cheerful and put us to ease at once. She asked my husband if we had submitted all the documents, we answered in the affermative, we asked her if she need the photocopies, she said it would be good.

We also asked her if I (the main applicant wife ) could apply as I am on tier one could apply with him... This question has been asked many times in this forum, she went to enquire with a senior and said that I could only jump to SET M and would have to do do entry clearence from India, so suggested that I persue my route as a tier one applicant and do my extension for two years and ILR at the end of it...

Any wazss she shaid she would take around 45 mins and suggested that we could go out for a coffee or something, we decided to wait, remember the case worker handles multiple appications and have to give a answer the same day to all the cases assigned to hir/him. We sat there busy watching caseworkes hadling other cases. I n all I think the office handled around 50 cases that day, ILR being 6-7 since 12 in the afternoon.

She came back after an hour to speak to some other applicant and seeing our tensed faces called us to the window to inform that all the documents seem to be in order and that she is waiting for some security checks to send back results. We were quite rreleived as my husband had spent 97 days at one time out of the country but only 134 days in total.

She came back after 30 mins and said that evething is in order and the passport has been sent to the backoffice for stamping and will be anded out in the reception. After around 15 mins we were given the passport with the indefinite stamping on it.

Also an observation as mentioned in the previous post that the stamp will be post dated, it wasnt the case, my husband was fininshing 5 years on march 6th but got the stamping for 10th february.

ALso even though they ask for 2 photographs they gave back one! Also please fill up one of their feedback forms they really appreciate it and will actually help other applicants like all of us... All original documents were returned except the letter from employer!

My husbands status: was on workpermit for 5 years with 2 diffrent companies. was out of the coultry for 138 days in total and 97 days at one go.

Documents and photocopies supplied:

Application form
Cover letter explaing the contents
Two photographs
Life in UK test
Letter from employer confirming employment
Home office documents ( Original WP, transfer of employment, Extended leave to remain papers)
6 months payslips (signed and stamped)
6 months bank statements
Passport (new and old)

Back up but not submitted

P60s
medical certificates
excel sheet explaining absences
Marriage certificate
5 years bank statements and salary slips
Mortgage papers
Utitlity bills (last 6 months)
Appointment letters
Workplace contracts

All in all an excellent experience, my husband is a free bird (immigration restrctions free) and I should be in another 2 years!!!!

Please ask any queries, happy to help!!!

Warm regards and best wishes for everyone else...

Aarati

geriatrix

Re: Successful appliaction for ILR (on wp) -- 10th feb 2011

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:17 pm

pumbatimon wrote:My husbands status: was on workpermit for 5 years with 2 diffrent companies.
Then why did you not include yourself in the ILR application as his dependant?

Or did you mean to say that he was on WP earlier but now on Tier 2 (which requires dependants to be in UK for 2 years to be eligible for ILR)?

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Congratulations..Are you on 5 year worlpermit with the same company?
they didn't ask for any P60's?

pumbatimon
Newly Registered

Re: Successful appliaction for ILR (on wp) -- 10th feb 2011

Post by pumbatimon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:45 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
pumbatimon wrote:My husbands status: was on workpermit for 5 years with 2 diffrent companies.
Then why did you not include yourself in the ILR application as his dependant?

Or did you mean to say that he was on WP earlier but now on Tier 2 (which requires dependants to be in UK for 2 years to be eligible for ILR)?

regards
HI ,

I dont know which rules apply for Tier 2, but the case officer mentioned that all I could do is apply with SET (M) and do my entry clearence from India, did not know the dependent rules were diffrent for WP and tier 2.

pumbatimon
Newly Registered

P60's

Post by pumbatimon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:49 pm

smaganti wrote:Congratulations..Are you on 5 year worlpermit with the same company?
they didn't ask for any P60's?
As far as my husbands case was concerned they did not ask for any additional documents than which were submitted, we had taken the P60's as a back up but did not submit it. I do not think you require to submit them for Work permit and also it has not been mentioned anywhere in the list of documents or forms!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:52 pm

Let me rephrase:

If your husband was on a WP (not Tier 2) on the date of settlement application and you entered UK as his dependant, then you were eligible for settlement at the same time as him even if you had not yet completed 2 years stay in the UK on the date of application. In such case, had you included yourself as a dependant in his settlement application, you too would have been granted settlement status.

So,
1. Was your husband;s status that of WP migrant at the time of settlement application?
2. Did you enter UK as his dependant (i.e.- dependant of a WP migrant)?
If the answer to both questions above is yes, you missed the chance of obtaining settlement at the same time as him.

regards

pumbatimon
Newly Registered

Post by pumbatimon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:59 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Let me rephrase:

If your husband was on a WP (not Tier 2) on the date of settlement application and you entered UK as his dependant, then you were eligible for settlement at the same time as him even if you had not yet completed 2 years stay in the UK on the date of application. In such case, had you included yourself as a dependant in his settlement application, you too would have been granted settlement status.

regards
HI

Well that's exactly what we thought and were thinking of me applying as a dependent before his ILR application, the homeoffice helpline both the number and the e-mail replies made it clear that I needed to spend atleat 2 years as his dependent. we also suggested that we have all the documents proving that we have stayed together in UK for more than two years, for which we got a reply quoting the previous answer and nothing more...

pumbatimon
Newly Registered

Post by pumbatimon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:01 pm

and I was never his dependent, so nothing could have been done....

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:07 pm

You missed your chance, despite being suggested accurately earlier! :(

There is no requirement for dependant of WP migrant to complete 2 years stay in the UK to be eligible for settlement (196D). All you needed was to re-enter UK as a WP dependant (by applyng for EC from home country)! Would have saved you 2 years of waiting!

regards

pumbatimon
Newly Registered

Post by pumbatimon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:14 pm

sushdmehta wrote:You missed your chance, despite being suggested accurately earlier! :(

There is no requirement for dependant of WP migrant to complete 2 years stay in the UK to be eligible for settlement (196D). All you needed was to re-enter UK as a WP dependant (by applyng for EC from home country)! Would have saved you 2 years of waiting!

regards
Well it was alwazs a backup plan, we wanted to make sure he gets his indefinite, if not we had my option open....so a conscious decision!

Staminka
Newly Registered

Post by Staminka » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Congratulations! Just one quick question: did your husband have unpaid holidays? Did caseworker ask the reason for his absence of over 90 days?

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Many Congrats .... Did the applicant have any gap in WP stamping while visa renewal ...

pumbatimon
Newly Registered

Unpaid holidays!

Post by pumbatimon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Staminka wrote:Congratulations! Just one quick question: did your husband have unpaid holidays? Did caseworker ask the reason for his absence of over 90 days?
Hi,

My husband took 60 days of unpaid holidays with the previous employer, thats the time this trip was taken, we had taken permission for the employer at that point in time, but had no letters to prove during our application. The caseworker did not ask a word about the days out of the country. We had taken a spreadsheet with the absences explained and medical certificates but did not submit them and we werent asked for it.

Its sensible to provide only the documents asked for in the form and take everything else as a backup !

Warm regards and best wishes
Aarati

pumbatimon
Newly Registered

Gap in WP stamping!

Post by pumbatimon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:46 pm

rajathwp wrote:Many Congrats .... Did the applicant have any gap in WP stamping while visa renewal ...
Hi,

There was no gap in the WP stamping!

londonprince
Newly Registered

life in uk test hsmp JR

Post by londonprince » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Did you have to wirte life in uk test & also pay premium fee, as per the Hsmp JR this not a requirement anymore for people who received hsmp before 7 nov 2006. i guess this should apply for workpermit holders as well ?

check out the point & links

5. There should be no requirement to submit the Life in the UK and English language Test when making an ILR application for pre 3rd April 2006 HSMP migrants. These requirements were not within the terms of HSMP guidance and settlement for those who joined HSMP before 3rd April 2006. It won't be in accordance with the high court order (point 1) and the judgment to apply such new requirements now.

10. The facility to apply in person at Public Enquiry Offices for ILR should be applicable for all those who joined HSMP scheme prior to 3rd April 06 and pre November 06 without having to incur an extra premium service fee. As this will allow those who already suffered due to the ILR changes to be able to obtain settlement at the earliest without the need to wait further.

http://pakdocs.co.uk/index.php?topic=6.0

geriatrix

Re: life in uk test hsmp JR

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:14 pm

londonprince wrote:Did you have to wirte life in uk test & also pay premium fee, as per the Hsmp JR this not a requirement anymore for people who received hsmp before 7 nov 2006.
pumbatimon wrote:Documents and photocopies supplied:

Application form
Cover letter explaing the contents
Two photographs
Life in UK test
Letter from employer confirming employment
Home office documents ( Original WP, transfer of employment, Extended leave to remain papers)
6 months payslips (signed and stamped)
6 months bank statements
Passport (new and old)
londonprince wrote:i guess this should apply for workpermit holders as well ?
No, it doesn't! HSMP JR policy applies to HSMP migrants only, not for WP / Tier 1 migrants.

regards

pumbatimon
Newly Registered

Re: life in uk test hsmp JR

Post by pumbatimon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:25 pm

londonprince wrote:Did you have to wirte life in uk test & also pay premium fee, as per the Hsmp JR this not a requirement anymore for people who received hsmp before 7 nov 2006. i guess this should apply for workpermit holders as well ?

check out the point & links

5. There should be no requirement to submit the Life in the UK and English language Test when making an ILR application for pre 3rd April 2006 HSMP migrants. These requirements were not within the terms of HSMP guidance and settlement for those who joined HSMP before 3rd April 2006. It won't be in accordance with the high court order (point 1) and the judgment to apply such new requirements now.

10. The facility to apply in person at Public Enquiry Offices for ILR should be applicable for all those who joined HSMP scheme prior to 3rd April 06 and pre November 06 without having to incur an extra premium service fee. As this will allow those who already suffered due to the ILR changes to be able to obtain settlement at the earliest without the need to wait further.

http://pakdocs.co.uk/index.php?topic=6.0
Well my husband had to take the Life in UK test and also we payed the premium price, HSMP rules applies to only HSMP holders before that that date, not for any other applicants!