ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

File organisation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yaelhitch

File organisation

Post by yaelhitch » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:36 pm

Mu husband is applying for his indefinte and we are going to the Cardiff office in person to apply, i have spent a lot of time orgainsing all the documents needed and have put them in a ring binder with an index at the front so the immigration advisor can find everything, however someone told me that when you see them it is behind a glass and it is unlikely that i will be able to pass my ring binder through the gap, is this correct or what it is the best to organise a file?

xyz123

Re: File organisation

Post by xyz123 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:31 am

yaelhitch wrote:Mu husband is applying for his indefinte and we are going to the Cardiff office in person to apply, i have spent a lot of time orgainsing all the documents needed and have put them in a ring binder with an index at the front so the immigration advisor can find everything, however someone told me that when you see them it is behind a glass and it is unlikely that i will be able to pass my ring binder through the gap, is this correct or what it is the best to organise a file?
Depends how big your file is. It is true that advisors are behind a glass, however there is a place under the glass to pass documents through (at least at Croydon).

Do not worry about such little things. Your ILR wont be rejected if your binder can not pass through the gap in the glass. You organise yourself in the way you feel comfortable. I am sure if the gap isnt big enough then the caseworker can find a way to come out and take binder from you or ask for individual documents.

One suggestion is that many people (including me!) take a lot of other documents as backup to the PEO. What you should do is seperate two things, one should be all those documents asked under the form and other should be backup if any queries arise.

do not worry about such things. you are just stressing out yourself.

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:54 pm

thanks for the reply, i do have loads of backup documents but have put them in the same file so might seperate them now as i have put in 2 years of bank statements. i guess i am worrying over silly things!
Also i know we need to photocopy original documents do they also need a photcopy of the application form?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:00 pm

You won't need 2 years of bank statements. 3-6 months will be adequate.

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:39 pm

ok, i did think i may be going over the top with the bank statements! do we need to make a photocopy of the application form though?

hjnmalik
Newly Registered

Post by hjnmalik » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:55 am

Hi,
I am going to Liverpool PEO on the 1st April.
i got 4 months bank statements and rest of them i am taking as back up. i have the same question, apart from the passport photocopies; do we need to make photocopy of all the documents that we are supplying??

i think there is no need as they want to originals and we will giving them the folder with all originals in that, so the copies?

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:00 am

yaelhitch wrote:ok, i did think i may be going over the top with the bank statements! do we need to make a photocopy of the application form though?
You can always take them with you if that makes you comfortable and you can show them if in the unlikely event that you are asked for it.,

Regarding photocopies, application form does not need to be photocopied

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:39 am

thanks for the reply, glad i don't have to photocopy the application form, and think i will just photocopy the the doucments they have asked for but not all the back up bank statements as that will cost a fortune!
good luck hjnmalik for the 1st april, let me know how u get on.