ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New SET(O) from - question on Section 9, sub-section B

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

unxepktylwvhl
Newly Registered

New SET(O) from - question on Section 9, sub-section B

Post by unxepktylwvhl » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi There,

I plan to apply for ILR beginning of May and trying to sort out the paperwork sooner rather than later.

I'll apply on a combination of WP and Tier 1 (general), with my Tier 1 granted under rules in place before 6 April 2010.

I just downloaded the latest SET(O) from UKBA website and looks like it's already been modified to take into account the new rules than came into being beginning of this month.

Anyway, section 9 of the form deals with Tier 1 points assessment, under which, sub-section B. deals with qualifications assessment, on which I have a couple of questions :)

B. Qualifications Assessment

You can claim points for one qualification only.
If you have claimed points for a qualification on a previous Tier 1 (General) application and sent in evidence of the qualification at that time, you should still list this qualification in this section below. However, you do not need to provide this evidence again in order to claim points for this application.

1. So basically, I still have to list details of my awarding institution, year of graduation and subject studied etc. What I don't have to do is send in my graduation certificate, since I did that the last time I applied to switch to Tier 1. Why even ask?! Did anyone else find this strange?

B2. Please indicate your method of verifying your qualification:
  • Qualification recognised on the points calculator
    Qualification recognised on points calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application
    Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a UK NARIC letter and/or certificate
    is enclosed
    Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a UK NARIC letter and/or Certificate was provided with a previous Tier 1 (General) application
    Qualification not on the points calculator, but a letter stating the UK academic equivalence from the relevant United Kingdom professional body is enclosed
    Qualification not on the points based calculator, but a letter Stating the UK academic equivalence from the relevant United Kingdom professional body was provided with a previous Tier 1 (General) application

2. I just checked the points calculator on UKBA and to my shock horror, I no longer get points for my bachelors degree (my university is listed, so is my course), even though the same degree was awarded points back in April 2010 which enabled me to switch to Tier 1 in the first place! The way the question are presented in B2 indicates the current points calculator/database.
What should I choose as the answer?

Thanks everyone.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Quite obvious really. You dont need to go and check on the calculator if your degree gets points now. The option

Qualification recognised on points calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application

quite clearly is applicable to you and just submit the letter you got when they confirmed total points and awarded Tier 1 to you...no hassles or confusion :-)

KP

unxepktylwvhl
Newly Registered

Post by unxepktylwvhl » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Thank you. Really appreciated.

Have a nice evening.
kenfrapin wrote:Quite obvious really. You dont need to go and check on the calculator if your degree gets points now. The option

quite clearly is applicable to you and just submit the letter you got when they confirmed total points and awarded Tier 1 to you...no hassles or confusion :-)

KP