ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO success at Solihull today

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

unxepktylwvhl
Newly Registered

PEO success at Solihull today

Post by unxepktylwvhl » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:01 am

Hi Everyone,

First of all, many thanks to all the helpful folks who patiently responded to my earlier questions. Highly appreciated.

Went to Solihull earlier today for my ILR appointment, with loads of paperwork, about an hour before my appointment was due.

Firstly and importantly, the staff were extremely amicable and the office environment quiet and relaxed, I really liked the place.

When I entered, I was asked to go through security and a brief check was made to see if I had the correct application and handed a token.

In less than 10 minutes time, I was called for the interview, which was more than half an hour before my actual booking :)

The lovely lady who processed my application asked me for my passport and application at the beginning of the interview. Thankfully, the UKBA seems to have a good records keeping system, since she was able to pull out all the details on me based on my passport alone :)

My application was pretty straightforward, having thankfully worked in the same company ever since I've been here. The only thing I was worried about a bit was I had an absence of 90+ days at a stretch in one occasion for a business trip. I made sure that I had a letter from HR stating that and explicitly highlighted that during my trip, I was a UK tax payer, getting paid in the UK, in my UK bank account etc. and had my P60s along with me to back that up too.

Like I mentioned earlier, I had loads of documents with me, especially since I was applying on a combination of WP and Tier 1.

However, I was only asked for my last 12 months income proof, in my case, 12 months bank statements and payslips and my letter form employer. I did mention that I had my last 5 years P60, etc. Turns out, it wasn't needed at all :)

In less than 10 minutes after the interview began, I was told that my ILR was approved and I can pick up my passport in a couple of hours time :) So went out and thankfully within 5 minutes walking distance, there's a nice shopping mall, the perfect place to hang out have a bite etc. while your passport is processed :o

That's all folks!

destiniation_london

Re: PEO success at Solihull today

Post by destiniation_london » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:26 am

unxepktylwvhl wrote:Hi Everyone,

First of all, many thanks to all the helpful folks who patiently responded to my earlier questions. Highly appreciated.

Went to Solihull earlier today for my ILR appointment, with loads of paperwork, about an hour before my appointment was due.

Firstly and importantly, the staff were extremely amicable and the office environment quiet and relaxed, I really liked the place.

When I entered, I was asked to go through security and a brief check was made to see if I had the correct application and handed a token.

In less than 10 minutes time, I was called for the interview, which was more than half an hour before my actual booking :)

The lovely lady who processed my application asked me for my passport and application at the beginning of the interview. Thankfully, the UKBA seems to have a good records keeping system, since she was able to pull out all the details on me based on my passport alone :)

My application was pretty straightforward, having thankfully worked in the same company ever since I've been here. The only thing I was worried about a bit was I had an absence of 90+ days at a stretch in one occasion for a business trip. I made sure that I had a letter from HR stating that and explicitly highlighted that during my trip, I was a UK tax payer, getting paid in the UK, in my UK bank account etc. and had my P60s along with me to back that up too.

Like I mentioned earlier, I had loads of documents with me, especially since I was applying on a combination of WP and Tier 1.

However, I was only asked for my last 12 months income proof, in my case, 12 months bank statements and payslips and my letter form employer. I did mention that I had my last 5 years P60, etc. Turns out, it wasn't needed at all :)

In less than 10 minutes after the interview began, I was told that my ILR was approved and I can pick up my passport in a couple of hours time :) So went out and thankfully within 5 minutes walking distance, there's a nice shopping mall, the perfect place to hang out have a bite etc. while your passport is processed :o

That's all folks!
congrats mate. just a quick question, did you pay the fees after the decision was made just like what some of the members have experienced at solihull.

Struggler

Post by Struggler » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:50 am

Hi unxepktylwvhl

Firstly congrats on your ILR. I see that you had a more than 90 days absence in a single trip. I was wondering if this casued any problems for you when you applied at PEO? Mine is due to medical reasons which I will have no problems in proving as long as the caseworker is ready to listen.

Do you think even I should apply at Solihull?

Many thanks

RUPS
Newly Registered

Re: PEO success at Solihull today

Post by RUPS » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:27 am

Great Congrates..... but what do you mean by "Thankfully, the UKBA seems to have a good records keeping system, since she was able to pull out all the details on me based on my passport alone :)" What sort of Info. they found from your passport? I'm asking because I had once claimed public fund in past but that was a single claim. could they find out it from Passport detail?

unxepktylwvhl wrote:Hi Everyone,

That's all folks!