ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about FAQ ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonprince
Newly Registered

Question about FAQ ILR

Post by londonprince » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:20 pm

------------------- i have a question about this FAQ

- When does my ILR qualifying period start?
A - There are two scenarios. One is that ILR qualifying visa (e.g. Work Permit, Tier 1, HSMP, etc) was obtained by switching into that category from another visa whilst still in UK. Second is that ILR qualifying visa was obtained out of country. For first case ILR clock starts from the day the passport was stamped with that visa. For second case ILR clock starts from the day when applicant first entered UK on that qualifying visa. E.g. If someone got Tier 1 visa from out of UK on 1st February 2006 and entered the UK for first time on 20th February 2006, then ILR clock starts from 20th February 2006.

-------------------
I was in studend visa from 2002 to 2006 16 august in Uk.
then i got stamped my workpermit in 17th august but i got stamped out this country and enter the country in 9th september 2006.

so which scenarios do i fall into 1 or 2 ?

Struggler

Post by Struggler » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:48 pm

You fall into 2nd category so your ILR clock starts from 9th september 2006.

londonprince
Newly Registered

Post by londonprince » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:05 pm

thank you