ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born in uk planning to travel

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonprince
Newly Registered

child born in uk planning to travel

Post by londonprince » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:01 pm

planning to apply for british passport direct to my child who was born in uk
but he also has travel requirement.
he already has a indian passport with workpermit depentent visa expiring next year 2012.

can he travel using his indian passport with dependent visa when i(main applicant) have changed my workpermit into ILR. ?

thanks for the help

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:21 am

If child was born before a parent was granted ILR, then see also children travel after parents ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mfl
Newly Registered

travel

Post by mfl » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:21 am

I had same problem

I contacted UKBA,

They said if you obtain ILR, ur dependants visa becomes invalid.

Dependents are ok to travel out of uk but will need visa to enter uk.

I suggest delay travel, get ur ILR and then apply for ur child registration as british citizenship. U don,t need to apply ILR for uk born children though.