ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted after refusal 3 months ago - WP salary issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

liuminparis

ILR granted after refusal 3 months ago - WP salary issue

Post by liuminparis » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:56 pm

hi,

an update for my friend's ILR application - he has been successfully granted ILR in his second application in PEO Croydon. I helped him all the way through and here is the full story:

June 2011 - first ILR application under 5 year work permit was refused. Reason: the applicant's salary level is below the requirement. His salary was £16K based on his work permit renewed in 2007. The salary was not adjusted in the past 3 years. His immigration advisor didn't suggest him to change his salary before he applied for ILR in June 2011. He applied in Liverpool using premium service and was refused after 2 weeks.

He applied with his family, and there wasn't many similar cases before so this is a big strike to him. He queried to quite a few solicitors and advisors, nobody really know what to do next. They all quoted him a high charge for re-application. Someone said he could apply immidiately, someone suggested him to wait for another year.

They asked me for help as I dealt with a few other cases for my friends before so I started to look for information for them.

To be honest, not much relavant info on the internet or anywhere as the new rule came out in April 2011 and there hasn't been many refusal cases. However, I found this website the most useful one and people are warm-hearted to provide advices to whatever questions I asked.

As there weren't other cases I can use for reference, I have to gather information and make decision with my friend on his second application.

Firstly, I suggested him to wait for another 3 months for new application as the visa officer normally only requests 3 months payslip and bank statement. His salary was increased from June so from June to September, he has 3 months payslip with increased salary

secondly, I wrote to UKBA regarding adjustment to his salary and the request was approved by UKBA and a technical change instead of significant change. His salary was improved to £18,500 from £16,000.

Thirdly, I helped them to prepare all necessary documents. The most important one is the employer's letter. I got template from this website. (very thankful to people who advised or posted the template)

I booked an appointment for him in September 2011. Tried to book Solihul office because it charges fees after ILR is granted however Solihul is so popular that we cannot get a place.

When everything is ready for his second application, we went to London for the appointment. (My friend was under so big pressure so I even asked him if he wants a real advisor instead of me. However, his wife is more assertive than him that she confirmed she wants nobody else to help but me Very Happy)

We drove to London office for the 9:45 appointment for that day. London traffic is so bad that we barely arrive the office 5 minutes before the latest entry time (9:10)

We prepared 2 sets of docments
the first set includes
1. application form
2. photos
3. 3 months pay slip (all with increased salary)
4. 3 months bank statement
5. employer's letter
6. 1 P60
7. cohibitant docs (council tax bill)
8. LIUK certs
9. Police registrations
10. His daughter's school letter

the second set includes
1. the other 4 P60s
2. refusal letter and appeal letter of his first application
3. contract
3. employer's letter stating accommodation is provided for his family
4. medical card
5. other relavent docs

On the ground floor, the officer asked for following docs
1. application form
2. 3 months payslip
3. 3 months bank statement
4. 1 year's P60
5. LIUK
6. Police registration

he checked info on the computer and immidiately asked about the refusal of first application. He asked why was refused. I said because his salary was not adjusted in time according to the new rule however it has been increased now. Then he asked for employer's letter to check and asked no more questions

He gave us a number and we went to the cashier on the first floor. After paid the fee, we enter the waiting area and wait for the number to be called.

We waited about 40 minutes and were called to the window. (My friend was shaking!) The cases officer asked for the same set of documents except the P60. She briefly went through the docs and didn't ask any question about refusal. Then she said we can go away to wait to be called again. Up to this time, we didn't submit the refusal letter or appeal letter we prepared. However, I gave her the printed email between me and UKBA showing the request of increasing salary and UKBA's approval, saying the salary increase was approved. She didn't pay much interest on it at all.

so we waited for another hours also. we can see clearly how she processed the docs. She went through all the provided docs one by one and check info on her computer, however we are not sure what exactly she checked for. She spent 30 minutes ish to go through all docs and the other 30 minutes seemly to input applicants' info into her system (4 people). Then she photocopied docs in the back office and came back to her desk and put all passports and photos into 4 plastic file pockets. Then she called us to the window and said the ILR are granted and we will be called after another hour or 90 minutes

only until now my friend and his family start to smile after 3 months of horrible life. We went for a coffee and wait and got the passports after 70 minutes!

This is the whole story.

I would say thanks for whoever provided help in this forum. I am happy to provide help based on my experience. Life is not easy for immigrants in the U.K. let's help each other with love.

Good luck to all!!

geriatrix

Re: ILR granted after refusal 3 months ago - WP salary issue

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:44 pm

liuminparis wrote:Firstly, I suggested him to wait for another 3 months for new application as the visa officer normally only requests 3 months payslip and bank statement.
No need for 3 month salary slips / bank statement to confirm payment of salary in line with COP.

Letter from employer is sufficient.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tariqul5000

Post by tariqul5000 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:39 pm

well done mate I wish i do have friend like you. my employer also increased my salary do i need to inform them?

pjunk
Newly Registered

Post by pjunk » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Hiya, thanks for the overview. It is really helpful. But, is police clearance mandatory?

Thanks

liuminparis

Post by liuminparis » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:40 pm

tariqul5000 wrote:well done mate I wish i do have friend like you. my employer also increased my salary do i need to inform them?
Hi, thanks!

How big is the increase? :)

liuminparis

Post by liuminparis » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 pm

[quote="pjunk"]Hiya, thanks for the overview. It is really helpful. But, is police clearance mandatory?

Thanks

It seems to be mandatory as both workers asked for it

pjunk
Newly Registered

Post by pjunk » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Oh No! I dont have police registration certificate...I am applying next week.

In the Set (O) form under 10(A) it says...

Your police registration certificate if you have been asked to register with the police.

pjunk
Newly Registered

Post by pjunk » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Ok...called the enquiry number and they said, certain individuals are asked to register with Police. If you were not asked, you dont need to worry!

tariqul5000

Post by tariqul5000 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:04 pm

liuminparis wrote:
tariqul5000 wrote:well done mate I wish i do have friend like you. my employer also increased my salary do i need to inform them?
Hi, thanks!

work permit issued on £15000
increased in 2010 to £ 16500
increased in now to 19200 (soc 1223)

any suggestion ?

Shakil79
Newly Registered

Police Registration Certificate

Post by Shakil79 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:21 am

Hi,

Where can I find that I am required to register with the police or not? I am not registered with police so far. In my previous visa extensions (Leave to remain), i have not submitted police certificate. I am on tier1 general visa and applying for ILR on coming Monday. Can you please reply to this ASAP. I am employed by the Govt funded institute, I am not sure if the letter from employer will be enough etc. Any suggestions>?

Can anyone describe the procedure how to register with the police, how long will it take to obtain police certificate.

waiting for kind advice.

regards,

Shakil

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:05 am

Reporting to the police wrote:What do I need to do?
If you need to register with the police, the visa in your passport will clearly say so. You will need to register at a specified police station within seven days of the requirement being made.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tanvirni

Pls update

Post by tanvirni » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:13 am

I am also have similar query, pls update?

tariqul5000 wrote:
liuminparis wrote:
Hi, thanks!

any suggestion ?

genious

Post by genious » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:48 pm

Well done, you are a champion friend.

tariqul5000

Post by tariqul5000 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:35 pm

waiting for your respond.

liuminparis

Post by liuminparis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:06 pm

tariqul5000 wrote:
liuminparis wrote:
Hi, thanks!

any suggestion ?
It should be ok. When was the final increase done?
Last edited by liuminparis on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liuminparis

Post by liuminparis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:07 pm

genious wrote:Well done, you are a champion friend.
:) thanks!

tariqul5000

Post by tariqul5000 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:26 pm

liuminparis wrote:
tariqul5000 wrote:
liuminparis wrote:
Hi, thanks!

any suggestion ?
It should be ok. When was the final increase done?
from April as they mention the increase on salary i talked with my lawyer at UK-WORK PERMIT LTD. they instructed me and my employer as my employer r really good with me they increased my salary. :)

sib797
Newly Registered

Post by sib797 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:48 pm

liuminparis wrote:
NEED HELP LIUMINPARIS:
i applied for ILR on WP basis at cryoden and they have refused me on the basis that am not earning according to COP. well according to them i should be earing £27027 but on my employer letter head it was like my basic pay was £25829 plus rental allowance £5700 totalling more then £30k but they told me that we dont take allowances in consideration.
Now...
they kept my passport and other docs and asked me to wait for FORMAL REFUSAL.

can you please advice me what should i do next as my employer is happy to increase my basic pay and reduce rental allowance.

secendly how long they will take to return my passports?

Last, they issue me the letter that we need to do further enquiries ( i think its the standard letter) but have told me that my ILR has been refused and i need to apply again..
Details of docs provided:
1.Passorts
2.Employment letter
3.Last 3 month payslips and bank statments
4.LIUK test
5.Tenancy letter
and other imp stuff.

Realy need your advice mate..

Thanks in advance...

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:06 pm

@sib797 check this post. Seems UKBA accepted allownce as part of pay.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 1afb33cf6f

sib797 wrote:
liuminparis wrote:
NEED HELP LIUMINPARIS:
i applied for ILR on WP basis at cryoden and they have refused me on the basis that am not earning according to COP. well according to them i should be earing £27027 but on my employer letter head it was like my basic pay was £25829 plus rental allowance £5700 totalling more then £30k but they told me that we dont take allowances in consideration.
Now...
they kept my passport and other docs and asked me to wait for FORMAL REFUSAL.

can you please advice me what should i do next as my employer is happy to increase my basic pay and reduce rental allowance.

secendly how long they will take to return my passports?

Last, they issue me the letter that we need to do further enquiries ( i think its the standard letter) but have told me that my ILR has been refused and i need to apply again..
Details of docs provided:
1.Passorts
2.Employment letter
3.Last 3 month payslips and bank statments
4.LIUK test
5.Tenancy letter
and other imp stuff.

Realy need your advice mate..

Thanks in advance...

sib797
Newly Registered

Post by sib797 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:15 pm

@ tanvirni, i think they accept it but THEY have told me that my basic salary should be more then amount stated in SOC which is £27027, but my employer spoke to UKBA before they did the letter for me.. they been told its not a problem. BUT case supervisor have told me something else. there is not explaination what so ever on SOC that your BASIC salary should meet the criteria. they just said you should have earn x x amount of money.. which i earn as total wages. but dont know what to do as they kept the paper work and didnt even give me right to appeal, even they have told me that NOTHING WRONG with your application, you just need to sort your wages out with your employer

:?

nanmoom

Post by nanmoom » Thu May 16, 2013 6:36 am

@="liuminparis"]

How did you manage to get a salary to be adjusted by the HO.
I note you write

"However, I gave her the printed email between me and UKBA showing the request of increasing salary and UKBA's approval, saying the salary increase was approved" In a previous post where the applicant was refused because his salary increase was not changed.

A response will be appreciated .

Thanks