ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application successfull at Solihull PEO with dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

farrukh

ILR application successfull at Solihull PEO with dependant

Post by farrukh » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:35 pm

HI All

First of all i would like to thank everyone here for their valuable information and support.

I went for my ILR couple of days ago. After reading all the info here i decided to book at Solihull PEO. I was applying under the judicial review as initially i applied in ovtober 2005 for my HSMP. I also got married fairly recently and my wife came here in July this year. I was very worried weather my will get ILR with me or not. As i had mix comments from this forum. Some were saying that they were asked to provide 2 years of cohabitation proof and some were not. Anyways, i went over there with maximum number of documents.

My appointment was for 9:30 but we arrived early and were allowed to enter at 8:45. I was asked for my appointment time and than my application form was checked. THey made sure that i am using the latest version of the form and than after initial security check we were given a ticket number. After about 5 mins our number was called. I was surprised to see a young case worker and she was very very friendly. She first of all asked me to pass my application form over. Than she asked me if I am applying under the Judicial review and i said yes. She checked few things and than said smilingly that you got away with giving life in the uk test. THan she asked me for our passports. Than she said if i got my marriage certificate and she said that its required because they got no record of my wife as i got married recently. So i gave her the marriage certificate. Than she asked for three months pay slips and all the P60s. Than she asked if i can provide some cohabitation proof of me and my wife for last 2 years. TO this i said im applying under JR and i dont have to proof 2 years cohabitation and that the dependants status follow that of the main applicant. And she said sorry that she forgot that i got married recently and she said if i got anything than can proof that we live at the same address. I was relieved and gave her the council tax bill with our names on it. She than said that everything seems fine and we will get the ILR and asked us to pay and come back in 2 hours time.

I went to the counter to pay and used my natwest debit card. After entering the pin the girl at the counter said that she had to call the NATWEST for some security check. Than she called them and the bank asked me for my details and my password. Luckily i remembered the password and then it was all oki. THe girl at the counter said that they have problems with the natwest cards everytime. But as i remembered the password it was all oki.

We than went outside and spend the rest of the time at the shopping centre. Went back in at 11 and our passports were ready.

Overall it was a really good experience at Solihull PEO and people were very very friendly. I also would like to thank all of you for your help and support and if there is anything i can help with please feel free to post.

And my wife came here in July this year and she got the ILR stamped on her passport.

PS

I was also asked for my initial HSMP approval letter.
Last edited by farrukh on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tara55
BANNED

Re: ILR application successfull at Solihull PEO with dependa

Post by tara55 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Congratulations....

I m trying to book for PEO appointment in Solihull but could not find any...

How did you book your appointment in Solihull?

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Hiii tara

I booked it online. I think you have to check over and over again to book as i was not getting any available slot. but i did check over and over again and manage to find an empty slot.

Hope this helps.

fora

Post by fora » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:02 pm

congratulations,Farrukh!

tariqul5000

Post by tariqul5000 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:23 pm

farrukh wrote:Hiii tara

I booked it online. I think you have to check over and over again to book as i was not getting any available slot. but i did check over and over again and manage to find an empty slot.

Hope this helps.
did you received any confirmation email after booking the appointment ? i did book at solihull as well but didn't received any confirmation email. but did have the reference number ? is solihull peo really busy?

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:29 pm

hi Tariq

Yes, i did recvd an email just after i booked online. Dont worry if you dint recive the email confirmation. For your peace of mind you can log back into your ukba account and printout the page where your date time and reference number are mentioned.

Also, i recvd a txt msg from ukba just a day before my appointment. So you might get one as well. But the important thing here is that no one asked me to show the txt msg or the appointment details. They just asked my name and the time of my appointment.

So, as long as you can login to ur account and view your booking, it should be fine.

Hope this helps.

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:30 pm

and no it was not that busy at Solihull PEO.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:51 pm

farrukh wrote:and no it was not that busy at Solihull PEO.
Congratulations farrukh specially ILR for your wife. In documents asked you did not mention about employer letter. Did case worker not ask for it

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi khalidmirza

Yes, she dint ask me for employers letter and dint even ask me for my bank statements.

hope this helps.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:22 am

farrukh wrote:Hi khalidmirza

Yes, she dint ask me for employers letter and dint even ask me for my bank statements.

hope this helps.
thank you farrukh. I am happy about your ILR. Case workers have discretionary powers on documents.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Re: ILR application successfull at Solihull PEO with dependa

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi Farrukh
Congratulation on this success.
Could you please advise me if you took the initial HMSP approval letter /tier 1 extension letter with you.?
if yes, did any of your letter says that you have been given visa visa based on old HSMP rule of 65 points?

Regards
farrukh wrote:HI All

First of all i would like to thank everyone here for their valuable information and support.

I went for my ILR couple of days ago. After reading all the info here i decided to book at Solihull PEO. I was applying under the judicial review as initially i applied in ovtober 2005 for my HSMP. I also got married fairly recently and my wife came here in July this year. I was very worried weather my will get ILR with me or not. As i had mix comments from this forum. Some were saying that they were asked to provide 2 years of cohabitation proof and some were not. Anyways, i went over there with maximum number of documents.

My appointment was for 9:30 but we arrived early and were allowed to enter at 8:45. I was asked for my appointment time and than my application form was checked. THey made sure that i am using the latest version of the form and than after initial security check we were given a ticket number. After about 5 mins our number was called. I was surprised to see a young case worker and she was very very friendly. She first of all asked me to pass my application form over. Than she asked me if I am applying under the Judicial review and i said yes. She checked few things and than said smilingly that you got away with giving life in the uk test. THan she asked me for our passports. Than she said if i got my marriage certificate and she said that its required because they got no record of my wife as i got married recently. So i gave her the marriage certificate. Than she asked for three months pay slips and all the P60s. Than she asked if i can provide some cohabitation proof of me and my wife for last 2 years. TO this i said im applying under JR and i dont have to proof 2 years cohabitation and that the dependants status follow that of the main applicant. And she said sorry that she forgot that i got married recently and she said if i got anything than can proof that we live at the same address. I was relieved and gave her the council tax bill with our names on it. She than said that everything seems fine and we will get the ILR and asked us to pay and come back in 2 hours time.

I went to the counter to pay and used my natwest debit card. After entering the pin the girl at the counter said that she had to call the NATWEST for some security check. Than she called them and the bank asked me for my details and my password. Luckily i remembered the password and then it was all oki. THe girl at the counter said that they have problems with the natwest cards everytime. But as i remembered the password it was all oki.

We than went outside and spend the rest of the time at the shopping centre. Went back in at 11 and our passports were ready.

Overall it was a really good experience at Solihull PEO and people were very very friendly. I also would like to thank all of you for your help and support and if there is anything i can help with please feel free to post.

And my wife came here in July this year and she got the ILR stamped on her passport.

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:19 pm

hello son of soil

First of all i am really sorry that i forgot to mention in my intial post that i was asked for my very first HSMP approval letter. It was the very first letter that i recvd back in 2006 and it states that i scored more than 65 points.

But the letter home office has issued now does not mention about points any where.

I hope i have answered your question. If not please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you

richard2013
Newly Registered

Post by richard2013 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:47 am

Dear Farrukh

Can I ask - in the period between your wife arriving in the UK and her being granted ILR status, what immigration status did she hold? Had she obtained a formal "Dependant" status connected with your previous HSMP migrant status, or was she simply here on a tourist visa, or some other status? I am very interested as I am what I think are similar circumstances.

regards