ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC Code that "Could" cause a problem

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ZCorleone
Newly Registered

SOC Code that "Could" cause a problem

Post by ZCorleone » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Good evening,
My Friend is to to apply for ILR based on a continous work for the same company under the closed category of WP, He will complete his 5 years in April 2012.
He initially joined the UK based company via an intercompany WP transfer in 2007, which expired in 2008, the company has then applied an extention for him in 2008 for Five years (expires 2013). this enable him to obtain Limited Leave to remain.
The new income requirement for applying for ILR has changed as of 31 October for Tier 2 and WP

Now.....

SET(O) indicates that a letter from the employer named in your current work permit is needed this contains the following information:

- Your current rate of pay (this should be given in the same format as given in the codes of practice, for

- confirmation that this is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for

The problem is that when I went through the SOC Documents on the UKBA site, it stated that his Job Discription is on a "Lower than NVQ Skill" hence no lower salary figure on the UKBA document.

I then digged through the Documents of UKBA for the Job titles etc. it clearly shows that the employer will not be able to submit a request under Tier2 as the SOC is deemed "Lower Skill"

taking all the above I am worried that my Friend would be refused ILR when he submits the Employeer letter.

However, he is about to completed his Five years covered by the Long term WP.

Any Suggestions, Advise would be Highly appreciated.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Your friend should check for an SOC code matching his job responsibilities in Tier 2 codes of practice for jobs at or above NVQ level 3. If he is being paid (at least) at the rate mentioned against the appropriate SOC, he may apply for settlement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!