ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing Life in the UK Certificate after Successful ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ZCorleone
Newly Registered

Missing Life in the UK Certificate after Successful ILR

Post by ZCorleone » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Hello, I have suucesfully recieve my ILR after appling to the PEO in Croydon.

However...

My Life in the UK test Certificate was not returned to me by the Officer.
I have called the UKBA Phone line and they have advised me to send a letter to the PEO Officer. This I did about three Weeks ago but have not recieved a reply.

As this is an important document and is required for Natrualization application. Please advise me what I should do.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Missing Life in the UK Certificate after Successful ILR

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:43 pm

ZCorleone wrote:Hello, I have suucesfully recieve my ILR after appling to the PEO in Croydon.

However...

My Life in the UK test Certificate was not returned to me by the Officer.
I have called the UKBA Phone line and they have advised me to send a letter to the PEO Officer. This I did about three Weeks ago but have not recieved a reply.

As this is an important document and is required for Natrualization application. Please advise me what I should do.
send a letter to PEO Officer.

Also, though it is an important piece of document, you can argue that you were granted your ILR cuz you submitted it and that they lost it.

m.j

Post by m.j » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Don't think you will require that again during citizenship as you have already shown it now.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:35 pm

if you submit LIUK at ILR, you don't need it further for citizenship - you just need to mention that you provided the certificate during settlement.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:38 am

ban.s wrote:if you submit LIUK at ILR, you don't need it further for citizenship - you just need to mention that you provided the certificate during settlement.
True you do not need it again. May I suggest that you get duplicate as to be on safe side and get rid of tensions

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:41 am

khalidmirza wrote: May I suggest that you get duplicate as to be on safe side and get rid of tensions
you can't get any duplicate LIUK certificate. test providers don't retain any info though details are retained by HO upto certain time.

ilraspirant

Post by ilraspirant » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Why to worry even if it is lost? You have already got your ILR and I dont think you will have to submit again for Citizenship.

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Mate seriously there is nothing to worry about because you definately don't need to send it with ur neutralization application. So just chill :lol:

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:15 pm

I think it is a common practice. I have heard it few times that people didn’t get their certificates back after getting ILR.

ZCorleone
Newly Registered

Post by ZCorleone » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:35 am

o.k. thank you all for your kind replies,

I called UKBA and after mentioning that I have sent them three letters, They asked for my Case ID, they said that they have found the Letter and they will send it back to me, they did mention that it may take up to twenty days for it to arrive.

Thank you all again.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:06 pm

But I wonder why do they keep the LiUK letters and don’t return them after deciding ILR.

If they keep it for all applications and if it’s a process they normally follow, then they shouldn’t be returning it to anyone.

infinity2009
Newly Registered

Post by infinity2009 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:13 pm

Hello
I need some help and advice ASAP. I have send my application to Home Office in 10 January 1015. I have submitted all documents.
27 February I received my documents, but not compleated the Life in UK test was missing . Also they are asking me to send them again original Life in Uk. I have 2 weeks to submit again the documents. What should I do.I didn't use NCS, now they accusing me of not sending the document. I have use Life in Uk test also when I applied for ILR in Uk. Please I need help ASAP
infinity2009
Newly Registered

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:32 am

Don't worry, this is a normal practice for Home Office to keep the LiUK certificates. You just tick 'Yes' to the LiUK question the Citizenship application. I have seen dozens of people applying for Citizenship without sending the certificate as they didn't have one (it was taken by the Home Office at the time of ILR as it happened in your case).

PaulaTD15
Newly Registered

Post by PaulaTD15 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi

I will apply for British Citizenship soon. I have all the supporting documents but I have only copies/scanned copies of the Life in the UK test, which I passed. I always scan important documents in case I lose them, so in this case, I must have misplaced the original copy of the test. The copy I have is very clear and I also have the receipt when I paid for it (probably irrelevant).

I know that you have to ask for the original certificate to the Home office but which is the correct number or section to call? There're so many options when you call one of their many numbers.

Thanks a lot