ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon - 9 Feb 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mailppk

ILR Success at Croydon - 9 Feb 2012

Post by mailppk » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:50 am

Dear all,
This forum was very useful and I am a regular viewer and contributor.

I had my ILR on 9 Feb 2012 ay Croydon
HSMP+ Tier1 case

* appointment at 12:30, me ( main applicant) and my wife reached at 12
* airport style security
* Application validity check done, asked if I had bank statment, Pass certificate and application stamped as valid and given a ticket. (my hsmp was in mar 2007 and came to UK in may...still accepted as it was less than 3 months)
* Paid fee by card in 1st floor, receipt given
* waited for 2 hrs as mine was Non-Biometric case

* invited to a desk for processing my application...case worker was very polite...
£ asked for application form and passport, fees receipt
£ verified the passports and done some acitivity in computer
£ saw absence page and asked if it was only those, didnt cross check, mine was 120 days out of which 50 was business, had letter from employer but was not asked.
£ asked bank statement / payslips for 12 months
£ LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
£ P60s for all 5 years
£ cohabitaion docs (photocopy) for my wife
£ Birth certificate of my UK born sons ( I did not apply ILR for kids, still I was asked)
£ LUK test pass certificate ( give atleast 10 days time between LUK exam and PEO appointment so result comes to system)

gave photocopies of all docs, makes Caseworkers life easy.

in 30 min Case worker decided and said he is happy to issue ILR. all originals except employer letter returned. waited for 30 min and collected mine/my wife's passport.

ILR information printout given by caseworker states, for kids born in UK to parents before getting ILR, can apply for naturalisation once parents get ILR...so no need to add them as dependents if they plan to get British passports to kids.

Happy ending...now planning to apply for naturalisation for my kids.

Regards,

Muziya
Newly Registered

Post by Muziya » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:55 am

Hi

Thanks for your mail. Encouraging

Was anythins said about the min800 £ maintenance requirement? Its an
Issue for me but cant see where it says its a requirement.

Do u need p60s for 5 yrs or you just had these just in case?

Thanks

ilraspirant

Post by ilraspirant » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Normally LUK results reach UKBA in 2 days, so why was that mentioned as 10 days above? Any clarification please?

Chakri
Newly Registered

Post by Chakri » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:39 am

Congrats mailppk

Did the case worker ask about the gap between entry clearance date and date of entry?

Did you mention about the gap in your covering letter?

Chakri

Rishika
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success at Croydon - 9 Feb 2012 (Urgent advise neede

Post by Rishika » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Congratulations....

Mailppk ..my case is exactly the same as your can you please advise on my case Link to my post ..please advise ASAP as need to start i just became aware of 3 months waiver just yesterday so less than 24 hours only. appreciate your advise.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 736#591736

Regards
Rishika

mailppk wrote:Dear all,
This forum was very useful and I am a regular viewer and contributor.

I had my ILR on 9 Feb 2012 ay Croydon
HSMP+ Tier1 case

* appointment at 12:30, me ( main applicant) and my wife reached at 12
* airport style security
* Application validity check done, asked if I had bank statment, Pass certificate and application stamped as valid and given a ticket. (my hsmp was in mar 2007 and came to UK in may...still accepted as it was less than 3 months)
* Paid fee by card in 1st floor, receipt given
* waited for 2 hrs as mine was Non-Biometric case

* invited to a desk for processing my application...case worker was very polite...
£ asked for application form and passport, fees receipt
£ verified the passports and done some acitivity in computer
£ saw absence page and asked if it was only those, didnt cross check, mine was 120 days out of which 50 was business, had letter from employer but was not asked.
£ asked bank statement / payslips for 12 months
£ LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
£ P60s for all 5 years
£ cohabitaion docs (photocopy) for my wife
£ Birth certificate of my UK born sons ( I did not apply ILR for kids, still I was asked)
£ LUK test pass certificate ( give atleast 10 days time between LUK exam and PEO appointment so result comes to system)

gave photocopies of all docs, makes Caseworkers life easy.

in 30 min Case worker decided and said he is happy to issue ILR. all originals except employer letter returned. waited for 30 min and collected mine/my wife's passport.

ILR information printout given by caseworker states, for kids born in UK to parents before getting ILR, can apply for naturalisation once parents get ILR...so no need to add them as dependents if they plan to get British passports to kids.

Happy ending...now planning to apply for naturalisation for my kids.

Regards,

mailppk

Post by mailppk » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:51 am

Normally takes more than a week for case worker to see result in his screen, but some higher ups can access results after 2 days of taking exam using special logins. but what if they are not around when case worker is processing your application? you will have to give all originals to him/her.

mailppk

Post by mailppk » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:52 am

I did not write any cover letter.
I did not tell about the gap too. when they stamp the application as valid after security they will check the dates too.
I did not tell there too...allowed them to work on their own :-)

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:53 am

Hi mailppk, please can you provide the exact dates so we can work out our eligibility for ILR. As I and a lot of people came within 3 months of getting visa and are short of few days for ILR, and your dates would really give us confidence about when to book appointment for ILR.

HSMP: Mar 2007 (please provide the date as well).
Entered UK: Date please?
Tier-1 Ext: When it was granted and the expiry date ?
Last edited by linkers on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mailppk

Post by mailppk » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:09 pm

hi Linkers,

HSMP stamp date was Mar 4, 2007
Landed on May 5, 2007
Tier 1 extn was in Feb 2009, extn given upto May 5, 2012 (to give me 5 years period)

New modernised guidance issued in Jan 2010 to allow upto 3 months from date of stamping to be included in the 5 year residency period.

appointment on 8th Feb 2012, some 25 days before the 5 years based on HSMP stamp date.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks mailppk, this has been very helpful to me in calculating my eligibility for ILR. I am now very confident about getting the appointment 28 days before my visa stamp date.

Thanks again
:)

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:21 pm

could you tell me then when i can book the appointment.

received HSMP approval in dec 2006 while I was student .

1. went to india for Entry clearance and stamped on 16th march 2007
2. came to UK on HSMP (now considered under JR) on 24th march 2007
3. last extension in feb 2009 upto 16/03/2012

Will it be okay if i go to PEO on 17 feb or 19th feb or do i need to wait until 27th feb?

A_Thinker
Newly Registered

Post by A_Thinker » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi mailppk,

Congratulations for getting the ILR.
I entered UK as workpermit holder (Feb-2007 till Aug-2007) then HSMP and Tier-1 till now.
Completed 5 years on 8'th Feb 2012. I still have got my Tier-1 visa until Sept 2012.

Since I've completed 5 yrs I'm applying for Settlement (O) I've got appointment at Croydon on 28'th Feb 2012. I need help regarding the documents in my case-

I've got the following is that good enough-
1. 12 month payslips. Payslips are not original but with Company seal and signed by HR
2. Letter from Employer- Can you please specify what exactly this letter should state?
3. Bank Statement for past 5 years to prove economic activity. Also I've highlighted the House rent payments and Utility bill payments to indicate I'm taking care of my finances.
4. P60 form from 2008 onwards (covering only past 3 years until 2011)
5. Payslips for the initial duration in work permit (Mar 2007 till Aug 2007, Feb 2007 missing). Payslips are not original but with Company seal and signed by HR.
6. Co-habitation: Bank statements for past 2 years (same as in point-3 above) consist both my and my wife's name + NHS cards and few letters from NHS and House agrement letter for last 1 and 1/2 years.
7. Birth Certificate for my son (even thought I'm not applying for my son as he was born here- taking this birth certificate as suggested by you)
8. LUK test pass certificate (for self and wife)
9. Section 10- Documents, states that For the period b4 leave as Tier-1 was granted (i.e. workpermit) documents showing that you meet the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. I am guessing here that the payslips for the duration of workpermit + bank statements + Workpermit stamp should be sufficient enough. Any comments?
10. Given the above I think I've got atleast 100+ pages for which I've to take photocopy. Is that advisable?

I will really appreciate if you can help me and confirm if the above documentation is sufficient or anything more is required?

Thank you in Advance,

Regards

Veetee
Newly Registered

Post by Veetee » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 am

Hi mailppk

Congratulations

I am applying for ILR next month, do i have to include my wife's employment details aswell.

Thanks in advance

Sinamib
Newly Registered

Employer Letter Format

Post by Sinamib » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:41 am

Congratulations! Can you please share employer letter format.

thanks

mailppk

Post by mailppk » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 am

Hi A_Thinker,
my reply as below:

Congratulations for getting the ILR. [color=red]thanks[/color]

I entered UK as workpermit holder (Feb-2007 till Aug-2007) then HSMP and Tier-1 till now.
Completed 5 years on 8'th Feb 2012. I still have got my Tier-1 visa until Sept 2012.

Since I've completed 5 yrs I'm applying for Settlement (O) I've got appointment at Croydon on 28'th Feb 2012. I need help regarding the documents in my case-

I've got the following is that good enough-
1. 12 month payslips. Payslips are not original but with Company seal and signed by HR --- [color=red]take photocopy[/color]

2. Letter from Employer- Can you please specify what exactly this letter should state? [color=red]original will be taken by case worker, so no photocopy required...[/color]
3. Bank Statement for past 5 years to prove economic activity. Also I've highlighted the House rent payments and Utility bill payments to indicate I'm taking care of my finances. -- just have it, no photocopy
4. P60 form from 2008 onwards (covering only past 3 years until 2011)-- [color=red]as you have time why not contact HMRS for employment record for 5 years...take photocopy of P60s, for years not covered by P60 show pay slips, take photocpy of those few payslips that cover the period without P60[/color]

5. Payslips for the initial duration in work permit (Mar 2007 till Aug 2007, Feb 2007 missing). Payslips are not original but with Company seal and signed by HR.[color=red][i] --- no need photo copy[/i][/color]
6. Co-habitation: Bank statements for past 2 years (same as in point-3 above) consist both my and my wife's name + NHS cards and few letters from NHS and House agrement letter for last 1 and 1/2 years. --
[color=red][i]photo copy of only wife's 6 docs to cover 2 years...[/i][/color]
7. Birth Certificate for my son (even thought I'm not applying for my son as he was born here- taking this birth certificate as suggested by you)[color=red][i] -- take photo copy---[/i][/color]

8. LUK test pass certificate (for self and wife) [color=red][i]--take photocopy [/i][/color]

9. Section 10- Documents, states that For the period b4 leave as Tier-1 was granted (i.e. workpermit) documents showing that you meet the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. I am guessing here that the payslips for the duration of workpermit + bank statements + Workpermit stamp should be sufficient enough. Any comments?
[color=red][i]---nothing was asked---[/i][/color]

10. Given the above I think I've got atleast 100+ pages for which I've to take photocopy. Is that advisable?

[color=red][i]dont photocopy everything...[/i][/color]

I will really appreciate if you can help me and confirm if the above documentation is sufficient or anything more is required?

Thank you in Advance,

Regards[color=red][/color][i][color=red][/color][color=red][/color][color=red][/color][color=red][/color][/i][color=red][/color][color=red][/color][i][/i][i][/i][color=red][/color][i][color=red][/color][/i][color=red][/color][i][color=red][/color][/i]

Sinamib
Newly Registered

Post by Sinamib » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:01 am

hi,

Can you please answer below

"Letter from Employer- Can you please specify what exactly this letter should state?"

mailppk

Post by mailppk » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 am

emp letter was simple..

Name-
Job Titile-
employed from...

pls contact HR for any clarifications...

Regards,

HR
contacts tel no and designation

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:35 am

Sinamib, the employer letter for Tier-1 based ILR applications is just a formality and you shouldn’t really be worried about it. As mailppk suggested, just get a simple letter which states your name, job title, employed from date and signed by someone in your HR department.

Don’t confuse it with Tier-2 employer letter which can affect the outcome of ILR if it hasn’t got certain things (like SOC code, income threshold or if the employer doesn’t say that the employee will still be needed in future). Basically Tier-2 letter has to be prepared carefully and should have all the required information in it.

But for Tier-1 based ILR candidates, all you need is a simple letter with the info mailppk advised.
Last edited by linkers on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sinamib
Newly Registered

Post by Sinamib » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:12 am

Thanks both

A_Thinker
Newly Registered

Post by A_Thinker » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Thank you mailppk and linkers for the clarification.

nishu

my query

Post by nishu » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:07 pm

SORRY FOR TYPING IN CAPITAL ..NO ONE HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION POSTED IN THREADS THEREFORE DOING IT AGAIN IN HOPE..

I was on WP for first three years and then moved to Tier 1, now applying ILR under Tier 1, worked for same employer for five years, question is
Do my employer letter need to cover Tier 2 part (SOC Code etc) OR Is it ok on the basis of Tier 1 application

Thanks in advance

A_Thinker
Newly Registered

Post by A_Thinker » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi All,

Wanted to share my experience and good news- I got my ILR at Croydon office on 28'th Feb 2012.

Mine was Work Permit (initial 6 months) followed by HSMP and Tier-1.

Below are the details-
1. Appointment was at 13:30, I reach at 13:00 went thru security checks (allowed my wife and my uncle- he was visiting us but was allowed in) they checked papers at ground floor and then was asked to go to 1'st flr to make the payment.

2. Payment done via cc and was given a number and was asked to be seated in the waiting area till the number is called

3. Waiting started from 13:30 till almost 15:30, there was not much crowd but i guess staff was less. I could see my number displayed on the screen but all of a sudden my number disappeared. I went hunting for my number and found it to be displayed at one of the counters. Strange experience.

4. Caseworker asked the following docs-
i) SET (O) form
ii) Photographs & passports (self & dependant)
iii) Life in the UK test for all applicants
iv) Employer letter & last 12 months pay slips
v) Proof of co-habitance for past 2 yrs- I was having joint bank statements, I was additionally asked for any other docs- so I provided NHS cards, my wife’s Full DL and a disclosure form which she had to apply as requested by her employer
vi) I also by accident gave last 3 years P60- even though it was not asked for.

Note: Please do not give any doc which the case worker does not ask for. Just provide the doc which they ask for. I think because of this I was asked for my P60 for the initial duration in workpermit as I've stated in point #7 below.

5. I was asked for photocopies for all the docs. I did not have any for the extra docs asked in 4 v above- but the case worker did not mind taking photocopy of 4 pages. He was very polite.

6. I was asked to wait for 1hr while the documents are checked and the case worker will then let me know of the decision taken on my application

7. I was confident that there should not be any issues- but trust me any wait at this point is difficult. I could see the case worker thru the window, carrying my passport and talking to his supervisor. He finally called my after 1 hr and asked me for my P-60 for the initial duration in Workpermit. I told I don’t have P60 but I have my payslips and employer relieving letter (stating the duration I worked with them).

8. He took the letter and called me after 5-10 min to inform me that my application for ILR is approved and I need to wait for another 1hr to get the passports stamped with it.

9. Finally at around 5:30 I got my and my wife’s passport stamped with ILR. Overall it took 4.5 hrs end-to-end.

Thank you all for the help and support in my application and I wish best of luck to all who will be applying for ILR.

Next step for me is to apply for my son's Citizenship. I did not go for my son's ILR as he now becomes eligible directly for citizenship as he was born here. Refer Section 1(3) of British Nationality Act.

Best Regards.
Last edited by A_Thinker on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_Thinker
Newly Registered

Re: my query

Post by A_Thinker » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 pm

nishu wrote:SORRY FOR TYPING IN CAPITAL ..NO ONE HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION POSTED IN THREADS THEREFORE DOING IT AGAIN IN HOPE..

I was on WP for first three years and then moved to Tier 1, now applying ILR under Tier 1, worked for same employer for five years, question is
Do my employer letter need to cover Tier 2 part (SOC Code etc) OR Is it ok on the basis of Tier 1 application

Thanks in advance
It should be ok on the basis of Tier-1. But I would suggest ask your employer to provide a separate letter stating the SOC code for the duration of work permit. If at all the caseworker asks then you have something ready.

Hope this helps.