ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Liverpool SET(O) - 13 Feb 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nk_se
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Liverpool SET(O) - 13 Feb 2012

Post by nk_se » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Dear All,

First of all I would like to thank you all for your valuable information, which helped me immensely in preparation for my ILR.
I am on a Work permit with the same employer for the last 5 years.

Documents submitted

1.) SET(O)
2.) 2 Photographs
3.) Life In The Uk test certificate
4.) 3 Months online Pay slips with an authentic confirmation from the employer
4.) 3 Months Bank Statements
5.) Company letter with SOC code
6.) Covering letter with last 5 years absents

I had my appointment booked in at Liverpool for 9.30AM. I live in London but I couldn’t get an appointment with any other PEO near to me before end of this month hence decided to go to LV. I travelled there on Sunday afternoon and stayed in a hotel 10 minutes’ walk from the Liverpool station and the PEO was also 10 minute’s away.

I arrived at the PEO at 9.10AM. Went thru an airport type security check. There was two people in a table, gave them my appointment letter, they found the slot, issued me a token and asked me to go inside and take a sit. On a bigger screen you could see that how many people in front of you and it says “PEO Check In” above to my number.

They haven’t started the process until 9.30 then eventually my number called in.
There was this very young looking girl, wearing her ID with an “I Love NY” neck strap, (it made my day actually) asked the application form (which is SET(O) in my case) had a look at it and then asked LIUK certificate and the letter from my Employer. I asked her whether she needs the photographs. She said no but asked If I have the salary slips and the bank statements with my salary is going to, I said yes. She filled a form and asked me to read it before I sign it - that was for the payment. I had to agree that the visa fees is non-returnable if my application is refused. I signed it and then she gave back all of my documents with a new token and a payment document for the cashier. She said wait around 5 minutes and your number will be called in for the cashier. She said I have scored 21 out of 24 in my LIUK test.

Less than 5 minutes time my number was called in and there was a nice lady in the counter. I gave the form and she asked me to hand over the page 3 of my application set which contains payment details. (I was paying by my credit card). The payment has gone smoothly. After that she used a black marker pen to cover my credit card number and the card security number from that page 3. And it’s only been just over 24 hours but now I can’t remember she gave back that page 3 or not. I think she kept it. She gave me a payment confirmation letter with the same token number and asked me to wait for a call from a caseworker. The time was around 10AM.

10 to 15 minutes later my number called in, there was this nice lady. (She was a mix of Thai/Chinese and English). I gave her the payment confirmation letter. Asked for SET(O) and the passport and the photographs. And then the life in the UK certificate. I didn’t have a photocopy of the LIUK (I thought it’s for them). She said “that’s not a problem, I will make a photocopy”. Then asked my employer’s letter, salary slips and the bank statements. I had 6 months bank statements and the 12 months salary slips (online) with me, she said she just need 3 months only. Asked if I have the photocopies of the salary slips, she could keep them since it’s e-payslips I can print them again. (I had a letter from my employer confirming those e-payslips are authentic.) I tried to give her my utility bills but she said she doesn’t need them.
I gave her my covering letter with my absences details and another sheet which contains about my visas and exit/entry stamps on my passport.
I have travelled a lot during my last 5 years and all were personal holidays. She asked how many absences I had. I had 169 days of absents, 4 days were unpaid but others were paid leave. She hasn’t said anything to my answer.
My SOC code was not exactly a match with my job title so I told her about that. (I had my professional paper qualifications with me to prove in case if they said anything about my job title.) Said she can’t say anything about that until she checks but doesn’t need any documents. Then she started entering things to the computer.

Said she has to open a case for me, asked me to go and take a sit in the common area until she calls me again. 5 or 10 minutes later she was talking to her boss showing my passport. I was bit worried at that point thinking what’s going on. My passport is almost 10 years old so I thought they can’t recognize me or something. Anyway just to put me out of my misery she called me, I asked is everything ok? She said yes, only thing is you have a very long name so we won’t be able to put the whole name in the visa but if we put first 5 initials followed by the surname, is it ok? I said that’s fine.
Then she gave me back, the LIUK original certificate, original bank statements and the payment confirmation letter. Asked me to wait for an hour to collect the passport and my token number was the same. I said I want to go out because I have to check out from the hotel. The time was 10.35AM.

I came back to the hotel, check out time was 11 but the manager said if I wish I can wait few more hours.

I went back to the PEO centre at 12, I went to her asked if my passport was ready she said it hasn’t come back yet. I sat down and removed my jacket then that the first girl who was in the ‘PEO Check In’, came to the caseworker with my passport and called my number.

She said we have granted you the ILR, please check the visa before you go. I checked and everything was good, then she gave me a letter from Home Office confirming that they have granted the ILR and another 2 sheets which contains working rights in the UK blah blah….

SO I got my passport and those letters, said “Thank you”, rushed to the hotel, took my bag and then went to the train station. By the time 3PM I was back in London.

It was a good experience. Sorry if my writing was very long.

I carried, P60’s, 5 years bank statements, 5 years salary slips, tenancy agreement, all the letters from my employer for the past 5 years but she didn’t ask any of them. But Remember I’m on a work permit with the same employer for the last 5 years. Your case might be different.

Now I will keep an eye for the naturalization here.

Many Thanks and Good Luck!
Last edited by nk_se on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Congrat
Last edited by mustang390 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sup

Post by Sup » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Could you tell more about Job title and SOC please? Was it close match or what? I have similar situation ...

Sup

nk_se
Newly Registered

Post by nk_se » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:03 pm

[quote="Sup"]Could you tell more about Job title and SOC please? Was it close match or what? I have similar situation ...

Sup,

The job title was not a close match but the description in the Occupational Codes of Practice (according to my SOC code) was the same as what I do. My job is more to do with computers now but previosely it has done manually so the job title has also been changed. IF you have any doubts, my advice to you is bring all the documets you have with you to prove that it's just the same type of job.
Good luck!!

SHANKARK

Re: ILR Success at Liverpool SET(O) - 13 Feb 2012

Post by SHANKARK » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:56 pm

LOL... It looks like you really liked the ladies at the Liverpool PEO ;-) Congrats man!

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:21 pm

congrats nk_se really happy for you
With Job title change, did you inform the home office before hand? I am with the same employer but got promoted a while back (same SOC as previous job) and they said they do not need to inform home office, a bit worried as my salary is much higher than that stated on my work permit.