ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (2yrs WP + 3yrs Tier1) Salary higher than in WP letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILR_hopefully
Newly Registered

ILR (2yrs WP + 3yrs Tier1) Salary higher than in WP letter

Post by ILR_hopefully » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi All,

I have spent 5 years in the UK, 2 years on WP and 3 years on Tier 1 General visa. I am planning to apply for ILR.

While on WP visa my salary was several times higher than that mentioned in the WP letter. This was because the WP was issued just for my basic salary but I was paid additionally for different projects that I worked on.

Could this cause any problems? Were I supposed to receive only the amount specified in the WP letter?

Many thanks in advance!

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:38 pm

I am in the same boat, really worried as my job changed whilst a wp but HR did not inform home office on the basis that it is same jobe code. As for salary increment I dont think it should be a problem, they would have checked it when you switched to tier 1 and if there is a problem i guess they would have picked it up then.
When I switched to tier one my salary was 30% more than that stated on wp. Did not have any problems.
Will be interesting to get seniors views. Also keep me updated please, I am applying in May. Good luck

ILR_hopefully
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_hopefully » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:57 pm

legalalien wrote:I am in the same boat, really worried as my job changed whilst a wp but HR did not inform home office on the basis that it is same jobe code. As for salary increment I dont think it should be a problem, they would have checked it when you switched to tier 1 and if there is a problem i guess they would have picked it up then.
When I switched to tier one my salary was 30% more than that stated on wp. Did not have any problems.
Will be interesting to get seniors views. Also keep me updated please, I am applying in May. Good luck
I switched to Tier 1 while WP visa was still valid - came back to my home country and made a fresh application. At the time they just cared about whether I had enough points.
I have extended my Tier 1 visa last week and than they only considered the last 12 months.
When I apply for ILR I will give them 5 P60s and WP letter, but salaries will not match by a huge margin.
Also, I have old address on all of my P60s, because when I joined the company that sponsored me they put in my home address and that never got changed..
Lets hope someone with knowledge of these matters will respond!

mkashifanwar
Newly Registered

Post by mkashifanwar » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:36 pm

I am going to apply ILR under same situation, what I understood we only need to provide earning evidences for last 12 months to claim points . For WP period no need to worry about salary , just submit WP letter, P60

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:25 pm

thanks mkashifanwar, please keep us posted with your progress. From previous wp cases on this post they seem to only ask for p60s and employer letter.
A stupid question, what is the wp letter, is it the actual work permit document or are you referring to another letter of some sort?

ILR_hopefully
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_hopefully » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:58 pm

mkashifanwar wrote:I am going to apply ILR under same situation, what I understood we only need to provide earning evidences for last 12 months to claim points . For WP period no need to worry about salary , just submit WP letter, P60
I hope it is not illegal to pay employee more than specified in the work permit...
I just have a small format one-page work permit... I assume that's the 'WP letter' everyone is talking about.

mkashifanwar
Newly Registered

Post by mkashifanwar » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Hi ILR_Hopefully

Have you got ur ILR, if so can you please share ur experience in specific with where ur salary was higher than WP?