ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence period criteria : Heathrow seal missing!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SHANKARK

Absence period criteria : Heathrow seal missing!

Post by SHANKARK » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi There,

Just been working through the absence periods from the UK for my ILR. Noticed that in Jan'10, when I arrived back in the UK, the Heathrow seal is missing..I have no idea how could this have happened.. May be the officer at passport control forgot to stamp my passport?

But, the embarkation seal from India is there on the same day.. And since then, I have made subsequent holidays later in the year and next with all entry seals in the passport.

Could this missing Heathrow seal be an issue on my ILR application?

Smallfamily

Re: Absence period criteria : Heathrow seal missing!

Post by Smallfamily » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:53 pm

SHANKARK wrote:Hi There,

Just been working through the absence periods from the UK for my ILR. Noticed that in Jan'10, when I arrived back in the UK, the Heathrow seal is missing..I have no idea how could this have happened.. May be the officer at passport control forgot to stamp my passport?

But, the embarkation seal from India is there on the same day.. And since then, I have made subsequent holidays later in the year and next with all entry seals in the passport.

Could this missing Heathrow seal be an issue on my ILR application?
No shouldn't be any problem

vishaljelly
BANNED

Post by vishaljelly » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Absolutely no confusion on UKBA part!

Whether the seal is there or not makes no difference in finding when you were OUT and IN UK via Landing card you fill in!

If there is no embarkment on one's passport when they depart from UK UKBA has a easy way of determining it by extracting the information from the candicate itself I.E one needs to provide the travel date and time of departure and airlines name and they crosscheck with the concerned airlines

as far as missing seal on your arrival not to worry they have LANDING CARD info stored in computer securely