ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:44 pm

I posted requesting information to Chief Inspector of the UK Border Agency
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... _standards

Waiting to see what they, If anyone has questions regarding the service(not application) please reply . There should surely be some accountability?

I was referring to these reports http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... n%20v1.pdf

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... on-peo.pdf

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Definitely need some accountability. And they should refund money if they do not process in certain stipulated time.
chweetgurl wrote:I posted requesting information to Chief Inspector of the UK Border Agency

Waiting to see what they, If anyone has questions regarding the service(not application) please reply . There should surely be some accountability?

I was referring to these reports http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... n%20v1.pdf

ZyRon33
Newly Registered

Post by ZyRon33 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:45 pm

@chweetgurl, Thanks! All the best.

Shusam80
Newly Registered

Post by Shusam80 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi Chweetgurl

Is there anyway we all make complain regarding the poor service on the same day process.
My friend faced the same situation yesterday and he willing to do the complain as its visa running out on this 13th of April and his appointment was schedule yesterday at 3:30pm and he received the txt from UKBA around 1:10pm when we was nearly 10miles away from the Corydon office and he checked it afterward that they already cancel all the appointment on that day due to the IT Technical issues or system was down.
The question is that he planned for that day he took the day off as he work as a contractor so he lost £250 per day and the drove from Reading to Corydon all those hassle which goes all waste.
And another 2xfriends with dependants of mine was there aswell and they are just lucky enough to got into the building as there appointment was @ 10:30am and there case was start rolling after the system came back very late that evening but they also not given any decision on the same day services and had been told that UKBA is not able to make the decision and will kept all the documents till then.

I mean we have to do something before its going to effects other later as My friend who appointment was cancel goes through very hard time as he intended to send his passport for Canada immigration aswell as his 30days time is running out there too.

Yesterday UKBA just advised everyone that apply in post if your visa is running out soon or not finding any interview slots.

Please advise if there is any way so we all complain in one go with the help of local MP’s?

Currently I have 3x person who were effected due to yesterday chaos

Thanks

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Hello

I just returned from Croydon PEO, exhausted and shell shocked.

My appointment was at 9, spent all day there only to be informed at 4pm that the application will not be decided today due to some further checks. I am on WP changed employers/WP/FLR's three times and i didn't know about the backlog they are clearing for last few days. Case worker said he is happy with the file but hasnt got the checks response from other departments... i think he just was making this up.. but i am totally drained of energy to even write in detail.. waited for 5 years for this day and paid 2 grand only to be told to go through agonizing pain.

Can anyone please tell me what other dept. and other checks he was talking about? he said he is not getting clearance from other dept which he cant name but he said i should expect a call early next week and if not then that means that "mystery" dept. will require to see my file.. what a load of balls... but i am scarred and anyone please let me know?

He was quoting like this dept could be the one issued me visas before ( work permits or WP UK). is that true? He said he asked senior case worker and he advised to wait until gets clearance from "again mystery dept"

I am on WP and one dependent( my wife). I have urgent travel plans after Easter, what do you think guys, he was happy with the file but only put this on hold for further checks..

thanks

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:01 pm

lahore2664 wrote:Hello

My appointment was at 9, spent all day there only to be informed at 4pm that the application will not be decided today due to some further checks. I am on WP changed employers/WP/FLR's three times and i didn't know about the backlog they are clearing for last few days. Case worker said he is happy with the file but hasnt got the checks response from other departments... i think he just was making this up.. but i am totally drained of energy to even write in detail.. waited for 5 years for this day and paid 2 grand only to be told to go through agonizing pain.

Can anyone please tell me what other dept. and other checks he was talking about? he said he is not getting clearance from other dept which he cant name but he said i should expect a call early next week and if not then that means that "mystery" dept. will require to see my file.. what a load of balls... but i am scarred and anyone please let me know?

He was quoting like this dept could be the one issued me visas before ( work permits or WP UK). is that true? He said he asked senior case worker and he advised to wait until gets clearance from "again mystery dept"

I am on WP and one dependent( my wife). I have urgent travel plans after Easter, what do you think guys, he was happy with the file but only put this on hold for further checks..

thanks
Sorry to hear about this lousy handling by Croydon. I am sure you will be fine and will hear back soon. Take care. You should definitely complain .

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:33 pm

@Shusam80
I think your friend should ring and try to arrange another appointment possibly.
With regarding 2 friends maybe they give a week's time and then go to MP? I doubt MP would straight away do something about it because they first recommend that you should complain to UKBA and also the technical problem on 29th March was sort of public announcement.

By 1 week if they do not hear from application its worth ringing ukba or emailing them querying the delay. Wait and see how they are handling the situation?

I can understand the frustration unfortunately the system is so messed up no one knows how it works! not even the ukba staff!
This is the reason i posted on whatdotheyknow website so that some top cats see how poorly services are provided.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:40 pm

thanks
Hi Lahore

Sorry to hear your situation and i do think could be same reason as my case where I was told my file was not in live location and it was in their london office this was abt 3 weeks ago and still no news although no other documents were asked from me.
Couple of weeks ago UK Border agency were spilt in two maybe this is effecting the way our records were stored and accessed. Not to forget there maybe other backlogs which we do not know of..

I have requested for some vital information on freedom info website link is in previous post. Lets see what they come back with.If you have questions about their service (not application) ask them there.

Good Luck and i do wish your application comes through soon as i myself needing to make urgent travel empathise how stressful this can be :(

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:41 pm

jaskiratbaweja wrote:Definitely need some accountability. And they should refund money if they do not process in certain stipulated time.
chweetgurl wrote:I posted requesting information to Chief Inspector of the UK Border Agency

Thank you being still around and supporting us. Its helps

vtp11321
Newly Registered

Post by vtp11321 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:26 am

Hi all,

No news yet....still waiting...6 weeks and counting....anyways....take care ppls....

regards,
vtp...

lahore2664
BANNED

Re: People waiting to hear back

Post by lahore2664 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:29 am

jaskiratbaweja wrote:So as of today we have following forum members waiting to hear back : -

vtp11321
mtpsk
ZyRon33
Panda_0777
chweetgurl
Londonguy79
LAHORE2664 ( ILR apointment on 30th Mar, told to wait for call)

lucky1234

Want to Swap ILR Croydon Appointment?

Post by lucky1234 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:36 am

Hi All,

Want to Swap ILR Croydon Appointment?

I have ILR appointment booked in croydon on 16April 2012 and would like to swap it with someone who has an appointment booked between 20th and 30th April 2012. It must match the following specification.

Appointment specification:

SET(O) for 3 People (Main applicant & two dependants).

It is easy to swap and i will explain the procedure.

Anyone interested please let me know as soon as possible.

Cheers

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:56 pm

chweetgurl wrote:

thanks
Hi Lahore

Sorry to hear your situation and i do think could be same reason as my case where I was told my file was not in live location and it was in their london office this was abt 3 weeks ago and still no news although no other documents were asked from me.
Couple of weeks ago UK Border agency were spilt in two maybe this is effecting the way our records were stored and accessed. Not to forget there maybe other backlogs which we do not know of..

I have requested for some vital information on freedom info website link is in previous post. Lets see what they come back with.If you have questions about their service (not application) ask them there.

Good Luck and i do wish your application comes through soon as i myself needing to make urgent travel empathise how stressful this can be :(
Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Today was the first working day since i was turned away with a piece of paper " that application is valid and that further inquries are required and will be passed onto other team etc etc". I truly dont understand that UKBA still working this way that to simply see the employment record or any other record they have to request other depts for a piece of info. This is totally insane. I have to visit my country to attend my brother's wedding and this hold up is now scaring me. MY existing visa is still valid for another 20 odd months but you know I am on WP and want to immediately change it. I have seen few posts and people who were turned away on 28th and 29th mar due to tech glitch received calls for their ILR's but they were not given letters like us that file will be held for further checks? I am scarred if it took as much time as yours or even late then there is a long agonizing pain ahead.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:41 pm

This response i got from the authority's office
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ing-194160

Now asked UKBA
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... tandards_2

ZyRon33
Newly Registered

Post by ZyRon33 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi,

No news yet, 11 weeks and still waiting.

Regards,

ZyRon33

mtpsk

Post by mtpsk » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi,

Same here I applied on 1st March Croydon PEO additional doc sent 5th March and still no news yet....

Londonguy79

Post by Londonguy79 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Still waiting here too...

Applied 28th March one week ago today.

Croydon PEO

Got the dreaded "more enquires letter"

:(

I have a feeling it will be a long time...

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:34 pm

I received an letter from PEO Croydon office acknowledging my complaint e-mail and they referred to letter of further enquiries also however due to nature of case it being passed on to member of staff, I do not know what they meant by this?

Anyway I have contacted my MP's office regarding my case and waiting for a form to be sent by them. I plan to fill this form and attach copy of UKBA letter.
Never knew getting through a visa process could be this stressful!

Good Luck for others still waiting ...

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:11 pm

generic123 wrote:Following is the list what they asked me

P&l statement for my limited company
Letter from accountant confirming my earnings with my ltd company

Letter from icaew confirming my accountant is registered with their institution
is your earning was all from LTD company ?
why you didnt submit these docs at the time on PEO.

because they are not required on PBS but CW on window can ask for them.

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:18 pm

jaskiratbaweja wrote:Since we often have PEO cases deferred. Let's make this a thread similar to Postal SET(O) timelines and help people waiting to hear back. I have gone through the anxious waiting and having inputs and information from other has been really helpful for me. My application was successful after it was deferred. Details below:

Hi Forum members,

Need your help and advice. I went to Croydon for my ILR today 21/02/2012 (Tier1 +HSMP). My application has not been granted today and the caseworker requested for more documents from my previous employer regarding Business travel for that employer. Also note none of this travel was to my domiciled country. All Business travel was to other countries rather than my home country.

My total business absences are 216 and personal absences are 179. Even though I had a letter from my previous employer saying that I was employed with them and was required to travel for Business consulting engagements and pervious employer had listed the trips I made for Business.

The letter they have given me says .

Provide a letter from your previous employer explaining : -

1) Why you were required to travel for Business?
2) What was your job role when you were on a business trip?

She said all other criterion are fine and did not ask for any other documentation apart from the documents provided.

Does anybody have experience of a similar situation? What do you people recommend.

I will contact my previous employer and ask them for a detailed letter. Lets hope UKBA accepts this.

If they refuse my application, what are the options? My visa expire mid march. Can I extend my Tier 1?

**************************************************************************************************************************

Update I received my ILRs on 17th March 2012 after submitting a detailed employer letter about absences. I have put the employer letter format on
google doscs for everybody's reference . All the Best

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-WZp0 ... MGNibEFHQQ
did you submit bank statments and your travel expences details which was paid by your company ? or just a letter which you enclosed in this link ?

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:59 am

fahadz1 wrote: did you submit bank statments and your travel expences details which was paid by your company ? or just a letter which you enclosed in this link ?
I only submitted the additional letter from my company and a copy of my contract of employment. That's all and it was sufficient and provided what UKBA asked for.

When is your ILR application?

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:00 am

jaskiratbaweja wrote:
fahadz1 wrote: did you submit bank statments and your travel expences details which was paid by your company ? or just a letter which you enclosed in this link ?
I only submitted the additional letter from my company and a copy of my contract of employment, which was sufficient.

When is your ILR application?
i will apply in july.... just collecting all the documents.

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:02 am

fahadz1 wrote: i will apply in july.... just collecting all the documents.
Any complications in your case? You seem to be collecting very comprehensive documentation.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:25 am

jaskiratbaweja wrote:
fahadz1 wrote: i will apply in july.... just collecting all the documents.
Any complications in your case? You seem to be collecting very comprehensive documentation.
ya it is very complicated.
i was independent contractor for that project and they didnt pay me while i was away from uk and on return they pay me.
their client pay me when i was at client side.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:52 pm

I came across this info related to decision on number of days away by ukba
i hope it helps
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/i ... ing-196000