ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:13 pm

chweetgurl wrote:I came across this info related to decision on number of days away by ukba
i hope it helps
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/i ... ing-196000
thanks a lot. what is yoru case chweetgurl may be i can advice you for any thing.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:26 pm

@Fahadz, Thanks for asking. I have applied for ILR via premium service due to technical problem at PEO croydon could not be processed on the day been 4 weeks since and still waiting....

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:10 pm

chweetgurl wrote:@Fahadz, Thanks for asking. I have applied for ILR via premium service due to technical problem at PEO croydon could not be processed on the day been 4 weeks since and still waiting....
what is your case ?
how many absences ?
which category you applied. tell us what happened at that day !

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:07 pm

@fahadz i hope you dont mind reading through my posts earlier on this forum:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=120

In short - mine is straightforward ILR spouse application delays due to ukba technical problem

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Due to no response from UK Border Agency i invoked a internal review
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/s ... ing-195781

I received a letter from home office addressing the service issue with a standard office - I will respond to this
Another letter referring to Peter Edwards letter saying that the relevant department is conducting enquiries - I will respond to this too

What is interesting that both letters were sent on 11th April from PEO croydon office same day i posted on above link for action. Staff trying to cover themselves up by responding.

Londonguy79

Post by Londonguy79 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Very interesting chweetgurl! Have you heard anything else since? I would be very angry if I were you. Your case is straight foward...

I applied PEO 28th March no word yet... I am 285 days out of UK as my wife is czech..

Chweetgurl what email address did you use for Croydon PEO? I might email them to ask what is happening with my application.

Does anyone know if a it is not decided on the day does my application and documents stay at Croydon? Or do they get sent somewhere else? Just I will need my passport back in about 1 months time so I will withdraw my application then. I do not know should I try to contact the Croydon PEO or head office?

Thanks,

Londonguy.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Londonguy79 wrote:Very interesting chweetgurl! Have you heard anything else since? I would be very angry if I were you. Your case is straight foward...

I applied PEO 28th March no word yet... I am 285 days out of UK as my wife is czech..

Chweetgurl what email address did you use for Croydon PEO? I might email them to ask what is happening with my application.

Does anyone know if a it is not decided on the day does my application and documents stay at Croydon? Or do they get sent somewhere else? Just I will need my passport back in about 1 months time so I will withdraw my application then. I do not know should I try to contact the Croydon PEO or head office?

Thanks,

Londonguy.
Hi Londonguy

I had emailed to ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (complaints) and ukbapublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk (Enquiries)
Got response only after my post in FOI website. Not sure if they even check but worth trying as it will provide as backup document for you.

Also some of us planning to write to BBC watchdog to drum some media support - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=100640

Feel free to send them your story

mtpsk

Post by mtpsk » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:53 am

Guys,

Got a call from UKBA today morning to come and pick the passports and been told everything is OK.

I applied at croydon PEO on 1st March 2012 and its been 40 days to get this message for a very straight forward application complete RIP-OFF....

I will post again once I receive our passports.........

Good luck for all those who are waiting hope these guys do some work.

Regards

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:12 am

mtpsk wrote:Guys,

Got a call from UKBA today morning to come and pick the passports and been told everything is OK.

I applied at croydon PEO on 1st March 2012 and its been 40 days to get this message for a very straight forward application complete RIP-OFF....

Regards
Congrats mtspk :)

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Regards
Many Congratulations buddy. It has been a long gruelling wait.

vtp11321
Newly Registered

Post by vtp11321 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Regards

Congrats mtpsk, your wait is finally over...good luck for everything ..

mtpsk

Post by mtpsk » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:20 am

chweetgurl wrote:

Regards
Thanks Roopa,

I will raise with the BBC watchdog in the other thread mentioned someone should take responsibility/answer for this delay...

Hope you get a call very soon...
Regards

mtpsk

Post by mtpsk » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:25 am

jaskiratbaweja wrote:

Regards
Many Congratulations buddy. It has been a long gruelling wait.
Thanks Mate, Yes it has been a long gruelling wait...Thansk again for your support in this forum....

mtpsk

Post by mtpsk » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:26 am

vtp11321 wrote:

Regards

Congrats mtpsk, your wait is finally over...good luck for everything ..
Thanks VTP hope you get the call/doc very soon

Panda_0077
Newly Registered

Post by Panda_0077 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:30 am

Regards
Congrats mtpsk! Thats a wonderful news!

I also just received an email from my MP (after I asked him to help with my application) that my ILR has been approved, my documents and everything will be returned next week.
I wish everyone all the best especially lahore and chweetgurl. Hope you two will receive good news soon!

mtpsk

Post by mtpsk » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:33 am

Just been back to work from Croydon.Need to ask for ROD to collect the documents I got in @ 9.00 got the doc and came out of the building @9.08 I got a letter confirming the application was successful and the biometric residence permit will arrive in 7 working days.

Panda_0077
Newly Registered

Post by Panda_0077 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:34 am

mtpsk wrote:Just been back to work from Croydon.Need to ask for ROD to collect the documents I got in @ 9.00 got the doc and came out of the building @9.08 I got a letter confirming the application was successful and the biometric residence permit will arrive in 7 working days.
Thats awesome mtpsk!! thanks for the update!

mtpsk

Post by mtpsk » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Panda_0077 wrote:
Thanks Panda... I hope your docs are on its way since you have applied a day before me, from the previous posts in this threads I think they do the pending applications on thursday's so it arrive on saturday.

The approval letter for my application is dated 19/4/2012.

Regards

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:22 pm

mtpsk wrote:
chweetgurl wrote:

Regards
Thanks Roopa,

I will raise with the BBC watchdog in the other thread mentioned someone should take responsibility/answer for this delay...

Regards
Hopefully soon mtpsk... Glad that you got the documents over... Writting to bbc watchdog will be a good idea... as it may drum up some attention

Panda_0077
Newly Registered

Post by Panda_0077 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:36 pm

mtpsk wrote:
Panda_0077 wrote:
Thanks Panda... I hope your docs are on its way since you have applied a day before me, from the previous posts in this threads I think they do the pending applications on thursday's so it arrive on saturday.

Regards
Thanks mtpsk, I also hope my docs are on its way! can't wait! :) cheers

Panda_0077
Newly Registered

Post by Panda_0077 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:31 am

mtpsk wrote:
Panda_0077 wrote:

Regards
@mtpsk, you are absolutely right, my passport and documents arrived today (1hr ago)! I am truly lucky that my MP stepped in, because I just checked my ILR approval letter and the envelope, its being sent out from Liverpool! And I applied in person, premium service in Croydon!

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:59 pm

chweetgurl wrote:
mtpsk wrote:
chweetgurl wrote:

Regards
Thanks Roopa,

Regards
Hopefully soon mtpsk... Glad that you got the documents over... Writting to bbc watchdog will be a good idea... as it may drum up some attention

Nothing for me today starting to wonder if they will ever get back to me :(

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:26 pm

Panda_0077 wrote:
mtpsk wrote:
Panda_0077 wrote:

Regards
@mtpsk, you are absolutely right, my passport and documents arrived today (1hr ago)! I am truly lucky that my MP stepped in, because I just checked my ILR approval letter and the envelope, its being sent out from Liverpool! And I applied in person, premium service in Croydon!
Congrats Panda, The wait is over for you :)

kadirSa
Newly Registered

applied at 22/03/2012, and deferred for a letter

Post by kadirSa » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:59 pm

I have applied on 22/03/12 and caseworker deferred my application. I read someone's post and was mentioning about document request letter containing address of Croydon peo and saying that applications are hold at Croydon not Liverpool, but the letter my caseworker gave to me was showing Liverpool address and he said all applications are sent to Liverpool.

I have sent the document they have requested to Liverpool.

Is that mean that I have sent the letter they have requested to wrong peo.

Please help because my visa is expring 26 april.

Also the document request letter did not have any case ID or reference number. ( I have called Home Office but they have said they cannot provide any information about applications less than six months. Even giving the case number)

I do not know what to do

And I am panicing now.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:14 am

If the caseworker told you your application has been sent to Liverpool then this is where it has been sent. There is a difference between applications that have been deferred because of technical problems with the biometric system and those that are deferred because the case is too complex for a same day decision or further evidence is requested-and yours appears to fall into the latter category.