ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abz120
Newly Registered

further checks

Post by abz120 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:11 am

Bash1oo,
Yes, your case and mine is pretty much the same the way UKBA treated us. I can't reliably say that the application would be identical. Though it is a straight forward case (HSMP+Tier1) under single employer there are dependent applications which is a bit complicated.

Elder son had only spend 3 years here and under my support (living with us) going to the Univ. So legally he should be given ILR but I think they will need to consult the so called chief/senior.

But given that the case worker did look at the case on the day of PEO and said everything is fine I am thinking what is holding up the application. I am assuming they got the Biometrics results back and it's after that they had sent the letter of further checks.

abz120
Newly Registered

Further checks

Post by abz120 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:13 am

mohanchhapadia,
Could you please tell us whom you wrote to and how you contacted them. Did you ever get a response. I am thinking all the letter/calls would have make now diff and they just took their own sweet time.

mohanchhapadia
Newly Registered

Re: Further checks

Post by mohanchhapadia » Thu May 17, 2012 10:25 am

abz120 wrote:mohanchhapadia,
Could you please tell us whom you wrote to and how you contacted them. Did you ever get a response. I am thinking all the letter/calls would have make now diff and they just took their own sweet time.

abz120,
you are right, they never responded to any of my letter and took their own time. the first time I heard back is today saying your ILR is approved.

they requested more info regarding my absence on the first instance with in 14 days, to which I wrote to them that it would take longer time as my ex-employer was not too quick. which I never heard back from them.

then forwarded the employer letter followed by another chase up letter last week only.

Good luck with yours and hope you get it soon too.

Patelberg
Newly Registered

Post by Patelberg » Thu May 17, 2012 12:41 pm

My timeline:

Date of appointment: 18th April.

Absence from UK: over 300 days. (over 250 holidays, the remainder work related, none over 90 days, had letter from work outlining work days out of country)

Asked to get a letter from my employer confirming amount of extra shift leave given, why specifically i had to go overseas, etc

Letter sent: 23rd April (Medical certificate, Employment contract etc)
No reply so sent a further clarification letter of days calculation sent 10th May (I had previously counted each night out of country rather than only complete days out of country)

Still waiting .....

steve_dexter
Newly Registered

Post by steve_dexter » Thu May 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader for quite a long time and reading people's suggestions and experiences with HO. So, I though it's a pay time now and I should better get my fingers moving and write my experience.
I was on HSMP + Tier 1 and everything was straight and simple apart from the fact that I overstayed (102 days) in India in one single trip due to my grandmother's illness. I also extended my air tickets twice, which I kept the copies (god knows what i had in mind that i kept the copies of those air tickets) but it was worth it.
I applied for ILR at Croydon on 12th April, after 5-6 hrs wait they informed me that they are unable to process my application fully as you were overstayed by 102 days and i have to consult my senior case worker. I explained her the reason for my overstay and the fact that I have provided my air tickets as an evidence as well. She came bak after 15mins and informed me that I need to provide my grandmother's medical certificate within 14days.
I posted the certificate on 17th April and 18th April it was with HO. From that time my stressful time started. We've been waiting, waiting and waiting with so much stress and sleepless nights. But, finally on 15th May I recvd a call from HO saying that my ILR is approved and I can collect my passport tomorrow. I rushed to Croydon, got my pasport and there in the letter given with the passport stated that my BRP will be reached in 7-10 working days. But surprisingly, it was here today.
I wish all the best and good luck to all my fellow readers who are waiting for their ILR and hope everybody waiting will get their result very soon.

Thanks.

waitin
Newly Registered

Post by waitin » Thu May 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Applied for SET(O) on 8th May at Croydon and was told that I needed to provide extra document from my accountant confirming he's registered with FCCA. I collected the required document from my accountant and sent it in on the same day. When I got back home I sent another letter requesting for urgent attention to my application as my husband is due to start a new job in the next couple of weeks and his new work place needs to verify that he can stay and work in the UK. HO kept our passports. I haven't heard back from HO yet. Life is at a stand-still at the moment until we know the outcome. It's very frustrating and stressful. I know others have waited much longer than I which means HO is very slow at processing applications.

Ish
Newly Registered

Post by Ish » Mon May 21, 2012 3:14 am

waitin wrote:Applied for SET(O) on 8th May at Croydon and was told that I needed to provide extra document from my accountant confirming he's registered with FCCA. I collected the required document from my accountant and sent it in on the same day. When I got back home I sent another letter requesting for urgent attention to my application as my husband is due to start a new job in the next couple of weeks and his new work place needs to verify that he can stay and work in the UK. HO kept our passports. I haven't heard back from HO yet. Life is at a stand-still at the moment until we know the outcome. It's very frustrating and stressful. I know others have waited much longer than I which means HO is very slow at processing applications.
Need your help. May I know to which address did you send your additional documents?  I have applied for ILR in croydon PEO, when I checked with home office they said my visa is in process at sheffield and they have sent a letter to me 10 days back requesting for additional doc. I have not received any letter from them till now, And I am not sure where to send the additional docs. Could you please tell me to which address did you send your documents?

naeed

Post by naeed » Mon May 21, 2012 7:02 am

Ish wrote:
waitin wrote:Applied for SET(O) on 8th May at Croydon and was told that I needed to provide extra document from my accountant confirming he's registered with FCCA. I collected the required document from my accountant and sent it in on the same day. When I got back home I sent another letter requesting for urgent attention to my application as my husband is due to start a new job in the next couple of weeks and his new work place needs to verify that he can stay and work in the UK. HO kept our passports. I haven't heard back from HO yet. Life is at a stand-still at the moment until we know the outcome. It's very frustrating and stressful. I know others have waited much longer than I which means HO is very slow at processing applications.
Need your help. May I know to which address did you send your additional documents?  I have applied for ILR in croydon PEO, when I checked with home office they said my visa is in process at sheffield and they have sent a letter to me 10 days back requesting for additional doc. I have not received any letter from them till now, And I am not sure where to send the additional docs. Could you please tell me to which address did you send your documents?
Hi
which date did u apply?
Thanks

Ish
Newly Registered

Post by Ish » Mon May 21, 2012 7:38 am

naeed wrote:
Ish wrote:
Hi
which date did u apply?
Thanks
25 apr 2012

Ish
Newly Registered

Post by Ish » Mon May 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi ,

Could anyone help me with the Sheffield address please.

If you have previously sent any ILR additional document to Sheffield please send the address

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Mon May 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Do a google search for Sheffield PEO. I would however recommend to wait for the letter to see what documents have been requested and what address are they supposed to be sent to?
Ish wrote:Hi ,

Could anyone help me with the Sheffield address please.

If you have previously sent any ILR additional document to Sheffield please send the address

waitin
Newly Registered

Post by waitin » Mon May 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Ish wrote:
The letter should say where to send the additional docs to. I was given the letter at Croydon and I asked the case worker which address and she pointed to the one at the top right hand corner. In my case it was for the attention of the senior case worker at Croydon.

Ish
Newly Registered

Post by Ish » Tue May 22, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks for your reply.

Its almost 17 days now, I have not received any letter. But I did respond to them with additional documents. I sent a copy to liverpool, sheffield & croydon. As my case is processed in Sheffield I am not sure about which sheffield address should I send.

The below is where i sent but not sure this is the right place.
Vulcan House
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU

mfb123
Newly Registered

27-04-12 PEO Croydon - Letter Further Enquiries Given

Post by mfb123 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi All,

Just to update you guys - I received a call today from UKBA that my application for ILR has been approved so I can come and collect my documents or documents can be sent to home but I opted to collect myself.

BRP will receive in 7 working days -

PEO applied 27-04-12 but given a letter need Further Enquiries (I dont know if they have made any enquiries)
ILR approved and collected - 23-05-12

Good Luck to everyone else who are in same situation.

jaskiratbaweja

Re: 27-04-12 PEO Croydon - Letter Further Enquiries Given

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Wed May 23, 2012 6:15 pm

Congrats mfb123.

mfb123 wrote:Hi All,

Just to update you guys - I received a call today from UKBA that my application for ILR has been approved so I can come and collect my documents or documents can be sent to home but I opted to collect myself.

PEO applied 27-04-12 but given a letter need Further Enquiries (I dont know if they have made any enquiries)

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Thu May 24, 2012 7:53 am

Congrats mfb123, you are now off the hook.

mfb123
Newly Registered

Post by mfb123 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:29 am

Thanks Guys - Good Luck to you All.

feigoronin

Re: 27-04-12 PEO Croydon - Letter Further Enquiries Given

Post by feigoronin » Thu May 24, 2012 10:25 am

mfb123 wrote:Hi All,

Congrats! mfb123. Some good news to cheer.

mfb123
Newly Registered

Post by mfb123 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks.

cheemsa
Newly Registered

Post by cheemsa » Thu May 24, 2012 7:35 pm

I applied for ILR (same day service) on 28 mar 2012 at croyden office. I was asked to provide letter from my employer stating my absences from UK were for work purposes. I submitted letter on Apr 4 which reached home office on apr 5. I am still waiting for HO decision. My local MPs office also called HO twice requesting for expedited decision on my case as I had to travel urgently for business purposes. HO did not expedite the application. Has anyone else experienced similar situation? Is there a number where I can call to check status of my ILR application filed. I will appreciate any advice regarding this matter.

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Fri May 25, 2012 11:40 am

No way to get a status update. You have to wait...I am sure if the letter sent by your employer addresses in detail what the Home Office asked for, you will be fine.

Just a matter of patience. I have gone through this and can understand your frustration.

Hope you hear back with the good news soon.
cheemsa wrote:I applied for ILR (same day service) on 28 mar 2012 at croyden office. I was asked to provide letter from my employer stating my absences from UK were for work purposes. I submitted letter on Apr 4 which reached home office on apr 5. I am still waiting for HO decision. My local MPs office also called HO twice requesting for expedited decision on my case as I had to travel urgently for business purposes. HO did not expedite the application. Has anyone else experienced similar situation? Is there a number where I can call to check status of my ILR application filed. I will appreciate any advice regarding this matter.

cheemsa
Newly Registered

Post by cheemsa » Sun May 27, 2012 12:55 am

Thank you "jaskiratbaweja" for your response. I understand that your wait for ILR was only for a few weeks. In my case it has been almost 2 months now. Does anyone else experienced such long delay in same day ILR application where HO asked for additional documents. I will appreciate response.

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Sun May 27, 2012 10:40 pm

You can try calling them and all they will is that whether you have been waiting for more than six months or not? If not then they will say that they cannot tell you anything about it.

if you have an urgent need for travel, send them a letter by post explaining your need to travel and a polite request to expedite your application.
cheemsa wrote:Thank you "jaskiratbaweja" for your response. I understand that your wait for ILR was only for a few weeks. In my case it has been almost 2 months now. Does anyone else experienced such long delay in same day ILR application where HO asked for additional documents. I will appreciate response.

yquestion26
Newly Registered

Post by yquestion26 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:57 am

Hi cheemsa,

I think there are 100's of posts where the general pattern is similar to your situation.

From my experience I applied for ILR from WP (5yrs) on 17th April, and received the dreaded "Further documents required" to clarify my sponsor company being acquired by a parent company.

(UKBA phone enquiry and two immigration law firms said no TCE form was required).

PEO Croydon received my further documents on the 19th April and I haven't heard anything further (As at 28th May).

Searching the 100's of posts on this forum I've:
-Contacted my MP
-Sent emails to 3 separate UKBA email addresses
-My caseworker "promised" to my face my application would be flagged as "Urgent" due to the fact I needed to travel with work and to quote said "Just get the documents to me ASAP and I promise I'll process within a few days for you and get you your passport back"
-Phone calls to UKBA

Unfortunately I think there is a rigid process that needs to be followed, no doubt every case is different and no doubt there is a backlog due to IT issues at Croydon, understaffing, general work ethic (Though this could never be proven unless you worked there).

So I'm afraid like all of us its a waiting game :(

What I would absolutely give my right arm for is to get some thoughts from someone who actually works in a PEO OR has done in the past to give us some insight into how the operation works and answer why things take so long as we all sit here speculating.

tar123zan
Newly Registered

Applied in 24 Jan

Post by tar123zan » Tue May 29, 2012 6:30 am

Hi, I applied for ILR personally in Croydon in 24 January 2012 as a spouse. Although PEO were satisfied that we are living together, they asked me to post further address showing documents. In a few days time, I posted what they asked but since then I am waiting for a decision. It's been more than 4 months now. I called twice, they only told me that they received supporting documents and I should wait and I shouldn't contact unless 6 months has passed.