ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence more than 180 days out of UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fashaikh79
Newly Registered

Absence more than 180 days out of UK

Post by fashaikh79 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Next month I am applying for ILR and I just checked new form which was released on 29th of Feb 2012 regarding the continuous stay in the UK.
Number of Absences (Paid Annual Leave) = 125

unpaid stay out of country= 79 continuous days. (during this period I was unemployed and it was my first year of HSMP I went to see my family and to attend wedding ceremony of close relatives and family friends.
would it cause any problem and do I have to give any evidence (if yes than what kind of evidence i have to send with application as it was family visit.

I got permanent job in next year and after that my all visits are covered by annual paid leave.

I would appreciate a quick response.

jaskiratbaweja

Re: Absence more than 180 days out of UK

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:01 pm

fashaikh79 wrote:Next month I am applying for ILR and I just checked new form which was released on 29th of Feb 2012 regarding the continuous stay in the UK.
Number of Absences (Paid Annual Leave) = 125

unpaid stay out of country= 79 continuous days. (during this period I was unemployed and it was my first year of HSMP I went to see my family and to attend wedding ceremony of close relatives and family friends.
would it cause any problem and do I have to give any evidence (if yes than what kind of evidence i have to send with application as it was family visit.

I got permanent job in next year and after that my all visits are covered by annual paid leave.

I would appreciate a quick response.
My ILR was approved with 179 Total Personal Absences (117 paid + 62 unpaid) and 216 Business related absences.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=96401

You have to be upfront and honest and provide thorough documentation. Since you are not grossly over 180, there are chances UKBA might be ok with that.