ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about EEA application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FionaJ
Newly Registered

Question about EEA application

Post by FionaJ » Tue May 08, 2012 5:51 am

Hi everyone ! I was wondering If I could apply for EEA visa If my EU husband is a student. What documents should we provide in this case, If he is living from hes savings and sometimes gets money from grandparents. Thank you in advance

Post by 791898 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:12 am

yes, you can marry him and get eea visa. you need to say on your application that he is a student.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Question about EEA application

Post by ca.funke » Tue May 08, 2012 9:24 am

Hi FionaJ,

what are both your nationalities?

Do you want to visit the UK, or stay there permanently?

Basically, I suggest reading >>read before you post<< and specifying your question.

Rgds, Christian
Last edited by ca.funke on Wed May 09, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 08, 2012 7:31 pm

791898 wrote:yes, you can marry him
Did the person not imply they were already married?

FionaJ
Newly Registered

Re: Question about EEA application

Post by FionaJ » Thu May 10, 2012 2:24 am

ca.funke wrote:Hi FionaJ,

what are both your nationalities?

Do you want to visit the UK, or stay there permanently?

Basically, I suggest reading >>read before you post<< and specifying your question.

Rgds, Christian
Thanks for the reply everyone, I'm Vietnamese and he is Lithuanian (EU) , I intend to stay in UK permanently. And yes, I have read rules before posting this question. We are married, I thought the only problem was that he is still a student and can't support me financially yet. So basically, we don't have to provide any payslips,bank statements and etc. ? I mean .. we have to somehow prove them that we have money to live there,even if he is a student. Thank you all in advance

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 10, 2012 5:07 am

I suggest you read this - EUN2.4 What are the requirements for issuing an EEA family permit? and the rest of that page.

Your financials are not a deciding factor in obtaining a EEA Family Permit. All that is needed is that you are EEA natioal and would like to move to the UK with your family member. That's it.

FionaJ
Newly Registered

Post by FionaJ » Thu May 10, 2012 7:30 am

Jambo wrote:I suggest you read this - EUN2.4 What are the requirements for issuing an EEA family permit? and the rest of that page.

Your financials are not a deciding factor in obtaining a EEA Family Permit. All that is needed is that you are EEA natioal and would like to move to the UK with your family member. That's it.
You are saying that I have to be EEA national ???:O So if I'm not,but I'm coming to live with EEA national is it still ok ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 10, 2012 7:43 am

Yes it is OK. Imagine that it is your husband (the EEA national) who is reading my previous post.

FionaJ
Newly Registered

Post by FionaJ » Thu May 17, 2012 7:01 am

Also I was wondering , whether they might be suspicious about our marriage. I'm only 19 and he is 21, we've been with each other since 8th grade,last month we got married. We're genuinely inlove and intend to live together, but how can we prove that it is a genuine marriage? We've only got 10 photos of us together. We have GSCE from same school ,can we include that? I've visited him for 3 weeks last year, also he was travelling back to EEA to visit me, but there are no utility bills or anything that people usually provide. Can you give me some advice on that?
Last edited by FionaJ on Sun May 20, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu May 17, 2012 7:15 am

Jambo wrote:I suggest you read this - EUN2.4 What are the requirements for issuing an EEA family permit? and the rest of that page.

Given that the op's husband has presumably been in the UK for more than 3 months she will need to provide evidence that he is exercising treaty rights though-which if he is a student will include evidence that he is financially self sufficient.

FionaJ
Newly Registered

Post by FionaJ » Thu May 17, 2012 7:44 am

Given that the op's husband has presumably been in the UK for more than 3 months she will need to provide evidence that he is exercising treaty rights though-which if he is a student will include evidence that he is financially self sufficient.[/quote]

Hence we should include hes bank statement. Is it enough? and how much money should he have? As a husband does he have to support me financially ? Thank you all in advance for helping me.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 17, 2012 9:37 am

It wasn't clear from your first post that your husband is already in the UK as a student. I just assumed you both are living abroad.

If he is in the UK then he needs to prove he is a "qualified person". For a student this means:

a) Proof of his studies.
b) Proof of private health insurance for him. This can also be a EHIC (Health card) from his home country.
c) A declaration made by him that he has sufficient resources not to become a burden on the social assistance system of the United Kingdom during his period of residence. There is no need to provide details of his finances or bank statements. A declaration is enough.

FionaJ
Newly Registered

Post by FionaJ » Sun May 20, 2012 6:54 am

Jambo wrote:It wasn't clear from your first post that your husband is already in the UK as a student. I just assumed you both are living abroad.

If he is in the UK then he needs to prove he is a "qualified person". For a student this means:

a) Proof of his studies.
b) Proof of private health insurance for him. This can also be a EHIC (Health card) from his home country.
c) A declaration made by him that he has sufficient resources not to become a burden on the social assistance system of the United Kingdom during his period of residence. There is no need to provide details of his finances or bank statements. A declaration is enough.
Thanks for your answer. really appreciate it. By the way, how much approximately should he have to prove that he won't become a burden on society ? He doesn't spend much on himself, so every month he gets from hes parents about 500-700 sterling.
Last edited by FionaJ on Sun May 20, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun May 20, 2012 7:15 am

There is no defined threshold to meet. They should assess each case on individual basis. As I said, students don't need to provide proof and declaration is enough.

FionaJ
Newly Registered

Post by FionaJ » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:55 pm

I'm a little bit confused there, I have been advised that since my husband is sponsored by his parents, we should provide all the financial situation of his parents (payslips, bank statement, etc.) Do we really should get that? And what do you mean by declaration ? Is it like a letter or some kind of official paper that should be confirmed somewhere..? I'm sorry for so many questions..

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:18 pm

For students the law says that a declaration of sufficient resources is all that's required to demonstrate that one meets the financial requirrements. Why don't you read the directive and the regulations and satisfy yourself.

FionaJ
Newly Registered

Post by FionaJ » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Because I don't get what by declaration they mean... Is it a letter written by a student or what?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:45 pm

FionaJ wrote:Because I don't get what by declaration they mean... Is it a letter written by a student
Pretty much. Students' financial resources will naturally vary through the course of there studies, hence the dispensation.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:46 pm

FionaJ
Newly Registered

Post by FionaJ » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:29 am

so here is my situation..
My husband's bank account is from Lithuania, so in order to get a bank statement, he have fly back to Lithuania. He can't travel right now. Is it fine if we print out bank statement online?

FionaJ
Newly Registered

Post by FionaJ » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 am

Also should we confirm copy of his passport in embassy by notary? or ID card is enough ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 am

FionaJ wrote:so here is my situation..
My husband's bank account is from Lithuania, so in order to get a bank statement, he have fly back to Lithuania. He can't travel right now. Is it fine if we print out bank statement online?
Why do think you need to submit bank statements? As he is a student, a declaration is enough. It doesn't need to be supported by other evidence.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:21 am

FionaJ wrote:Also should we confirm copy of his passport in embassy by notary? or ID card is enough ?
Normally a photocopy of the bio data of the passport is enough. That is also what is stated on the application form.

FionaJ
Newly Registered

Post by FionaJ » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:23 am

I have some more questions , I hope I'm not bothering you guys. My husband didn't apply for EHIC , when he was at his home country (Lithuania) . Now that he is in UK, and he is a student. Can he apply for EHIC there, in uk ?I heard he should have National Insurance number..

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:35 am

The EHIC should not be a UK one. He can get a private insurance from UK companies.