ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RC holder get a mortgage with EU husband?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Emc

RC holder get a mortgage with EU husband?

Post by Emc » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi, I realy would like to know if I will be able to get a mortgage with my RC card ? My husband is British, but I have EU family RC(Surinder Singh) and I am two years into my five years RC. We want to get a mortgage, but my husband's salary is not enough to get the right amount mortgage, if only I could be on the joint mortgage, then we could borrow more than enough. I know that high street banks only want ILR or EU passports as a proof of permanent right of residence. Does it mean we will have to wait till my five years are up and I get the permanent residence??? Did anyone have success in getting a mortgage recentley with RC?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Have you actually tried? You may find a lender that may help.

Please read the following:

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/sh ... dex_en.htm

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:15 am

It seems different lenders have different rules.

In this case, two year validity was required. In this case, RC was not enough for some of the mortgage products.

Bing

Re: RC holder get a mortgage with EU husband?

Post by Bing » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Emc wrote:Hi, I realy would like to know if I will be able to get a mortgage with my RC card ? My husband is British, but I have EU family RC(Surinder Singh) and I am two years into my five years RC. We want to get a mortgage, but my husband's salary is not enough to get the right amount mortgage, if only I could be on the joint mortgage, then we could borrow more than enough. I know that high street banks only want ILR or EU passports as a proof of permanent right of residence. Does it mean we will have to wait till my five years are up and I get the permanent residence??? Did anyone have success in getting a mortgage recentley with RC?
Which provider did you got? We had joint mortgage and it was no problem at all with my RC at the time.. We are with HSBC

Emc

Post by Emc » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:52 pm

thanx for reply, I have tried the high street banks like Barclays and Lloyds, but they only want ILR or EU passport, but will definately go and check out the whole market with a broker and HSBC too. Ta