ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting UK as spouse of EU National

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

noscirre1
Newly Registered

Visiting UK as spouse of EU National

Post by noscirre1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:13 am

I intend to invite my Mother and Father based in India over to the UK for 6 weeks this summer. I am a British National, whilst my Father possesses Portuguese nationality and hence is an EU Citizen. My mother is an Indian National. I am writing to enquire if she will qualify for an EEA Family Permit for this visit on the basis of my Father's Portuguese nationality. They will be travelling to the UK together.

I'm not sure if anyone has firsthand experience, but if you do, please could you let me know if she is required to visit the VFS centre in Mumbai, or will it be possible for her to make a postal application.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Visiting UK as spouse of EU National

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:38 pm

noscirre1 wrote:I intend to invite my Mother and Father based in India over to the UK for 6 weeks this summer. I am a British National, whilst my Father possesses Portuguese nationality and hence is an EU Citizen. My mother is an Indian National. I am writing to enquire if she will qualify for an EEA Family Permit for this visit on the basis of my Father's Portuguese nationality. They will be travelling to the UK together.
She certainly will qualify. You don't say in your post, but I assume that your parents are married (I've just added this for clarity as it will make the application much easier).

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Visiting UK as spouse of EU National

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:43 pm

noscirre1 wrote: I'm not sure if anyone has firsthand experience, but if you do, please could you let me know if she is required to visit the VFS centre in Mumbai, or will it be possible for her to make a postal application.
Where is your mum based? There are several Visa Application Centres in India, two in Mumbai.

She will not be able to make a postal application, but will need to attend in person.

The visa is FREE.