ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk id card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Punjab
BANNED

uk id card

Post by Punjab » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Guys didn't know where to put this thread but do you guys know if uk is planning to issue any id cards like other european member states have.

Many thanks

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: uk id card

Post by ca.funke » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi Punjab,

you can be sure that the UK does not plan anything like that in the near future, as they are >>just after cancelling a corresponding scheme<<.

Rgds, Christian

Punjab
BANNED

Re: uk id card

Post by Punjab » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:53 pm

ca.funke wrote:Hi Punjab,

you can be sure that the UK does not plan anything like that in the near future, as they are >>just after cancelling a corresponding scheme<<.

Rgds, Christian
Christian many thanks for your reply and i forgot to tell you that i got letter from belgium some months ago regarding the petition that family members having valid resident card should be allowed to travel visa free with ot without their family members in the eu.

since then i havent heard anything from them.

psuch2
Brazil

Post by psuch2 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:36 pm

By chance I was looking for something similar.
After receiving my RC should i apply for a "Biometric Residence Permit" a sort of ID for foreign nationals ?
No Matter How Long Winter Is, There's Always Spring Time Ahead

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:07 pm

psuch2 wrote:By chance I was looking for something similar.
After receiving my RC should i apply for a "Biometric Residence Permit" a sort of ID for foreign nationals ?
No.