ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Denmark driving license in UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

habibcs

Denmark driving license in UK

Post by habibcs » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:52 am

Hi,

I am bringing this from another topic
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 745#698745
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
habibcs wrote:Only photo card is the Driving License card, but one will not submit this for EEA1 or EEA2 because then the person either cannot drive the car both in London (UK) and Denmark.
EUsmileWEallsmile is right about asking for the passport back.

But on the topic of driver's licenses: For driving a car in Europe, there is no need to get a new driver's license in the UK. You can continue to drive with the Danish license in both the UK and in Denmark. You can own and register cars in both places.
Where is the confirmation for this: If I have a Denmark driving license then I can drive and own the car for any duration (more than 12 months) and without the need for UK driving license?
(Because I was searching and could not find it)

I personally have a UAE driving license but my EEA national spouse has a Denmark one. So I want to basically search for the driving license conditions in UK for both ones.

Thanks

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:36 am

Licences issued in the European Community and European Economic Area make up two groups that are treated equally. The full list is:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr ... DG_4022556