ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh route whilst pregnant

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:40 pm

xdaniix89 wrote:Ok, thanks :)

Anyone know if surinder singh EEA2 applications are likely to be processed any quicker than the normal eu national appliciations? I know theres no way of knowing how long they will take and have to be decided withing 6months and from reading other peoples experiences it seems to take 3-6months but was wondering if anyone had noticed SS applications moving a bit quicker now as they're more straight forward?
The short answer is that I don't know, but I imagine they would be treated within similar times to straight-forward cases.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 pm

xdaniix89 wrote:was wondering if anyone had noticed SS applications moving a bit quicker now as they're more straight forward?
more straight forward compared to what? A non-UK EEA national family member who produces a UK payslip as proof of exercising treaty right compared to a Surinder Singh application with documents from a different member state / different language ??

I believe most of the waiting time is due to backlog and not the complexity of the case (I would imagine that most EEA2 applications are straight forward).

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:28 am

Jambo wrote:
xdaniix89 wrote:was wondering if anyone had noticed SS applications moving a bit quicker now as they're more straight forward?
more straight forward compared to what? A non-UK EEA national family member who produces a UK payslip as proof of exercising treaty right compared to a Surinder Singh application with documents from a different member state / different language ??

I believe most of the waiting time is due to backlog and not the complexity of the case (I would imagine that most EEA2 applications are straight forward).
While there will be more complicated EEA-type applications. For workers, they are really simple and they take 3 -4 months.

As you said - backlog.

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:53 am

Oh ok, I see. I just thought that as your case has already been looked at once (family permit) that there wouldn't be many cases of refusal now you don't have to be exercising treaty rights in the UK. They'll be looking over a case that's already been looked at and decided within 15 days (possibly) but yeah back log makes sense.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:55 am

It's really pointless to speculate how fast an application will be. Nobody here seems to know how the UKBA actually organizes the process. Straightforwardness is a useless metric when your application needs to wait in a queue preceded with non-straightforward applications. Backlog is one obvious explanation, another is the checks (which may involve outside sources) the caseworker may want to carry out.

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:15 am

I know. I was more asking for other peoples experiences or if anyone had noticed on here the the SS cases were moving abit quicker now like a few issued within 3-4 months. There is a post for eea2 processing times but none seem to be SS. Although there is a 'queue' some people do seem to get there's alot quicker than others who too seem to have straight-forward cases.
Was just wondering really as we're not sure whether to apply as soon as we get to the UK and risk not being able to visit my husbands family for new years or wait till we get back and then apply and hope it comes before the baby arrives (alot of stress and want to be able to find our own place etc) which doesn't look likely if the average is still around 4 months.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:26 am

I suggest not to speculate on processing times. Whatever people here say, those are individual cases and you can't be sure that those are in any way representative for the overall process (as far as I am aware of there are ten thousands of applications each year).

I suppose you know that you can ask for the passports back? If the EEA FP is still valid until after your journey you should have no problem travelling.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:13 pm

xdaniix89 wrote:Yes they do! Can I ask one more question....My husband says he was told yesterday when enquiring about his Greek residency (he renews his permit every 2 years) that if he applies for long-term residency, 5 years, here in Greece he can go to the UK as a Greek national does? Is this true? I don;t believe it is, I could be wrong, but isn't residency just residency no matter how long it's for?
Your husband can get a EU law PR card in Greece after 5 years of living there with you. But it is only relevant if you remain in Greece or plan to return there soon. No harm in getting it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27885818/UK/FO ... 0Singh.pdf is another UKBA document on Eind and Singh

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:51 pm

sum1 wrote:(as far as I am aware of there are ten thousands of applications each year).
The numbers of applications are published in the national statistics if anyone's interested. (I'm not looking for a link at present).

xdaniix89

First trip to Uk

Post by xdaniix89 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Hello, Im afraid I have yet another question!
Just looking at possible flights. Would we have to enter the UK from an EEA country for the first time?
We would like to visit Albania first and then fly to the UK from there. Is this possible and would it be likely to cause any problems at Gatwick or does it not matter where you are flying from as long as we have the entry clearance and are together? Thanks x

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: First trip to Uk

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:11 pm

xdaniix89 wrote:Hello, Im afraid I have yet another question!
Just looking at possible flights. Would we have to enter the UK from an EEA country for the first time?
We would like to visit Albania first and then fly to the UK from there. Is this possible and would it be likely to cause any problems at Gatwick or does it not matter where you are flying from as long as we have the entry clearance and are together? Thanks x
Doesn't matter where you are coming from. You can use a one way ticket.

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Ok great thanks. I couldnt find anything online so thought Id check with you guys x

englishman9
Newly Registered

Post by englishman9 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Is this also the same for PR for non-EU partner in that all we need to supply is passports and prove of union to get PR residence card?

Will I be able to claim child benefit and child tax credits or would this be a problem when applying for PR?

englishman9
Newly Registered

Post by englishman9 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Has anyone received their PR card as a family member of UK national?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:36 pm

englishman9 wrote:Is this also the same for PR for non-EU partner in that all we need to supply is passports and prove of union to get PR residence card?
Check section 6 in form EEA4. it explains what evidence is required.
Will I be able to claim child benefit and child tax credits or would this be a problem when applying for PR?
Yes. As British you are allowed to claim benefits. This will have no impact on PR.

xdaniix89

Applied

Post by xdaniix89 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:04 pm

My husband submitted the application and biometrics etc on the 5th Nov in Athens so now we just wait! It is forwarded to Belgrade to be dealt with - annoying we have to go to Athens at all as we live on the most southern Island but there's no Embassy here and of course we couldn't go to the consulate just down the road that would be too easy!
It's been 6 working days so far.
We feel pretty confident about it, there's no obvious reason for them to refuse it, we've followed all the rules and submitted everything so fingers crossed! Hope to be in UK by the end of the month :)

Will keep this post updated for anyone else in a similar situation and/or applying from Greece x

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 pm

had a call from the embassy today to say its ready for pick up but of course they cant tell us if it's been approved or not. They didn't call till the evening though so will know when we collect it Monday!!!

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:50 am

My husband picked up his passport yesterday and the family permit has been approved! :D Thanks for all the help on here.

They didnt send back ANY documents though. We supplied translations and copies and asked for them back but they kept it all. Is this normal? Will it be a problem when we come to apply for the RC? We have copies of everything but is that enough?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:22 am

They should return originals. If it is just copies (and you have the originals), then it's not an issue.

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:33 am

They kept all originals including marriage certificate. My work documents from employer and tax office. Son's certified birth certificate...should we complain/request them back. I even wrote on the cover letter along the lines of : ''Please find enclosed copies of originals and translations, please may we have the originals returned to us as we will need them at a later date.''

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:41 am

Ask for them to be returned. You will need the same documents for the 5 years Residence Card application in the UK and for PR Confirmation (after 5 years) as for Surinder Signh applications it is the activities in the member state and not in the UK that matter.

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:49 am

Thanks, that's what I thought. Will get on to them!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Jambo wrote:Ask for them to be returned. You will need the same documents for the 5 years Residence Card application in the UK and for PR Confirmation (after 5 years) as for Surinder Signh applications it is the activities in the member state and not in the UK that matter.
If they do not return them, then simply state in your RC application that UKBA already has them on file as part of the EEA FP application, and that they can refer to them if needed. In some ways the EEA FP is proof that you have presented that evidence already to UKBA, since if you had not then the FP would not have been issued.

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Thanks, that's a good point.