Page 1 of 1


Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:41 pm
by biggybountz
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and I completely appreciate the advices people have been giving on here.

Please will be making my EEA2 application soon and I am confused and have no idea on the documents to show in order to prove relationship, we have marraige certificate and passports, with bank statement but no bills, can someone please advise me on how to go about this and suggest documents that i can submit to further prove my relationship with my wife and to show that we have been living together.

Please advise on things to submit to HO, also you can give examples of docs u used to apply in your own case thanks!

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 pm
by mcovet
ok, unless you have an adverse immigration history and the marriage followed a recent visa refusal etc. all you have to submit is the following:

1. your EEA national's ID/passport;
2. proof of her exercising treaty rights (letter from employer, 3 recent payslips, contract of employment etc.) (if not a worker you must also provide sickness insurance for both of you);
3. marriage certificate (if not in English, then a certified translation);
4. your passport

That's ALL, no need for extra proof of marriage as that proof does not mean much, can be easily forged etc. (watch the rubbish with gerard depardieu "Green card" and the scene with photos). If they doubt your relationship is genuine, it is FOR THEM to prove it. If you married in the UK, the registrar had a chance to spot a marriage of convenience and would have reported you.

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:22 pm
by biggybountz
Thanks MCovet

Thanks so much, how about utility bill people talk about, the problem now is i can't provide that cause rent is bills inclusive, there is no way i can get the apartment's utility bill you see


EEA2 - What documents!?!?

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:39 pm
by benavery
What documents would be needed if you are unmarried but have lived together for 2+ years?