ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i remarry after divorced EU citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hayshmysh
Newly Registered

Can i remarry after divorced EU citizen

Post by hayshmysh » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:35 pm

hey guys i am really confused and need your help please.

i got married October lats year to EEA ,n i was granted RC EEA2 on Februray this year , but i got divorce september i didnt inform HO or anything , now i know a british citizen can we marry ? if so ! wht i should apply for ?

please guys help !!!

jimkam

Re: Can i remarry after divorced EU citizen

Post by jimkam » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:08 pm

hayshmysh wrote:hey guys i am really confused and need your help please.

i got married October lats year to EEA ,n i was granted RC EEA2 on Februray this year , but i got divorce september i didnt inform HO or anything , now i know a british citizen can we marry ? if so ! wht i should apply for ?

please guys help !!!
I think you would need to apply to retain the right of residency. How many years did you get when you married the EEA citizen? If I'm wrong I'm sure the gurus on this forum will correct me but I'm pretty sure that's what you need to do first.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 pm

You have to have been married for three years to retain a right of residence in the UK as far as I am aware.

How did you manage to get divorced in less than a year after marriage? Did you divorce in the UK?

hayshmysh
Newly Registered

Post by hayshmysh » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:02 pm

PaperPusher wrote:You have to have been married for three years to retain a right of residence in the UK as far as I am aware.

How did you manage to get divorced in less than a year after marriage? Did you divorce in the UK?

hey guys , i am not qualify for ROR , no i divorce out of uK