ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences on Requesting Passports back from UKBA (EEA2)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yogsmith
- thin ice -

Post by yogsmith » Wed May 29, 2013 9:55 am

I requested passport back on 8 April 2013 via email but nothing come till 20 working days again sent request on 5 May 2013, Later I received call from UKBA on 7 May 2013. A women on call said, she want to apologise for delay and she will send my passport by next day delivery. Then I received my passport on 9th May by next day delivery post.

miryferny
Sri Lanka

Post by miryferny » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:15 am

Hi guys how are nowdays requests are going on? I sent my first pp return email last friday..still nothing..any suggestions??
Thnx
EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 25/04/13
Received by UKBA: 26/04/13
COA (with right to work): 02/05/13
PP return request: 31/05/13
PP returned : 07/06/13
EEA1 & EEA2 : 22/06/13 (issued 17/06/13)

randomuser
Newly Registered

Post by randomuser » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:31 am

We've been waiting since mid April!

Emailed them on all the various complaint email addresses, my MP sent them a letter... nothing. no reply from UKBA so far.

totally
Newly Registered

Post by totally » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Sorry to hear that guys. I emailed the return request form to both addresses about 3 days after I submited my application and received their automatic reply. After two weeks of hearing nothing, I sent another form to both accounts and got a reply from the ROD one saying it'll be posted back. So I guess I have been quite lucky, it took me 3 weeks to get the passport back and 3 months to get the card. I've got a letter saying team 1 was dealing with my case. Fingers crossed for all you guys.

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:02 pm

totally wrote:Sorry to hear that guys. I emailed the return request form to both addresses about 3 days after I submited my application and received their automatic reply. After two weeks of hearing nothing, I sent another form to both accounts and got a reply from the ROD one saying it'll be posted back. So I guess I have been quite lucky, it took me 3 weeks to get the passport back and 3 months to get the card. I've got a letter saying team 1 was dealing with my case. Fingers crossed for all you guys.
Requested for passport return on Tuesday,and I got it today..

I sent an email (with the return of document form attached) to the following email addresses:

RODRequests@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk
RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
EREC@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Read this for all you need to know about request for passport return:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

randomuser
Newly Registered

Post by randomuser » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:05 am

we are still waiting... I sent again emails to all the above list of emails... our MP has not heard back from the Home office... deafening silence! Its been since March that we submitted the application and the COA is from the beginning of April... Nearly 3 months that the UKBA/Home Office have not even had the courtesy to reply to us!

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:15 am

randomuser wrote:we are still waiting... I sent again emails to all the above list of emails... our MP has not heard back from the Home office... deafening silence! Its been since March that we submitted the application and the COA is from the beginning of April... Nearly 3 months that the UKBA/Home Office have not even had the courtesy to reply to us!
Send emails (with the RoD form attached) to the following people,asking them to forward it to the department in charge:

xxxxx
Good luck

randomuser
Newly Registered

Post by randomuser » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:48 am

Hi Babz.

thanks for that. I just did that (note that thexxxx email address doesn't work).

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:53 am

randomuser wrote:Hi Babz.

thanks for that. I just did that (note that the sara rapson email address doesn't work).
Ok...best of luck

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:51 pm

randomuser wrote:we are still waiting... I sent again emails to all the above list of emails... our MP has not heard back from the Home office... deafening silence! Its been since March that we submitted the application and the COA is from the beginning of April... Nearly 3 months that the UKBA/Home Office have not even had the courtesy to reply to us!
If i was you,I'll send the email every Monday. By doing that they'll know how serious you are in getting your passport back.

CPaes
Newly Registered

Return of documents form

Post by CPaes » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:54 pm

flipper77 wrote:Hi Erik84,

You'll find the form on this page: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/.

I'm still not clear on whether the form is required it not, but it can't hurt!

Hi flipper, i have read all the posts and have tried all the links to get the form but it does not open. Is there any other way? Could you send me it by email?

wanyu1229
Newly Registered

New online form for ROD request

Post by wanyu1229 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:45 pm

Now they introduce a new online form for ROD request since 20 August, and claimed that it will take up to 10 days for the EEA national applications:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

I submitted a word form on 6 August and now 20 days have past and still nothing from them.

I just sent another request and emailed my complaint to all possible addresses I could find on this forum.

Wish me luck... :(

merenneitto
Newly Registered

Post by merenneitto » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I am also having a problem with the return of the passports....
I first requested both my passports and my husband's (he is the EEA national) on August 5. Over 20 work days have passed and still nothing... On their website you can check the status of the request, I checked, and all it said was "Your request was successfully received". Ridiculous. Today I was supposed to go on a business trip and I had to cancel!
I re-requested my passport back yesterday via the new online form, but thos time I haven't even received the confirmation e-mail as they promised!
Please help, I feel imprisoned!

wanyu1229
Newly Registered

Post by wanyu1229 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:47 pm

merenneitto, same problem here.

I requested the passport back on the same day as you did. I called yesterday (you can find the 015 number in the sticky notes) and a woman told me there is nothing she could do as she had no contact with the liverpool office (Ridiculous!) She did send an email for me but I doubt it would help.

I also sent an email to all possible email address I could find on this forum out of desperation. ..

What else can we do? I suggest you call them and make a serious complaint.

merenneitto
Newly Registered

Post by merenneitto » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:20 am

wanyu1229 wrote:merenneitto, same problem here.

I requested the passport back on the same day as you did. I called yesterday (you can find the 015 number in the sticky notes) and a woman told me there is nothing she could do as she had no contact with the liverpool office (Ridiculous!) She did send an email for me but I doubt it would help.

I also sent an email to all possible email address I could find on this forum out of desperation. ..

What else can we do? I suggest you call them and make a serious complaint.
Thank you for your reply. Good luck to us! I will keep you updated on my case...

merenneitto
Newly Registered

Post by merenneitto » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:35 am

So, I wrote e-mails to all the e-mail addresses I found on this thread and here is an update: the following e-mails seem not be in use anymore:
Rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Sarah.Rapson@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

wanyu1229
Newly Registered

Post by wanyu1229 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:49 pm

Called them today the second time and got a tracking number! Hopefully they will dispatch it soon.

merenneitto, call this number: 01516725626

option 1 and then 2

Good luck!

merenneitto
Newly Registered

Post by merenneitto » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:43 pm

wanyu1229,

thank you for the information and happy for you, hope you get yours soon!
Just called them, the wait was not too bad, about 15 mins, but what they said was not very encouraging. They said I might fax the details of travel on 08703369405, but there is no guarantee.
I said I had requested my passport over 20 days ago, but I was told they were extremely busy in the summer and there is not much they can do.... They promised to e-mail the appropriate department though. Hopefully it will work as I have another business trip next week! Fingers crossed...

wanyu1229
Newly Registered

Post by wanyu1229 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:33 pm

MY first call was on Monday (when the system still showed nothing), and I thought it was useless. But the second call today confirmed it's done. So keep chasing them! It's really a disgrace they're this inefficient.

Have you written to demand some compensation for your first trip? I think you should, given that your first request was more than 20 days ago! Perhaps you won't really get anything but I do think we need to raise their attention on the poor service they are providing.

Best of luck.

Thetruth007hmm
Newly Registered

Post by Thetruth007hmm » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Hello Sheraz7(GURU) and Directive /2004 Need Help please.
b]Hello Fighters!

I am just New here and would love to share my story so that could get help.

I am married 3 years now with A Romanian National who initially had work permit visa. He only worked for the company few weeks and had work problem and got sacked. After 3 years He applied for job for the same Company.With a surprise, they agreed to hire her again(am sure she is potential). As her work permit with states that, she should work for this company only and it doesnt state the expiring date of it.

1. Should i use this work permit as a proof that she is exercising treaty right and apply for EEA2? Please Note that Romanian and Bulgarian are treated differently with other EU Nationals till ! january when limitation ends.

2. Was she supposed to apply for another work permit(for me i dont think it is necessary as she working for the same company that applied for work permit before to work for this company. And like i said it does not state expiring date. Help Please i need answers before i send my Application.

3. Her new Contract of employment with the same employer, is different as she has new contract now with different date with her work permit issued 3 years ago. Would this raise questions?

GURU and Directive/2004 and others. Help me on this Please as I have till November to send my EEA2 resident application. Note That I am None EEA
[/b]

atisob
Newly Registered

Post by atisob » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:52 pm

My husband got his passport back in just a few days

He requested his passport on 16 august and received it on 21 august

merenneitto
Newly Registered

Post by merenneitto » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:55 pm

wanyu1229 wrote:MY first call was on Monday (when the system still showed nothing), and I thought it was useless. But the second call today confirmed it's done. So keep chasing them! It's really a disgrace they're this inefficient.

Have you written to demand some compensation for your first trip? I think you should, given that your first request was more than 20 days ago! Perhaps you won't really get anything but I do think we need to raise their attention on the poor service they are providing.

Best of luck.
Thank you.
As for the compensation, good point, but they do ask not to book any trips before we get the passport back as they do not guarantee anything, thus disengaging themselves from any responsibility...
Anyways, I will keep chasing them. Thanks a lot for your help!
Good luck to you as well wanyu1229!

wanyu1229
Newly Registered

Post by wanyu1229 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:07 pm

merenneitto wrote:
wanyu1229 wrote:MY first call was on Monday (when the system still showed nothing), and I thought it was useless. But the second call today confirmed it's done. So keep chasing them! It's really a disgrace they're this inefficient.

Best of luck.
Thank you.
As for the compensation, good point, but they do ask not to book any trips before we get the passport back as they do not guarantee anything, thus disengaging themselves from any responsibility...
Anyways, I will keep chasing them. Thanks a lot for your help!
Good luck to you as well wanyu1229!

Thanks, got the passports back today (no RC), with the special delivery envelope I sent them. Keep us posted on your progress as well. Best of luck.

merenneitto
Newly Registered

Post by merenneitto » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:35 pm

wanyu1229, congrats!
I wish it was so quick for me...but no good news yet unfortunately. I called them on Wednesday: they were polite, gave me the fax number to send them the trip details and even suggested sending an e-mail to that department (not sure if they did though). I called them again yesterday, and they were rude and said they could not help with anything suggesting that I should just wait.... I am getting all desperate....
I need my passport urgently, this situation is causing me troubles at work which I just started...

I am starting to think what or who could have an influence on them as the situation could not be more ridiculous: I have the rights, but I cannot use them!!! European court? Any other authority? If anyone has ideas, please share.
I am supposed to get my passport in 10 days, and it's been already 25 and counting!

merenneitto
Newly Registered

Post by merenneitto » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:38 pm

I found a petitionon on the topic, those who are not indifferent can sign here: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/37916