ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitted applications EEA1 & EEA2 without cover letter!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

biggybountz

Submitted applications EEA1 & EEA2 without cover letter!

Post by biggybountz » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Hello People, I sent out applications for EEA1 and EEA2 today, and it has just occurred to me that I should have written a covering letter alongside the application, instead of just filling out the application forms and throwing it at them with the documents. Now this is making me really Panic, please could absence of a cover letter affect my applications in any ways?

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Why would you need a cover letter? There is no need for one. What were you thinking on adding there? All the necessary information is in the form (which on itself is not even mandatory to submit).

Relax and enjoy the long weekend.

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:55 pm

@Jambo

Thanks Mate, wasn't really thinking to add anything on the letter, was just thinking a coverletter would have made it more official and ofcourse would have shown who ever opens the application my intentions, and also just thought i could have listed my supporting documents in the letter...

Well u know how it is with the mind, my mind keeps wondering about thinking "have i done and put everything right"... Just anxiety to be honest, for instance now I am thinking I shoudn't have put marriage pix and other pix as it was not mandatory...lol :(

Thanks alot for your response, relaxedme a lil bit now

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Submitted applications EEA1 & EEA2 without cover let

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:56 pm

biggybountz wrote:please could absence of a cover letter affect my applications in any ways?
No, it will not affect the application. (Personally, I like covering letters as they can assist the applicant to organise their application).

If you have provided the required evidence, you will be fine.

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:59 pm

@EUsmileWEallsmile

Thanks alot for your response, and yeah I agree with your point, a good introductory letter could summarize ones intents...true!

Cheers!

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Why would you need a cover letter?
At the very least to be polite.

Dear Sir,

Please find enclosed...

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:43 pm

@keffers
Yes you have a point...I do regret it to be honest, it is just one of those things that could happen when one have to think and think to put the applications together....too bad of me..

Cheers!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:32 pm

keffers wrote:
Why would you need a cover letter?
At the very least to be polite.

Dear Sir,

Please find enclosed...
...and if one were to send one, it would not require much more to say...

Yours faithfully,

etc, etc

The more I think of it, the more I like them...but, if one hasn't, it won't count against one.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:35 pm

I couldn't agree more! I've always included a cover letter with any application; usually very similar to keffers' template. Sometimes mentioning special circumstances such as travel plans for the near future, or explicitly indicating which documents I would like to have returned immediately c.q. as soon as possible.
It is just a way of giving a good impression, and showing that you are well-organised and know what you're talking about.