ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

interview call

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mian

interview call

Post by mian » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:51 pm

hi guys
im bit worried, i applied for EEA2 , today i recevied a letter from UKBA they call us for interview in liverpool, and they mention on letter that 4 hours required for the interview,
so i dont konw what to do , what type of question they gonna asked, can any one help ...even i attached our merriege certificate then why they call for interview,

my time line
applied on 13 Dec 2012
Recveived 14 Dec 2012
COA Received 6 Jan 2013 with right of work

and today i received interview call

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Re: interview call

Post by Pablito » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:16 pm

mian wrote:hi guys
im bit worried, i applied for EEA2 , today i recevied a letter from UKBA they call us for interview in liverpool, and they mention on letter that 4 hours required for the interview,
so i dont konw what to do , what type of question they gonna asked, can any one help ...even i attached our merriege certificate then why they call for interview,

my time line
applied on 13 Dec 2012
Recveived 14 Dec 2012

I wouldn't worry too much prematurely, many people applying for eea 2 encounter this, they most likely want to find out if your marriage is genuine. Can you state more details about your marriage? may there be something that brought their suspicion? perhaps you got married just recently or have age gap difference? background of your non eea spouse?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:34 pm

I am curious: Did UKBA offer to pay for your expenses? Do you both need to go to Liverpool, or just one of you?

mian

Post by mian » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:02 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I am curious: Did UKBA offer to pay for your expenses? Do you both need to go to Liverpool, or just one of you?
They both of us , i dont think so they gonna pay for our expenses , they sidnt mention anything on letter,

mian

Re: interview call

Post by mian » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:04 am

Pablito wrote:
mian wrote:hi guys

my time line
applied on 13 Dec 2012
Recveived 14 Dec 2012

I wouldn't worry too much prematurely, many people applying for eea 2 encounter this, they most likely want to find out if your marriage is genuine. Can you state more details about your marriage? may there be something that brought their suspicion? perhaps you got married just recently or have age gap difference? background of your non eea spouse?
Age are 26 and 23
And we applied after 17 days of merriage ,

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:36 am

So most likely it has to do with short period between you getting married and applying for eea2, and yet tell us what is your nationality and your spouse?

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 am

@Pablito

Do you think it's due to the short period? I seriously doubt it, I feel it's a new rule that has been started this year 2013. Home visits and interviews for applicants.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:40 am

biggybountz wrote:@Pablito

Do you think it's due to the short period? I seriously doubt it, I feel it's a new rule that has been started this year 2013. Home visits and interviews for applicants.
Could be either of them or both at once, but from the other hand if this is due to a new rule, then should we expect systematic checks? that would be against Directive i think , there have to be first 'triggers' responsible for further investigation.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:29 am

How far is Liverpool from where you're currently residing?

mian

Post by mian » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:40 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:How far is Liverpool from where you're currently residing?
Its about 400 km
I live in east london,
And they invite for interview at 9 am

Egyptian lover

Post by Egyptian lover » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:04 am

Hi i just thought i would share my experience about marriage interview.

when i went to give notice and get married last year it was written on a sign

"Immigration officers will be in the building to do checks "

and when i went to give notice it was investigation and then suddenly she

asked me to get outside the room as giving notice should be done separate

!! ( which is bullshit) but i wasn't scared of her and told her off ... she even asked my partner about the rest of my name which is 7 names long lol.. and of course my partner didn't remember the whole name and officer said how will you marry someone and dont know his name!!

anyways just go to the interview and be confident !!! they are just some idiots... will ask about how you met and for how long you been together .. ask about ur partner family name and date of birth so you better know it lol!! and about any dates when u moved together and that it must match what you say... i am sure she will interview you separately.. just let me know if you need help ;)
Application sent : 18/10/12
received : 19/10/12
COA received : 21/10/12 ( with right to work)
Passport requested 9/3/13.
Passport received with RC 3/4/2012
(RC issued 15/3/13 , Letter dated 27/3/13)

biggybountz

Post by biggybountz » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:26 am

@All Here is the development on the interview and home visits.. qouted from news and updates on the UKBA website

UKBA's response - applications on the basis of marriage and civil partnerships

Recommendation 8: We recommend that the UK Border Agency develops a strategy on
the use of interviews and home visits in marriage cases. UK Border Agency Response: accepted. UK Border Agency is developing a strategy to re-introduce interviewing as a core part of the immigration system. In 2013, we will increase the number of those who submit applications for
Immigration Rules based marriage visa and EEA Family Permit, both in country and overseas. All interviews will be targeted according to our risk indicators, and we will use the evidence from these interviews to further develop our evidence base, therefore enabling us to target future interviewing and visiting approaches in the most effective way, as well as to identify displacement and trends in abuse.

@Mian..Wow that is pretty far, just can't imagine how u will cope with that.

@Pablito...wellit could be some triggers and it could be a mix of both like you said.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:19 pm

mian wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:How far is Liverpool from where you're currently residing?
Its about 400 km
I live in east london,
And they invite for interview at 9 am
I would point that out to them.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:48 pm

Keep all receipts for travel, for hotel and for food. You should ask UKBA to reimburse you for all of your expenses.

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Overnight national express and make your own sarnies.

£20 return.