ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling outside UK after requesting passport back?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yogsmith
- thin ice -

Travelling outside UK after requesting passport back?

Post by yogsmith » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 pm

I am due to apply for EEA2 FP on 16 March 2013. I would like to request my passport back before the month of May to travel outside UK with my spouse. Will I able to travel with my current Tier 1 visa? or will it be void once I apply for EEA2 family permit? I will be back to UK after 3 weeks. Will UKBA staff allow me to enter UK?

(My Tier 1 visa is still valid for a year and I am going to send my current immigration status document as a visa approval letter and photocopy of my biometric permit to support EEA2 application).

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:25 am

Applying for residence documentations under EEA regulations doesn't affect your existing visa.

If you are a visa national, you can use the Tier-1 visa to show to the airline to get on the flight. At the border seek entry as a family member of EEA national (either with a CoA or a copy of your partner passport and marriage certificate).

icexxik

Re: Travelling outside UK after requesting passport back?

Post by icexxik » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:48 am

yogsmith wrote:I am due to apply for EEA2 FP on 16 March 2013. I would like to request my passport back before the month of May to travel outside UK with my spouse. Will I able to travel with my current Tier 1 visa? or will it be void once I apply for EEA2 family permit? I will be back to UK after 3 weeks. Will UKBA staff allow me to enter UK?

(My Tier 1 visa is still valid for a year and I am going to send my current immigration status document as a visa approval letter and photocopy of my biometric permit to support EEA2 application).
When you request your passport back, they might process your application it is straight-forward. This happened to me a few weeks ago. Asked for passport back and got it back with EEA RC in 2 days.

nanny

Post by nanny » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 pm

[quote="icexxik"][quote="yogsmith"]I am due to apply for EEA2 FP on 16 March 2013. I would like to request my passport back before the month of May to travel outside UK with my spouse. Will I able to travel with my current Tier 1 visa? or will it be void once I apply for EEA2 family permit? I will be back to UK after 3 weeks. Will UKBA staff allow me to enter UK?

(My Tier 1 visa is still valid for a year and I am going to send my current immigration status document as a visa approval letter and photocopy of my biometric permit to support EEA2 application).[/quote]

When you request your passport back, they might process your application it is straight-forward. This happened to me a few weeks ago. Asked for passport back and got it back with EEA RC in 2 days.[/quote]

Hello can you please put the telephone number you used to request your passport back please as my husband wants to go look for his sick parents and he will be requesting his back but which is best him requesting it back or my solicitor requesting it back please let me know. it was the solicitor that send in the application.
Nanny here

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 pm

yogsmith wrote:I am due to apply for EEA2 FP on 16 March 2013. I would like to request my passport back before the month of May to travel outside UK with my spouse. Will I able to travel with my current Tier 1 visa? or will it be void once I apply for EEA2 family permit? I will be back to UK after 3 weeks. Will UKBA staff allow me to enter UK?

You can certainly travel and arrive back with your existing Tier 1 Visa that will continue to exist till its expiry.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS