ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transferring RC into new passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Emc

Transferring RC into new passport

Post by Emc » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi all, I have had RC in my passport for 2.5 years now, but passport got damaged ( soaked in coffee), I have ordered a new passport, but will need the to get new RC sticker. Spoken to EU Home Office call centre today and was told that they don't transfer RC to new passport and I've got to make a new application ! The man on the phone was very helpful and suggested that I might just travel with two passports if the RC is not too damaged and take with me us marriage certificate and original letter from HO when the RC was granted. He advised that we might be kept at check point a little longer but IO should be able to confirm on the system that my RC is valid.

My RC is clearly visible with all the numbers still showing, just looks a bit washed out.

Did anyone have similar experiences ? Was ther any problems at the boarder crossing ?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:13 pm

For travelling in & out of uk you maybe fine because your detail they will have. But if you travel other EU countries then their airport always check it very carefully and try to find insects out it. When i travelled the airport staff check and see it many times even it was clean and intact, even he wear many glasses even one little glasses which maybe his child glasses he wear :D

Emc

Post by Emc » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:30 pm

Thank you Universal soldier , you are right the RC is thoroughly check at the best of times.....

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:10 pm

I guess the biggest problem could be with airlines, if you are visa national (especially if you travel from outside EU; but even from inside..) - they might refuse to put you on the plain.
I know about people traveling with residence in expired passport with no problems with airlines, but would not be sure about damaged ones..