ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA permit with no valid visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dalebutt

Re: EEA permit with no valid visa

Post by dalebutt » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:41 am

What sort of merry go round is that, apply for visa in her country's embassy , register marriage in embassy, all of these are unnecessary, to clear any ambiguity, I will urge op to email the embassy and post back the reply, if op's spouse have been undocumented for more than a decade it doesn't affect the issuance of a FP.

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:29 pm

dalebutt wrote:What sort of merry go round is that, apply for visa in her country's embassy , register marriage in embassy, all of these are unnecessary, to clear any ambiguity, I will urge op to email the embassy and post back the reply, if op's spouse have been undocumented for more than a decade it doesn't affect the issuance of a FP.
dalebutt
All your posts in this thread seem to be against every thing from the OP understanding of the FP situation, her company's choice of solicitor to any suggestions raised by members.
if you are an immigration lawyer, then go ahead and provide the legal advice. if not, then please try not to attack and patronize the OP and members.
Too many people here trying to offer advises based on their experiences and it is entirely to the person to take any or not. i offered a suggestion based on a similar case i came across. I suppose every one here is trying to comfort by words and advice.

Also, not sure what you mean with " What sort of merry go round is that" ? apology if my English is not up to scratch.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:41 pm

You will see that from my previous post I suggested to OP to contact the embassy, that way, she wouldn't be relying on the advice given by myself or anyone, I believe it is the most sensible thing to do to reassure her of her situation, your logic, whilst it might work, to which I cannot confirm is unnecessary IMO, whenever I need to apply for visa, I always contact the consulate or embassy directly to establish the situation. You can confirm by Google search what merry go round means.

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:06 pm

dalebutt wrote:You will see that from my previous post I suggested to OP to contact the embassy, that way, she wouldn't be relying on the advice given by myself or anyone, I believe it is the most sensible thing to do to reassure her of her situation, your logic, whilst it might work, to which I cannot confirm is unnecessary IMO, whenever I need to apply for visa, I always contact the consulate or embassy directly to establish the situation. You can confirm by Google search what merry go round means.
You did but i am talking about different issues here.
I know what is "merry go round" means. Just don't see the point of using it here :)
In all cases, nothing personal and i hope i did not come across as harsh!

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:50 pm

Whatever floats your boat pal, your logic appears to be the one of going round in circles, I thought it was unnecessary, I am not debating the obvious, if you knew what the law says, you may perhaps agree with opinion raised, of course you do not have to, if an opinion was wrong you should refute it, and in the absence of that, I do not think your drastic view was necessary IMO.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:03 am

Must say I agree with Dalebutt here. Some people are making things over-complicated. There won't be an issue with applying for the EEA family permit as there isn't a legal requirement to be in the country lawfully!

If the OP is in doubt then she should contact the Embassy as soon as possible. They will definitely take a few days to reply.

Anyway... everyone has put forward their views, not it's up to the OP to see what she wants to do.

Good luck!

euroguys

Post by euroguys » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:39 pm

I also concur with dale and the above post, whilst there are many issues that we should be debating ,looking at the meaning of words and attempting to find new ways of interpretation this is not one of them in my opinion rules are clear and can be confirmed from the visa issuing post QED
2011 Sep EEA1- Portugal
2011 Nov Wife arrived
2012 Jan EEA2 Issued to Wife
2013 Apr 1a issued on arrival at port spain
2013 Nov 1a issued after day trip france
2013 Dec EEA2 applied for
2014 Jan CoA with work 3 weeks
2014 Jan Passports returned

Rose73
Newly Registered

Post by Rose73 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:21 pm

Hello

just would like to update

we have decided to apply from US, mostly because of the excellent guidance on this forum and great advices we got here.

Application was submitted online on Tuesday
Fingerprinting at US immigration on Wednesday as walk-in with ABSOLUTELLY no problem
Documents were delivered to embassy on Thursday morning
Friday night we got notification EEA was approved and our passports are ready for collection.

Incredibly fast processing.

Thank you so much everyone, we are very grateful.

just for information
we have included: marriage certificate, EEA national letter, job offer letter from UK company+UK contract of employment, my bank statement and paychecks for pat 6 months, pictures of both of us from past ranging years 2005-2013

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:41 am

Good on you rose, hope you will enjoy the UK. Congrats!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:37 pm

Good news indeed.