ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(EEA2) Received invitation for interview

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

beautifulday1
Mood:

(EEA2) Received invitation for interview

Post by beautifulday1 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi everyone,
I have received an invitation letter for interview in Liverpool. Guys I need all of your help. What documents do I have to take with me?
They mentioned to take with us the following things:
*6 months bank statements ( Individual and joint)
*2 years council tax bill
*New employer details if job been changed
*Utility bills with joint name
*Tenancy agreement
*Photographs during the relationship period
*Photographs of wedding

Now my question is,1) me and my wife have a joint account but we did open it around 4 months ago. but they wanted for 6 months
2) We dont have council tax bill for 2 years as we living together after getting married and we r married for 5 months now. Also recently we moved to new address and we updated it to home office but we don't have any council bill on new address as we did not registered yet.
3) We dont have utility bills because in our house new house energy is prepaid system and using EDF prepaid stick

Please help me out by giving your valuable opinions and suggestions and by sharing your experiences. Please give me some idea that what type of question they may ask. Thank you.....

neddy997
Newly Registered

Re: (EEA2) Received invitation for interview

Post by neddy997 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:31 pm

You dont have to take these things with you if you read the letter i saying clearly if you have send already then you dont have to bring i went for my interview on 21st and i didnt take anything with me just only the job letter from the company hope for the best .

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:34 pm

neddy997 wrote:You dont have to take these things with you if you read the letter i saying clearly if you have send already then you dont have to bring i went for my interview on 21st and i didnt take anything with me just only the job letter from the company hope for the best .
Thank you very much for ur reply @neddy997. Actually I didnt provide those things like council tax bill, utilities bill, photographs, bank statements etc. with my application. I only sent marrage certificate and pay slips. So do u still think that I dont have to take those things in interview?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:59 am

I have no experience of interviews. The purpose of it will be to check that the application is genuine. Your application may have been randomly selected, I don't know.

I suspect you've been given a generic letter requesting that you bring general evidence that might assist you at the interview. If you don't have these items, that will not lead to a rejection. Everyone's circumstances are different.

How far to you have to travel? How inconvenient is the interview location and time?

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:10 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I have no experience of interviews. The purpose of it will be to check that the application is genuine. Your application may have been randomly selected, I don't know.

I suspect you've been given a generic letter requesting that you bring general evidence that might assist you at the interview. If you don't have these items, that will not lead to a rejection. Everyone's circumstances are different.

How far to you have to travel? How inconvenient is the interview location and time?
Thank you @EUsmileWEallsmile for your comment. Its long far from southeast London to Liverpool. From my place to interview place is around 260 miles and time givven for the interview is 12pm. So I think I have to start travelling middle of night.

siroc
Australia

Post by siroc » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:33 pm

Just out of curiosity, was there ever a case where the UKBA issued an interview request to an EEA2 applicant (and his/her partner) who arrived in the UK on an EEA Family Permit?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:49 pm

siroc wrote:Just out of curiosity, was there ever a case where the UKBA issued an interview request to an EEA2 applicant (and his/her partner) who arrived in the UK on an EEA Family Permit?
I don't know of one, but it is possible.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:52 pm

beautifulday1 wrote:

Thank you @EUsmileWEallsmile for your comment. Its long far from southeast London to Liverpool. From my place to interview place is around 260 miles and time givven for the interview is 12pm. So I think I have to start travelling middle of night.
I would be inclined to accommodate the interview request, i.e. you should go. Don't be afraid to ask the question as to why you need to travel to Liverpool when you live in the SE pointing out that there are plenty of UKBA facilities elsewhere in the UK. The interview is at their request, what are their expectations of the applicant in terms of expenses incurred? Ask them.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:01 pm

siroc wrote:Just out of curiosity, was there ever a case where the UKBA issued an interview request to an EEA2 applicant (and his/her partner) who arrived in the UK on an EEA Family Permit?
yes they did. can't remember who but 1/2 forum members
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:49 pm

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I really appreciate it :)

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
beautifulday1 wrote:

I would be inclined to accommodate the interview request, i.e. you should go. Don't be afraid to ask the question as to why you need to travel to Liverpool when you live in the SE pointing out that there are plenty of UKBA facilities elsewhere in the UK. The interview is at their request, what are their expectations of the applicant in terms of expenses incurred? Ask them.

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Guys please give me some suggestions:
Me and my wife are renting a flat. Home Office told us to take agreement paper with us on interview. But on the agreement its only my name. but she has bank letter, her driving licence etc. in this address. So do you think that it will be any problem for us to show that agreement paper?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Bringing address showing documents at the day of interview seems a newish requirement and therefore, there should not be much members experiences. But the documents you mentioning must satisfy them but make an effort to bring with you as much as possible documents showing present address even from different sources just as a precaution.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Thank you very much @Sheraz7. yes I will try to take more documents by showing present address
sheraz7 wrote:Bringing address showing documents at the day of interview seems a newish requirement and therefore, there should not be much members experiences. But the documents you mentioning must satisfy them but make an effort to bring with you as much as possible documents showing present address even from different sources just as a precaution.

oniopapa
Newly Registered

Post by oniopapa » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:10 am

i think you shoul take all what you have , they may not look at the six month may be 4 month lenght
is ok for tham at list you come up with somethings rather than nothin.

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:46 pm

oniopapa wrote:i think you shoul take all what you have , they may not look at the six month may be 4 month lenght
is ok for tham at list you come up with somethings rather than nothin.
Thank you very much @oniopapa for ur suggestion. yes i will try to take as much as I can.

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Can anybody please tell me that...is it essential to take photographs (wedding and relationship time) to the interview@ I dont have many wedding picture as we didnt celebrate our ceremony yet. I have only few picture which was taken on the register day. Do u think that will be enough for me to take for interview?And I have also some picture before marriage when we were going out or something like that. I will take those picture with me. what you think guys?

alan247
Newly Registered

Post by alan247 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 pm

beautifulday1 wrote:Can anybody please tell me that...is it essential to take photographs (wedding and relationship time) to the interview@ I dont have many wedding picture as we didnt celebrate our ceremony yet. I have only few picture which was taken on the register day. Do u think that will be enough for me to take for interview?And I have also some picture before marriage when we were going out or something like that. I will take those picture with me. what you think guys?
how was the interview ?

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:30 pm

how was the interview ?[/quote]

I have not been to the interview yet. Still few days left.
Guys please update here if anybody recently been to interview. Many thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:39 pm

beautifulday1 wrote:Can anybody please tell me that...is it essential to take photographs (wedding and relationship time) to the interview@ I dont have many wedding picture as we didnt celebrate our ceremony yet. I have only few picture which was taken on the register day. Do u think that will be enough for me to take for interview?And I have also some picture before marriage when we were going out or something like that. I will take those picture with me. what you think guys?
Whether you have pictures or not is not going to be at issue. What is important is that you are in a genuine marital relationship and are legally married. If so, there ought not be a problem.

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Whether you have pictures or not is not going to be at issue. What is important is that you are in a genuine marital relationship and are legally married. If so, there ought not be a problem.[/quote]

We are genuine couple and so we are actually not worried about that. But wondering about the questions they gonna ask. I even forget so many things about myself so how can I remember everything of my wife or how can she remember everything about me. I even cant remember my shoe size and when I go to buy new shoes I always check the size of my old one. So if they ask some stupid question like this then its not gonna b very easy to answer all. thats why I am wondering.

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Had an excellent interview with UKBA. The interview duration was around 40 mints for me and 40 mints for my wife. They are very nice people taking interview. They only want to see that you are a genuine couple. if u r genuine there is nothing to be worried. If u r genuine couple then it does not matter what documents u have. even myself I could not manage all of the documents which they asked to take in the interview but I did explain to them. The interviewer was very happy after taking the interview and told us that go home and relax. there is nothing to be worried and u will get ur all documents back by post. Now finger cross........:)

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 pm

I hope post will come within couple of weeks. let see :)

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Received my RC yesterday. It was so quick and even less than a week. They issued the RC on the next day of my interview. :):):)

HLondon
Newly Registered

Post by HLondon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:55 am

Hi,

Did they discuss in the interview any documents such as bank statements or other visas like Tier 4 with you, or it was just about the marriage, whether it is genuine or not by asking many questions?

Thanks

djbrett2
Newly Registered

Post by djbrett2 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:58 am

hi sir can you tell me what did they ask in the interview and how money Q approxmatly?