ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medical Treatment EEA FP question on application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Yokid
Newly Registered

Medical Treatment EEA FP question on application

Post by Yokid » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:36 pm

Hello,

I am confused on how to answer the question on the EEA Family Permit application about medical treatment. I am currently applying as a non eea spouse of an EU national.

I have received NHS medical treatment, but a while ago on a long term UK student visa. Only a few doctors visits for small things like the flu and colds. I did not pay, as I was entitled to use it legally under the rules of my visa.

I am not sure about the dates or contact information of the doctors. All of this happened a long time ago. So, I don't know how to fill out this part of the form.

Can someone please help? Thank you.
Last edited by Yokid on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Medical Treatment EEA FP question on application

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:44 pm

I am not sure what the question on the form pertains to.

What is important is that you are the family member of an EU national who intents to or is exercising treaty rights in the UK.

Yokid
Newly Registered

Post by Yokid » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:14 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I am not sure what the question on the form pertains to.

What is important is that you are the family member of an EU national who intents to or is exercising treaty rights in the UK.
I find it confusing too. :(

Would it be best if I just left it blank?

ETA: the exact wording is "Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK? Yes/No"

If you click yes, it asks if you paid or not. Then it asks the contact details of the place where you received treatment.

I am confused on how to answer - its been many years and I can't remember exact details. Everything was done legally under my visa rules.

Thank you for your help.
Last edited by Yokid on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:30 pm

You can't leave blank space because you will not be able to move to next page on the application, from what i remember :)
when i was filling my husband's form in most of those irrelevant question we put : Not required for EEA Family Permit.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Aine002 wrote:You can't leave blank space because you will not be able to move to next page on the application, from what i remember :)
when i was filling my husband's form in most of those irrelevant question we put : Not required for EEA Family Permit.
That's a good idea.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Yokid wrote:
ETA: the exact wording is "Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK? Yes/No"

If you click yes, it asks if you paid or not. Then it asks the contact details of the place where you received treatment.

I am confused on how to answer - its been many years and I can't remember exact details. Everything was done legally under my visa rules.

Thank you for your help.
Like I said, I cannot see its relevance. If you have any concerns about any question or want to add information, you can put it in a covering letter. Receiving treatment and not remembering the finer details are not likely to lead to problems.