ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Self Employed Application CONCERNS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

univas01
Nigeria

EEA2 Self Employed Application CONCERNS

Post by univas01 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:02 am

Hi,

I'm in the process of applying for EEA2 application. I (NON EEA and currently studying) and my wife (EEA), got married in May, 2013 in the UK (Civil Marriage). We've been waiting for nearly a year maybe my wife can get a job, therefore applying via employed route but so unfortunate she couldn't secure one up till now. She is a beautician and registered as self employed last year (June) with HMRC, she has also paid tax up till date. My concern is that, as a beautician, her work is on cash basis which I believe accountant letter is irrelevant and as a result of the nature of her job, she has got personal bank statement (not business account).

I wish to include a covering letter in order to explain the above issues when submitting the application but I've got no idea on the construction of the letter - maybe I'm nervous :). My student visa runs till Dec, 2014 - clock ticking.

Any suggestion as to how to submit good application will be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Imshzd

Re: EEA2 Self Employed Application CONCERNS

Post by Imshzd » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:35 am

Nothing to worry.
Invoice,personal bank statements,Hmrc self assessment/NI contributions are enough.

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:11 am

Thanks for giving me the confidence, I'm positive towards my application :) Do you mean my wife should print out the full tax assessment form for 2012/2013 for my application?

Will 3 months bank statement be enough for the application?

Imshzd wrote:Nothing to worry.
Invoice,personal bank statements,Hmrc self assessment/NI contributions are enough.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:38 am

univas01 wrote:Thanks for giving me the confidence, I'm positive towards my application :) Do you mean my wife should print out the full tax assessment form for 2012/2013 for my application?

Yes self assessment print outs are good proof.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:32 pm

We have a sticky thread on the subject. Once you get your residence card, please post your success in that thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 05916.html

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Thank you. What do you think about the bank statement?
Imshzd wrote:
univas01 wrote:Thanks for giving me the
confidence, I'm positive towards my application :) Do you mean my wife should print out the full tax assessment form for 2012/2013 for my application?

Yes self assessment print outs are good proof.

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Yes I've read over that thread before but I need clarification regarding my application as case might be different from each other. For example, my wife does not have or willing to hire one accountant because her job involves basic calculation (job is strictly on cash basis). That's as far as I understand maybe I'm wrong, please clarify. Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:We have a sticky thread on the subject. Once you get your residence card, please post your success in that thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 05916.html

ikgo
Newly Registered

: EEA2 Self Employed Application CONCERNS

Post by ikgo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:46 am

Hello all,
Please I do need advice and also reports of anyone who has gone through this process.
Okay my story

Application made for a residence card via EEA 2 application on December 11th and my application was refused on 31st January 2014.
Reason for Refusal- whilst it is accepted that you EEA FAMILY member has been making regular N.I contributions they have not provided sufficient evidence that he/she is economically active in the united kingdom at the time of your application .

My wife was also refused Registration certificate.

My applications supporting documents are
- Marriage certificate
-6 Months Bank Statement
-HMRC National Insurance Contribution
-HMRC Corporation tax letter
-HMRC Online self assessments
- Accountant letter
-Company Reports and Accounts
-Invoices.

From what i can see UKBA does not understand my wife's company and how business is been conducted.This is because, in the 6 months bank statement I presented to them, it clearly shows payments to account generated via business activities.
Okay so they have given me right to appeal.. Which is better Oral or Written?? Has anyone got experience?

Imshzd

Re: : EEA2 Self Employed Application CONCERNS

Post by Imshzd » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:44 am

ikgo wrote:Hello all,
Please I do need advice and also reports of anyone who has gone through this process.
Okay my story

Application made for a residence card via EEA 2 application on December 11th and my application was refused on 31st January 2014.
Reason for Refusal- whilst it is accepted that you EEA FAMILY member has been making regular N.I contributions they have not provided sufficient evidence that he/she is economically active in the united kingdom at the time of your application .

- Marriage certificate
-6 Months Bank Statement
- Accountant letter
-Invoices.

From what i can see UKBA does not understand my wife's company and how business is been conducted.This is because, in the 6 months bank statement I presented to them, it clearly shows payments to account generated via business activities.
Okay so they have given me right to appeal.. Which is better Oral or Written?? Has anyone got experience?

Unbelievable refusal.
Ask for reconsideration and do appeal as well.oral or written does not matter,it's up to you which suits you.

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:01 am

[quote="ikgo"]Hello all,
Okay my story

- Marriage certificate
-6 Months Bank Statement
- Accountant letter
-Invoices.

Okay so they have given me right to appeal.. Which is better Oral or Written?? Has anyone got experience?[/qu

ote]

Sometimes, UKBA's decisions are unbelievable. However, I will suggest you make reconsideration as earlier suggested. And again, did you make them aware of how your partner has advertised the business?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:08 am

Are they kidding or what. Look like the caseworker had a bad day or haven't got a clue what is self employed. What more documents he/she need to send or may be caseworker thinking that EEA national applied for Entrepreneur visa
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 pm

ikgo wrote:Hello all,
Okay my story

- Marriage certificate
-6 Months Bank Statement
- Accountant letter
-Invoices.

Sometimes, UKBA's decisions are unbelievable. However, I will suggest you make reconsideration as earlier suggested. And again, did you make them aware of how your partner has advertised the business?

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:28 pm

It makes me to believe that sometimes favour counts. How are you able to assist the member in order to obtain the RC?

askmeplz82 wrote:Are they kidding or what. Look like the caseworker had a bad day or haven't got a clue what is self employed. What more documents he/she need to send or may be caseworker thinking that EEA national applied for Entrepreneur visa

ikgo
Newly Registered

Post by ikgo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:28 am

to be honest am so tired of UKBA hence i want to appeal.. I did not explain how my wife advertises her business but this is not in the EEA 2 form. All the documents they asked for we provided it. If they had issues with advertisement they could have written or called my wife, her business has a website and social media outlets, she is also advertised on google business but the EEA 2 FORM does not ask for this.

we went to see a solicitor yesterday and he said that we should appeal, only is very expensive.

ikgo
Newly Registered

Post by ikgo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 am

How long (Averagely) does the appeal process take

ikgo
Newly Registered

Post by ikgo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 am

How long (Averagely) does the appeal process take

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:12 pm

ikgo wrote:to be honest am so tired of UKBA hence i want to appeal.. I did not explain how my wife advertises her business but this is not in the EEA 2 form. All the documents they asked for we provided it. If they had issues with advertisement they could have written or called my wife, her business has a website and social media outlets, she is also advertised on google business but the EEA 2 FORM does not ask for this.

we went to see a solicitor yesterday and he said that we should appeal, only is very expensive.
I understand how depressed you are. However I personally will suggest you go for reconsideration. Reconsideration is applicable when you can proof that HO has made a mistake treating your application by drawing HO's attention to the fact that you did submit all the necessary documents as requested by HO as at the time of your application. List the submitted documents again and possibly provide additional evidence to support your application - here you can mention how your partner has advertised the business. I hope it helps. Cheers!