ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help me ! I received a letter of IS151a!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

degu
Newly Registered

Help me ! I received a letter of IS151a!!

Post by degu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:02 am

Hello , I really scared .
at mid January I applied again for a EEA4 as my original EEA4 got refused under issues My solicitor believed we can prove and just got refused due to technicalities or the usual HO mistakes.
anyway, at 28/1/2014 My solicitor received a COA letter for the EEA4 , at the same time I received a letter from the enforcement department saying I don't have leave in the UK, a day after I received the IS96 letter that tells me to come at the end of the month and report , very distressing stuff .
I told my Solicitor straight about it when I got the IS151A and she wrote an urgent letter to the enforcement department saying I got my application in process and that I am not subject to removal, what scares me here is the fact that on the IS151A , the last page says something as :
Decision to remove an illegal immigrant...
and the last line says:
"This Decision will be deemed to have been served on you of the date of service shown below "
The date is : 3/2/2014 - means tomorrow .
what does that mean ? that they are coming tomorrow to my place?
why did they send me after that original letter the IS96 that says I should report ?
I am confused , please help me , I'm on the verge of a panic attack , I am also disabled due to chronic disorder I am dealing with , that is the last thing I needed now .
Thank you

degu
Newly Registered

Re: Help me ! I received a letter of IS151a!!

Post by degu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:02 pm

why no one is replying to me ??
please help , I NEED it- this uncertainty is unbearable, I could not eat or sleep all weekend . sorry the drama , I just don't know who to ask..

Thank you and sorry again

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:56 pm

How long have you been living with a qualified EU national partner? What she/he(EU national) has been doing?
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:01 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Says its not appealable.

Looks like you are in serious doodah, sorry.

Hope your solicitor can sort it for you but it might be a good idea to make sure you carry a cheap mobile with no camera just in case you get dragged off to detention center. They confiscate camera phones but you would need to be able to stay in contact with your solicitor.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

degu
Newly Registered

Post by degu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Hello Sheraz , I have lived with her in marriage for 8 years in the UK , she asked for divorce and we were divorced last August , before that I took a solicitor who advised me to gather more evidence to prove that she did exercised her treaties , of course it took time , she needed to ask for complete tax returns of previous years as self employed , also she needed to issue an ID card cause she did not want to send her Passport as she travels as part of her job , it took her time , My solicitor said it's ok but now I feel so insecure and I don't know who to believe anymore , This letter as well made me panic.
I lived with a residency permit with my wife for 5 years out of the the 8 years marriage , she studied and then became self employed , my solicitor told me that I retained my right to live here as I'm self employed also and I fill the criteria,

what to do now ?

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:08 pm

This is a normal format letter.
Few things are important to know in your situation.
Reasons of your refusal?
But
No one can deport you until your EEA national is in the uk as a qualified person.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:19 pm

You should not be depressed as much as you are revealing in your posts because if you manage to gather the treaty rights evidences of your EU national partner then you can secure permanent residence (EEA4) otherwise you should at least manage to gather the evidences of 3 years in order to apply for retaining rights (EEA2 RC). I think your lawyer did well to inform them.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

degu
Newly Registered

Post by degu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:19 pm

Imshzd wrote:This is a normal format letter.
Reasons of your refusal?
But
No one can deport you until your EEA national is in the uk as a qualified person.
OK
they refused me because :
1. Her passport she could not send as she needs it for work and regular travel as part of her job , I talked with HO before that and they said that if she Notary the passport they will accept it , so I had to do it , when the refusal came back they did not accept it.
2. as a student, they claimed she took maintenance loan that she was not supposed to get , my ex-wife is EEA, she was entitled to the loan and in any case it's not public funds, she also lived in the UK 3 years prior to her studies , she did qualify - I don't uderstand why they refuesed it .
3. regarding her self employment , her messey nature made it hard to keep enough consistency in her proof of self employment , but we did send all we could , later - when I took the services of a solicitor He advised we get a complete report of all her activities from the HMRC , which we did and sent in the recent application .
The HO set a COA to my solicitor about my new EEA4 application and an the same time sent me the IS151A and then a day later , an IS96 letter that says I got to come and report myself every month from now on .

degu
Newly Registered

Post by degu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:23 pm

sheraz7 wrote:You should not be depressed as much as you are revealing in your posts because if you manage to gather the treaty rights evidences of your EU national partner then you can secure permanent residence (EEA4) otherwise you should at least manage to gather the evidences of 3 years in order to apply for retaining rights (EEA2 RC). I think your lawyer did well to inform them.

Thank you Sheraz7 , I am depressed because of 2 main reasons:

1. I don't know the law and what this threatening letter mean in reality .

2. I know that i deserve to get my rights under the EEA law but I'm afraid that after so many years and having what it takes to get them , some technical error or a mistake will make me lose it all.

put on top of all that the fact that As I've mentioned , my health is really not good for some time now and that's why I feel like I'm about to end in an hospital with all this strees.

thank you by the way ,
I appreciate the help of people here

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:33 pm

degu wrote: they refused me because :
1. Her passport she could not send as she needs it for work and regular travel as part of her job , I talked with HO before that and they said that if she Notary the passport they will accept it , so I had to do it , when the refusal came back they did not accept it.
What was the exact reason of refusing for EU national passport? For your EEA2 application you had previously sent them EU national passport then why they need now? How you get notarized the copy of EU passport since you had not original one?

degu
Newly Registered

Post by degu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Universal soldier wrote:
degu wrote: they refused me because :
What was the exact reason of refusing for EU national passport? For your EEA2 application you had previously sent them EU national passport then why they need now? How you get notarized the copy of EU passport since you had not original one?

I think you did not understand me correct Universal soldier , I have been married for some time around beginning of 2007 I applied for EEA2 so i can have the residency permit and live with my European wife - we sent out passport , 5 years after - at sep. of 2012 I applied for the EEA4 so i will get a permanent residency , things have changed - she started working in a job that required her to use her passport often and she would not like to send it to the HO knowing that she won't be able to work , so we were told by the homeoffice she can Notary the document for them to use as evidence of and ID , of course they did opposite in real time

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:53 pm

i am only asking about your refusal no.1 which relates to not providing EU national passport. What reasons they given in refusal letter about that?

degu
Newly Registered

Post by degu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Imshzd wrote:This is a normal format letter.
Reasons of your refusal?
But
Hello Imshzd , do u mean the IS151a is a standard format for what ? or the IS96?

I am confused, the HO sent my solictor the COA letter for my EEA4 and at the same date sends me The : IS151A and then later the IS96.
STRANGE

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:27 pm

degu wrote:Hello , I really scared .
at mid January I applied again for a EEA4 as my original EEA4 got refused under issues My solicitor believed we can prove and just got refused due to technicalities or the usual HO mistakes.
anyway, at 28/1/2014 My solicitor received a COA letter for the EEA4 , at the same time I received a letter from the enforcement department saying I don't have leave in the UK, a day after I received the IS96 letter that tells me to come at the end of the month and report , very distressing stuff .
I told my Solicitor straight about it when I got the IS151A and she wrote an urgent letter to the enforcement department saying I got my application in process and that I am not subject to removal, what scares me here is the fact that on the IS151A , the last page says something as :
and the last line says:
"This Decision will be deemed to have been served on you of the date of service shown below "
why did they send me after that original letter the IS96 that says I should report ?
I am confused , please help me , I'm on the verge of a panic attack , I am also disabled due to chronic disorder I am dealing with , that is the last thing I needed now .
Thank you
I would suggest you contact your lawyer about your concerns. They may be able to re-assure you. You are likely to get general responses to questions you ask here, but your lawyer will know the specifics.

degu
Newly Registered

Post by degu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:35 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
degu wrote:Hello , I really scared .
and the last line says:
Thank you
I would suggest you contact your lawyer about your concerns. They may be able to re-assure you. You are likely to get general responses to questions you ask here, but your lawyer will know the specifics.

DearEUsmile

my lawyer told me not to worry but I can't be "not worried" , she said she wrote to the Enforcement unit of the HO to tell them I got my Application in process and that they should not put these threats for no reasons , unfortunately that was around Thursday and she was intending to call them on Friday to confirm they received the letter but she got sick and did not attend the Office and I was left with tons of worries for the weekend.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:32 pm

accompanying an IS151a is usually an IS151b.

an IS151b is appealable... The Home Office NEVER issued my wife with an IS151B. They did however submit this document in a bundle at the court hearing in December.

I assume that you made a human rights submission with your EEA4 ? the fact that after such a long residency you have connections ETC?

Please refer to:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

and as you have a new EEA4 in process I suggest that you submit a letter outlining that you request that they consider your application in line with Human Rights cases (as this is the reason RoR is a requirement, because you have human rights that do not end upon divorce!
For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.

i_m2u
Newly Registered

Post by i_m2u » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Does time spend after IS96 been served and reporting restriction imposed class as legal stay? Reporting restriction was only lifted after appeal was allowed.. IS96 was served along with IS151A..

i_m2u
Newly Registered

Post by i_m2u » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Does time spend after IS96 been served and reporting restriction imposed class as legal stay? Reporting restriction was only lifted after appeal was allowed.. IS96 was served along with IS151A..

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 pm

If appeal is pending in the court then the subjects stay in the uk consider legal under section 3.

i_m2u
Newly Registered

Post by i_m2u » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:02 pm

But what if some one Arrived in the UK legally and then got was served with IS151 AND IS96.. No appeal was made against this but a new claim was lodged which was refused and then that refusal was challenged and the appeal was allowed in the court. During all this new claim and appeal process IS96 was valid as reporting restrictions were imposed and these restrictions only got cancelled after the appeal was allowed..So my point is as the person enetered the UK legally and then his visa was revoked and was served with IS151A and then IS96 the same day.. and the that person got granted further leave to remain. Now that person has lived in the for over 10 years most of the time spent with valid leave to remain but some time spent under IS96 and reporting restriction.. Can that person apply for 10 years long residence or time spent after IS96 was served and a temporary permission was granted has already caused a GAP inbetween the legal stays?