ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA with no right to work BUT we ARE married

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mario00

Re: COA with no right to work BUT we ARE married

Post by mario00 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:28 am

LunarGirl wrote:Yay!!!!
So happy for you. Thanks for letting me know. Best of luck for the next installment of news from the HO.
I applied for my PR on
EAA4 last month
21/06/2014 application was posted
24/06/2014 application received by HO
25/06/2014 confirmation letter printed
30/06/2014 confirmation letter received
9th called for COA and was told it was printed on 3/07/2014
called today again they say it was posted 04/07/2014
Its really annoying and confusing what do it I don know !!!!!!

LunarGirl

Post by LunarGirl » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:06 am

Sorry to hear that you've had problems. I would phone them again, explain that the COA seems to have gone astray in the post, confirm that they have your correct address and ask (as politely as you can) that they resend it to you.

mario00

Post by mario00 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:02 pm

LunarGirl wrote:Sorry to hear that you've had problems. I would phone them again, explain that the COA seems to have gone astray in the post, confirm that they have your correct address and ask (as politely as you can) that they resend it to you.
Today I called HO again there was a lady who took my phone number. Then she told me that she would email the caseworker and would call me back once she gets the response. I believe I won't get any call but have to call back again in few days. :x :!: :!: :!:
I did receive my confirmation letter so I believe address they got is right.

mario00

Post by mario00 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:00 pm

mario00 wrote:
LunarGirl wrote:Sorry to hear that you've had problems. I would phone them again, explain that the COA seems to have gone astray in the post, confirm that they have your correct address and ask (as politely as you can) that they resend it to you.
Today I called HO again there was a lady who took my phone number. Then she told me that she would email the caseworker and would call me back once she gets the response. I believe I won't get any call but have to call back again in few days. :x :!: :!: :!:
I did receive my confirmation letter so I believe address they got is right.
Today I called again and the guy on the other end said to me someone typed my wrong address he said that he would send the email for my case worker to change my address and that I should do it online.
I don't know how to do it online but great work HO case workers thanks for all the problems, God bless you as I have less on my plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! does anyone know how to change the address online for EEA4 appplication

PAGGY
Newly Registered

Post by PAGGY » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:47 pm

@mario00 recently changed mine too find link below
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml
It takes 72 hours to have it done in HO,after that you have to call to verify it's been changed

LunarGirl

Post by LunarGirl » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:23 am

This is a disgrace!
The HO make the mistake over your address and you have it do the legwork to fix it. Utterly appalling.

mario00

Post by mario00 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:06 pm

PAGGY wrote:@mario00 recently changed mine too find link below
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml
It takes 72 hours to have it done in HO,after that you have to call to verify it's been changed
Thanks PAGGY, do they count72 working day hours or just 72 hours including weekends??? thanks I am already waiting for more than a month just to get COA!!!!!

PAGGY
Newly Registered

Post by PAGGY » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:53 pm

I think excluding weekends min-fri as the case maybe but it's sure a straight forward process.

LunarGirl

Post by LunarGirl » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:05 am

PAGGY, did you ever get the long COA in the end after writing to complain?

mario00

Post by mario00 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:54 pm

I called HO and was told that they received my change of address application which I submitted online, thanks to PAGGY. But no one tells me if they have reissued my COA.

mario00

Post by mario00 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:17 am

Today on 31th of July I received my letter of approval, again there is a mistake on the address but at-least it reached me.

Greener1
Newly Registered

Post by Greener1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:45 am

LunarGirl wrote:My non EU husband received his Certificate of Application this morning from the Home Office, he submitted the EEA2 application two weeks ago. However, the letter says:

"At this stage we cannot confirm your right to work in the United Kingdom. This will depend on the outcome of the application. The enclosed Questions and Answers sheet provides more information about employment rights".

Well, this is what the Q and A sheet says:

"The applicant has not provided satisfactory evidence of his identity or of his relationship to an EU citizen. We will consider your application but may need to contact you for some additional or alternative evidence..."

We are quite shocked by this to say the least. We sent more than we thought what was required as evidence of our relationship, obviously our wedding certificate, joint bank account statement, proof of living together at the same address, photographs, bills in joint names and even a transcript from a Skype conversation. We sent them our actual passports too, which are supposed to be adequate proof of identity.

I've read through posts on here of experiences of those who've received the COA with no right to work, but they have been unmarried partners or those claiming to be in a durable relationship. Please could someone advise what we should do next. My husband needs to apply for his national insurance number and start working. We cannot wait for months for this to be resolved.
Hello Lunargirl.
I saw you did renounce your British citizenship and then applied your partner EEA FP/ EEA2, me and my husband we are in the samilar position so Id like to get some advice and information from you if thats ok for you. :)
Im Chinese and my husband he is from N. Ireland and holds both British and Irish passports. We are in Belfast and Im on a 6 months UK family visitting visa which will run out in January 2015, we just fround out that Im pregnant in August and gonna give birth in next April. As holding UK family visa wont be able to get free health care in N. Ireland so all my pregnancy checks are not free here, we have paid about 450pound already and give birth here costs about 2000pound-4000pound depends Ill need C-section or not. However we already posted his British citizenship renounciation application September and havent get any reply from Home Office yet, so do you know how long does this renounciation take? We already booked flights for going back to China before my visa run out so we gonna back to China anyway then if his renouncation certificate come before my belly become too big then we will apply EEA FP in China then fly back to Belfast. So does holding EEA FP will get free health care in N. Ireland? Because if we go back to China then fly back I doubt we will get me EEA2 before me give birth, seems like getting EEA2 take ages... :S
He has jobs here ( his income before tax is lower then 18600 but higher then a full time wage in Belfast, so...), and we have place to live - my mother in laws, so seems like applying EEA2 we will be alright.
Just have those questions to ask you which I already marked with lines, hope we may hear from you soon and thanks for your help in advance. Have a good day. :)

Greener1
Newly Registered

Post by Greener1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:45 am

LunarGirl wrote:My non EU husband received his Certificate of Application this morning from the Home Office, he submitted the EEA2 application two weeks ago. However, the letter says:

"At this stage we cannot confirm your right to work in the United Kingdom. This will depend on the outcome of the application. The enclosed Questions and Answers sheet provides more information about employment rights".

"The applicant has not provided satisfactory evidence of his identity or of his relationship to an EU citizen. We will consider your application but may need to contact you for some additional or alternative evidence..."

We are quite shocked by this to say the least. We sent more than we thought what was required as evidence of our relationship, obviously our wedding certificate, joint bank account statement, proof of living together at the same address, photographs, bills in joint names and even a transcript from a Skype conversation. We sent them our actual passports too, which are supposed to be adequate proof of identity.

I've read through posts on here of experiences of those who've received the COA with no right to work, but they have been unmarried partners or those claiming to be in a durable relationship. Please could someone advise what we should do next. My husband needs to apply for his national insurance number and start working. We cannot wait for months for this to be resolved.
Hello Lunargirl.
I saw you did renounce your British citizenship and then applied your partner EEA FP/ EEA2, me and my husband we are in the samilar position so Id like to get some advice and information from you if thats ok for you. :)
Im Chinese and my husband he is from N. Ireland and holds both British and Irish passports. We are in Belfast and Im on a 6 months UK family visitting visa which will run out in January 2015, we just fround out that Im pregnant in August and gonna give birth in next April. As holding UK family visa wont be able to get free health care in N. Ireland so all my pregnancy checks are not free here, we have paid about 450pound already and give birth here costs about 2000pound-4000pound depends Ill need C-section or not. However we already posted his British citizenship renounciation application September and havent get any reply from Home Office yet, so do you know how long does this renounciation take? We already booked flights for going back to China before my visa run out so we gonna back to China anyway then if his renouncation certificate come before my belly become too big then we will apply EEA FP in China then fly back to Belfast. So does holding EEA FP will get free health care in N. Ireland? Because if we go back to China then fly back I doubt we will get me EEA2 before me give birth, seems like getting EEA2 take ages... :S
He has jobs here ( his income before tax is lower then 18600 but higher then a full time wage in Belfast, so...), and we have place to live - my mother in laws, so seems like applying EEA2 we will be alright.
Just have those questions to ask you which I already marked with lines, hope we may hear from you soon and thanks for your help in advance. Have a good day. :)

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Greener1 wrote: do you know how long does this renounciation take? MINE TOOK ABOUT 2.5 MONTHS, BUT I HAVE HEARD RECENTLY THAT IT IS TAKING UPWARDS OF 3 MONTHS. I WOULD EXPECT THAT YOU WOULD HEAR BACK IN JANUARY

So does holding EEA FP will get free health care in N. Ireland?
MY PARTNER WAS ABLE TO REGISTER WITH A GP AND GET FREE TREATMENT FOR HIS SORE ARM A MONTH AFTER HER ARRIVED HERE WHEN WE GOT PROOF OF HIS ADDRESS. HE ALSO HOLDS A VALID EEA FAMILY PERMIT. I DON'T THINK THIS WOULD BE A PROBLEM AS LONG AS YOUR HUSBAND IF PAYING NATIONAL INSURANCE.

Hi there, Lunargirl doesn't come on here so often now but I was in the exact same position as you guys last year. I'm from NI and had both passports too; my civil partner is also Chinese. I've added some answers above in capital letters. Hope this helps a bit!

We applied for his EEA2 on October 2nd but still haven't received it (it can take up to 6 months).

If you have your baby in NI it will be eligible for both Irish and British citizenship as your husband is Irish.

If you have questions just let me know

C

Greener1
Newly Registered

Post by Greener1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Hello CliveC, thanks for your answers.
But you were saying free treatment means GP treatment or hospital treatment?

Many thanks.
chaoclive wrote:
Greener1 wrote: do you know how long does this renounciation take? MINE TOOK ABOUT 2.5 MONTHS, BUT I HAVE HEARD RECENTLY THAT IT IS TAKING UPWARDS OF 3 MONTHS. I WOULD EXPECT THAT YOU WOULD HEAR BACK IN JANUARY

MY PARTNER WAS ABLE TO REGISTER WITH A GP AND GET FREE TREATMENT FOR HIS SORE ARM A MONTH AFTER HER ARRIVED HERE WHEN WE GOT PROOF OF HIS ADDRESS. HE ALSO HOLDS A VALID EEA FAMILY PERMIT. I DON'T THINK THIS WOULD BE A PROBLEM AS LONG AS YOUR HUSBAND IF PAYING NATIONAL INSURANCE.

Hi there, Lunargirl doesn't come on here so often now but I was in the exact same position as you guys last year. I'm from NI and had both passports too; my civil partner is also Chinese. I've added some answers above in capital letters. Hope this helps a bit!

We applied for his EEA2 on October 2nd but still haven't received it (it can take up to 6 months).

If you have your baby in NI it will be eligible for both Irish and British citizenship as your husband is Irish.

C

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:52 pm

We only used the GP but I would expect that the hospital would be free too.

Ask your partner to contact the Business Services Organisation within the NI NHS on: admin.office@hscni.net. There are more email addresses on the link below.

More info here: http://www.hscbusiness.hscni.net/contact.htm

Don't see why there would be a difference between hospital and GP services.

Greener1
Newly Registered

Post by Greener1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:06 am

chaoclive wrote:We only used the GP but I would expect that the hospital would be free too.

Ask your partner to contact the Business Services Organisation within the NI NHS on: admin.office@hscni.net. There are more email addresses on the link below.

Hello, You are right, with EEA FP its free. :D Thanks for your help. :)

Greener1
Newly Registered

Post by Greener1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:06 am

chaoclive wrote:We only used the GP but I would expect that the hospital would be free too.

Hello, youre right, its free hospital treatment with eeafp. :D Thanks. :P

Mariamshai
Newly Registered

Post by Mariamshai » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi my husband recieved his COA back in December under the old eea2 forms but doesn't give permission to work however it should as he has fp from exercising treaty rights in Ireland I emailed the office but that just a re issuing department so that's in correct the Liverpool number on the earlier threads doesn't exist anymore and I am writing a letter and sending it tomorrow jut don't know how to explain as he needs it ASAP for work

Mariamshai
Newly Registered

Post by Mariamshai » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Greener1 wrote:Hello CliveC, thanks for your answers.
But you were saying free treatment means GP treatment or hospital treatment?

Many thanks.
chaoclive wrote:

C
Hi we got the same problem as lunergirl this was under the old EEA 2 we applied in the strt of December and COA received 21st December saying no permission to work only just realised we need it now as interview tomorrow and they require permission evidence which we don't have :(

analucidi

Post by analucidi » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:48 pm

Hey guys, I am new and tried to find answer to my question across the forum. Hopefully somebody would be able to help or clarify what we been doing wrong. So basically I have jointly applied with my Italian husband on the 28th of July for RP and registration( I am Russian). He received email confirmation, Payments and biometrics taken and today I have received COA, BUT WITHOUT RIGHT TO WORK. They explained that this is because we have not provided sufficient evidence of your sponsor exercising Treaty rights.
He has been living here for 5 years and I been here for four on Tier 4 though my BSc and MSc, we been together for two and half years, have been living together for year and half and got married in Italy in the end of June. He is self-employed musician and also has been working part-time (20-30 h/w) for more than two years.
We have included, our passports, two applications with only part-time employment details and employer declaration, marriage certificate and translation, his A.I.R.E( registration in the UK for Italian authorities) with translation, common bills and tenancy agreement, wed pictures and videos.
Can anybody let us know if we should start worrying/ thinking about potential appeal. Is it because he does not have full-time position? Or we should have attached additional confirmation from employer like letter or payments? The only reason why we haven't is because we applied together and all our documentation is shared, so his employer declaration seemed like more than enough(according to application guidelines). Pleas help :( :( :( :( :(

afritalia
Newly Registered

Post by afritalia » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi I just received my coa letter, with your similar situation & same Q&A sheet, what was your final outcome...im shocked as well as we submitted a lot of supporting docs...please shed light

LunarGirl

Post by LunarGirl » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:58 pm

We wrote to the caseworker and requested that the correct COA be sent. We received it a week or so later. My husband has been in possession of his UK RC for over a year now.

Try not to worry. If you have sent the correct evidence then this can be fixed. They could have just made a mistake. Good luck.

afritalia
Newly Registered

Post by afritalia » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:43 pm

LunarGirl wrote:We wrote to the caseworker and requested that the correct COA be sent. We received it a week or so later. My husband has been in possession of his UK RC for over a year now.

Try not to worry. If you have sent the correct evidence then this can be fixed. They could have just made a mistake. Good luck.
thanks for your reply, ill write to them as well...appreciate it.

analucidi

Post by analucidi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:39 pm

LunarGirl wrote:We wrote to the caseworker and requested that the correct COA be sent. We received it a week or so later. My husband has been in possession of his UK RC for over a year now.

Hello LunarGirl, you must have tired of desperate coa questions, but you seem to be one of a few people, who actually managed to sort it out. I have received short COA and sent the letter, but no repsonse (about two weeks ago). In fact, my employer got my employment check, and got fired because it came back negative. Me and my husband sent the forms together, sent his employer declaration,but they havent yet get in touch with his employer. Still sent us short coa within a week of application and negative employer check. It could be a bad sign then.