ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Judicial Review and UKBA's timelines after appeal.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Judicial Review and UKBA's timelines after appeal.

Post by Pablito » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Hello

I hope someone can help. I am struggling horribly to find relevant provisions or regulations concerning UKBA's timelines to issue a residence card after appeal was allowed. I need it in case we don't receive residence card in the near future. I would like to be able to apply for judicial review if I had known the source of my rights..

I will much appreciate your guidance and helpful hand.

Thank You.

EEA2APPLICANT

Re: Judicial Review and UKBA's timelines after appeal.

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:08 pm

Yes I need some help too, my appeal was allowed on 3rd january. called home office for the second time yesterday. and they said there is no time limit to issue the freaking RC!!!
“There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Some tunnels just happen to be longer than others.”

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:15 am

if you look at this forum you will find some members waited even 8 months for it. But i think average 4-6 months

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 22830.html
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:03 am

Could you please tell me if there is any way to make the process quicker? there must be something we can do against their unlawful act as it is way past the timeline i was given by the first-tier tribunal.
“There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Some tunnels just happen to be longer than others.”

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:11 am

After 8 weeks waiting, there is nothing stopping you from doing a JR on this lot, absolutely lawless, very annoying institution.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:38 am

dalebutt wrote:After 8 weeks waiting, there is nothing stopping you from doing a JR on this lot, absolutely lawless, very annoying institution.
how do you know it is 8 weeks? where did you get this info?

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:32 am

I m still waiting as well, I dot know why they always like to waste time, but the maximum time is 12 week and some people get it sooner in 6weeks

Journey of thousands of miles begins with a single step

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:42 pm

UKBA responded to my MP promising residence card sent to me by 9th april, I guess I'll wait if nothing comes i will file for JR.

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:20 am

Pablito"]UKBA responded to my MP promising residence card sent to me by 9th april, I guess I'll wait if nothing comes i will file for JR.

@pablito, let hope you received it by dat date as they said,
And we are the same timeline as well, I pray we all sha receive our RC sooner.

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:41 pm

I have been waiting for more than 10 weeks now. contacted HO, contacted MP but heard nothing yet.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:10 pm

If someone hasn't been paid cost award i may provide number to contact to get that sorted.

ingodwestrust
Newly Registered

Post by ingodwestrust » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:37 pm

JUDGE FAILED TO TUN UP IN UPPER WHAT NEXT.

hi to everyone, this update is for my brother please we really need advice and opinion, here is the case summery.

married to EEA wife in 2008
RC was granted in 2009 valid for 5yers
divorce start in 2012 and finalised in 11/2/2013
apply for eea2 ROR in 12/3/2013
application refuse with right of appeal in 11/ 6/2013, but reasion for the refusal was unclear.
suporting documment sumited with the application is,
Ex eea wife P60s/payslips from 2008 to 2011) after that she started working as self employed from 2011to present)
1,accountant letter
2,National insurance contribution paid receipts 2011 to 2012
3,self assessment/tax return 2011to 2013
4, proof of adress in both names BT bils/gas bills from 2008 to 2012
5, non EEA proof of work after divorce P60s/payslip from 2009 to 2013+ employment letter.
Reasions for the Refuse, the case worker state that, you have failed to provide evidence that ur ex eea national was exercising treaty right from 2011 up to the point of ur divorce and you also failed to provide evidence of cohabitation for 3yers,so therefore you have fail to meet the requirement of regulation 10(6).
paper appeal sent 18/6/13
last date to summit evidence to court 17/11/2013
appeal dismiss by the firts tail tribunal judge 29/11/2013, reasion for dismiss, you did not provide evidence that ur ex eea national has been exercising treaty right for the periord of 5yers before the final date of ur divorce, so therefore you have fail to provide evidence that you have meet the requirements for parmanent residence card in accordance with regulation (15) of the immigration EEA regulation 2006,the judge also said that he was confused about the (ukba) decision to refuse the application because with the whom evidence in front of him the person qualified for a retained rights of residence if this is the right interpretation because the ukba did not suply all the pages of the application form which is not helpful at all,
but we send all the full budle of evidence all the page of the application form with the bundle to the tribunal but the judge fail to look at our bundle he only look at the home office evidence, and we only apply for EEA2 ROR not EEA4 for parmanent, so the judge was wrong in law.

we appeal against the judge decision to upper tribunal 3/12/13
appeal right to upper tribunal was granted in all granted on 23/12/13
hearing date 14/3/14, both our party and home office appear in court but the upper tribunal judge did not turn up on hearing day and this was a surpring thing, the court told us they will send us another hearing date but as for now they did not know why the judge didt tun up... so now what next and what did u guys think is goin to be the out come of this case we really need advice/opinion help from anyone of you.
belive and faith,,,,

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:32 pm

To all those who are still waiting to be issued with residence card hope your efforts and struggles will soon be fulfilled. My wife got her residence card today, so it really can take awhile. Goodluck to you.

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:26 pm

congratz. I am happy for you. did you call them? and when did you call them last time? thanks.

dunca

Post by dunca » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:14 am

ingodwestrust wrote:JUDGE FAILED TO TUN UP IN UPPER WHAT NEXT.

hi to everyone, this update is for my brother please we really need advice and opinion, here is the case summery.

application refuse with right of appeal in 11/ 6/2013, but reasion for the refusal was unclear.
Ex eea wife P60s/payslips from 2008 to 2011) after that she started working as self employed from 2011to present)
1,accountant letter
5, non EEA proof of work after divorce P60s/payslip from 2009 to 2013+ employment letter.
Reasions for the Refuse, the case worker state that, you have failed to provide evidence that ur ex eea national was exercising treaty right from 2011 up to the point of ur divorce and you also failed to provide evidence of cohabitation for 3yers,so therefore you have fail to meet the requirement of regulation 10(6).
appeal dismiss by the firts tail tribunal judge 29/11/2013, reasion for dismiss, you did not provide evidence that ur ex eea national has been exercising treaty right for the periord of 5yers before the final date of ur divorce, so therefore you have fail to provide evidence that you have meet the requirements for parmanent residence card in accordance with regulation (15) of the immigration EEA regulation 2006,the judge also said that he was confused about the (ukba) decision to refuse the application because with the whom evidence in front of him the person qualified for a retained rights of residence if this is the right interpretation because the ukba did not suply all the pages of the application form which is not helpful at all,
but we send all the full budle of evidence all the page of the application form with the bundle to the tribunal but the judge fail to look at our bundle he only look at the home office evidence, and we only apply for EEA2 ROR not EEA4 for parmanent, so the judge was wrong in law.

hearing date 14/3/14, both our party and home office appear in court but the upper tribunal judge did not turn up on hearing day and this was a surpring thing, the court told us they will send us another hearing date but as for now they did not know why the judge didt tun up... so now what next and what did u guys think is goin to be the out come of this case we really need advice/opinion help from anyone of you.
belive and faith,,,,
shocking .. it might be best starting a new thread with this, that way u probably will get the best advice

dunca

Post by dunca » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:15 am

ingodwestrust wrote:JUDGE FAILED TO TUN UP IN UPPER WHAT NEXT.

1,accountant letter

belive and faith,,,,
shocking .. it might be best starting a new thread with this, that way u probably will get the best advice

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:37 am

Pablito wrote:To all those who are still waiting to be issued with residence card hope your efforts and struggles will soon be fulfilled. My wife got her residence card today, so it really can take awhile. Goodluck to you.

Good news Congratulations to u, am happy for u, I pray for all of us that are waiting, to receive our RC soon jst like you.

whale
Newly Registered

URGENT APPEAL HELP DESPERATE PLEASE

Post by whale » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:10 pm

hi everyone, i need help, i submitted my first EEA application in july 2013 but it was refused in november 2013, due to proxy marriage certificate and nothing else. i was given right of appeal but i didn't go for the appeal because it was over 28 days before my solicitor informed me about the outcome of the application.

However, i made another application with more supporting documents to back up my proxy marriage certificate, and 2 month after me and my wife decided to go for the registry marriage here in the UK and that was done in mach and copy of the UK marriage certificate was sent to the HO as more supporting document.

In may the HO officer visited our flat and we were both not in at the time but they met a family friend who attended to them, they asked her so many questions about us, and she got almost right except that she can't specify the country of my EU wife, a month later i got a refusal letter stated that i was not living in the apartment with my wife , because the lady they met knows me but she didnt know which country my wife is from. they gave me a right of appeal

meanwhile, i called OYSTER office to get my OYSTER card statement to proof that i actually left the house that same day they came and it was few minute between me and them, i have the council tax on my name and my wife ,so many bills on our both names intact with my Electoral card.

therefore, i applied for paper hearing but my surprisingly i got a letter for oral hearing.
can someone please advice me on what to do here, and what should i be expecting for this interview ?thanks you all