ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview before receiving RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

univas01
Nigeria

Interview before receiving RC

Post by univas01 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Congratulations to those who had interview before receiving their RC.

However, we keep wondering as to the reason why some applicants are being called upon for interview (I personally do not believe its just on random basis), so I was suggesting if it could be amongst other factors such as the wedding location, age difference etc.

Please If you have ever had interview regarding your EEA2 application, kindly answer the following questions;

-Did the wedding took place in the UK or abroad?
-What is the age difference in between the couple?
-Does the EEA2 applicant still have valid UK Visa as at the time applying for RC?
-If yes, how many months left before expiration?

I think this would give us little insight.

Cheers!

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Re: Interview before receiving RC

Post by ice_breaker » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:45 pm

univas01 wrote:Congratulations to those who had interview before receiving their RC.

However, we keep wondering as to the reason why some applicants are being called upon for interview (I personally do not believe its just on random basis), so I was suggesting if it could be amongst other factors such as the wedding location, age difference etc.

Please If you have ever had interview regarding your EEA2 application, kindly answer the following questions;

-Did the wedding took place in the UK or abroad?
-What is the age difference in between the couple?
-Does the EEA2 applicant still have valid UK Visa as at the time applying for RC?
-If yes, how many months left before expiration?

I think this would give us little insight.

Cheers!
You are right its not on random basis. Last minute marriage before the visa expiry is the most common factor which flagged the application.

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:33 am

Yes, more suggestions welcomed. We need contributions of those who have gone through the interview process as well.

jumpingzombie

Post by jumpingzombie » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:09 am

I'm personally quite interested in this topic as a non EEA citizen taking the EEA route.

I wasn't invited for an interview applying and receiving EEA2 in 2010.
I guess this interview is more common recent years, but I don't believe it's just on random basis...

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:06 pm

I don't think so its random when home office is not sure about something usually they will ask for an interview .

for instance what about and afghan national without visa getting married a polish citizen polish citizen who neither speak English nor Afghani language.
afghan national neither speaks English nor polish ?

and infect that happened .now home office ask them what language they communicate with each other ? :lol:
and application was refused .

if you are in genuine relationship it des no matter what question they ask I believe it will be more about day to day life what else they can ask?

and it will be a nice experience for you guys to meet staff from home office.
and see what kind of questions they ask ?
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks for the contributions so far.

Today, two different EEA2 applicants confirmed they have been called upon for an interview by next month. To my surprise, they both applied in January. I guess they can give answers to the above questions, probably see if their answers could be somehow similar.

George2014
Newly Registered

Post by George2014 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:37 pm

Hello guys
Yes I got married back home so not in this country and my wife and I have 8 years between our age and yes I came here with a visa

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:38 pm

George2014 wrote:Hello guys
Yes I got married back home so not in this country and my wife and I have 8 years between our age and yes I came here with a visa
Thanks for having say. I wish you good luck once again.

sam0044
Newly Registered

Post by sam0044 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:59 am

Hi,

1:- We got married here In UK.
2: 1 year age difference between me and my wife.
3. Yes I got a valid visa.
4. About 1.5 years left for my current visa to expire.

Thanks!

blegad
Newly Registered

Post by blegad » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 am

I also applied first week in January and I also got a letter for an interview on exactly that same day i.e 23rd of May. Got married here in the UK . I guess lots of us from this board will be meeting over there. Does anyone know how long the interview could take so as to plan the trip and know what time to book a return ticket for?

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 am

Hi there
I have also applied in the first week of January but I still have not heard nothing yet! Any suggestions

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:49 am

Could we assume same set of case workers are treating January applicantions hence inviting most applicants for an interview?

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:55 am

univas01 wrote:Could we assume same set of case workers are treating January applicantions hence inviting most applicants for an interview?
The post man jus been to my house and i have received a letter from home office they have called us for an interview on 23rd of may 10:00am.
Any suggestions?

sam0044
Newly Registered

Post by sam0044 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:45 pm

alijee86 wrote:
univas01 wrote:Could we assume same set of case workers are treating January applicantions hence inviting most applicants for an interview?
The post man jus been to my house and i have received a letter from home office they have called us for an interview on 23rd of may 10:00am.
Any suggestions?
Our timings match exactly, 23rd May 10:00am.

blegad
Newly Registered

Post by blegad » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:26 pm

That makes up at least 5 of us January applicants now being interviewed on the same day. It could be a random pull of applications from that period. Good news should be that they will at least start processing our applications after the interview.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:27 pm

You 5 might want to write a little bit about yourselves as an introduction, e.g. how long have you been married, is there anything special about your relationship (you don't have to give very personal details of course!), what visa are you currently on, did you get an EEAFP before arriving in the UK etc.

Of course it's up to you. It just might give you a better idea of why they called you to interview. That might help in preparation.

sid01
Newly Registered

Post by sid01 » Wed May 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi guys I just joined this forum. I am in the same situation as all of you guys. First week January application and called for interview on the 23rd May on Liverpool. We are confident about our interview and have not requested any interpreters to be present there. But it seems like many people who applied first two weeks of January got stuck in a queue and are being sorted by interviews. It is a bit unfair especially considering that you have people applying in March/ April and getting their RC in 4-6 weeks.

For our preparation we have gone through the basic drill. Our first meeting, when did the relationship start. Decision to get married. Who proposed. Hobbies/Interests of your partners knowing their qualifications, names of the immediate families of each spouse. Describing where we live and describing our place. As someone said sitting down and making a timeline is good cus we may know that we are genuine but we have to prove to the caseworker and sometimes silly things which we wont notice like toothbrush colours or shoe sizes are questioned as well.

I really believe they have selected a random pool to be questioned rather than doubts over our applications.

Best of Luck :) :)

hachim
Newly Registered

Post by hachim » Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am

hi everyone
they called us for interview on 23 june, i have applied on the 24th February

best of luck for all of you who have their interviews tomorrow!
please come back to this topic and let know how your experience went through

Sunsat

Post by Sunsat » Thu May 22, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have resubmitted my application again on 14th jan 2014.First time HO returned my application by considering invalid due to illogical payment issue, even my all details were fine. anyways, my interview is on 27th May, please can any one advise me what type of interview that will be? we don't know what kind of questions normally they ask. Myself and My wife is a bit confused about the interview...

Good luck for those couples, who are going for interview tomorrow. please come back to us, and please let us know, what do they want to know...what kind of questions will they ask...

looking forward for your precious responses, and good luck again...

Any suggestions please...

CrD
Newly Registered

Post by CrD » Thu May 22, 2014 9:36 pm

in the same boat here, applied at the end of january, interview on the 10th of June - please keep us posted how it goes!

on another note - mainly because I feel slightly combative about this - do they reimburse travel? how about work time lost?
I know they do in a few other EU countries if these things happen.

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:02 pm

Hello everyone!
Jus finished interview with ukba in Liverpool.
It was a fun very nice people very nice n perfect interview. Clock time 20 mins with my wife and 5 mins with me jus after 5 mins he said your interview is finished and am fully satisfied. And he said I was fully satisfied anyway because the officer who arrested you in November he's a good friend of mine and all night we been talking about u. He told me how nice u are and how genuine relationship is this.
That was a bit surprised n weird for me.
And he said u will get your all the documents back in 4 to 6 weeks.

Sunsat

Post by Sunsat » Fri May 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Alijee86, Thanks for your update, Hopefully, you will get your RC very soon...Plz can you advise us a little bit about type of question and environment of interview place. Did they ask only about relationship or any kind of documents? Your help will be highly appreciated:)

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:30 pm

Sunsat wrote:Alijee86, Thanks for your update, Hopefully, you will get your RC very soon...Plz can you advise us a little bit about type of question and environment of interview place. Did they ask only about relationship or any kind of documents? Your help will be highly appreciated:)
The environment is very nice and friendly jus feel like home theres no hesitation no confusion no stress. They ain't gonna bite u mate! Obviously they are there for help and they jus doing their job which they gets paid for!
Question what they gonna ask you will b depend on your circumstances. First question they have asked me n my wife is when did u meet? Where? What time? And try to stick yourself to a limited answer because if u tried to b smart w8th them and give them an answer which is very long or irrelevant they gonna start questioning you out of your answer then next question then next.
I Literally didn't sleep properly for good 3 night thinking about what's gonna happen what they gonna ask me this n that n bla bla. But everything went very well I have only been asked 4 questions. They are face readers they jus need to take a little look at you and they will find out everything and if ur stressed or shaking they will make it more difficult for u.
Well my advice is sit with your partner and talked about everything around u when u started ur relation till the time to get to the home office for your interview. And whatever document u think are helpful n to prove your relation is genuine jus take them there is no harm taking them. And your interviewer will ask u before ur interview what documents did u bring with u today and then he will have a deep look on them.
1 more thing I'll add from me which I figured out today that make sure u and your partner dressed well and looks decent.
Good luck mate!

Sunsat

Post by Sunsat » Sat May 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Alijee86,

Thank you very much for your help and time to reply my post in such long detail. Really appreciated...

Actually, I heard that sometimes HO asked stupid questions which we ignore in normal routine...Just to avoid such blunder, myself and my wife is bit confused.

I will be careful for dressing:)

Further more anybody can suggest anything more...

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Sat May 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Sunsat wrote:Alijee86,

Thank you very much for your help and time to reply my post in such long detail. Really appreciated...

Actually, I heard that sometimes HO asked stupid questions which we ignore in normal routine...Just to avoid such blunder, myself and my wife is bit confused.

I will be careful for dressing:)

Further more anybody can suggest anything more...
Your more than welcome hope it helps!
And yes I was worried about them stupid questions too but when he finished my interview I told him that I was worried about somethings like what is the color of your bathroom or toilet and he answered me nicely which I liked it too. He said " if u don't know anything jus say I don't know right y would u jus sit on the toilet seat and take a good look at color of the walls jus to remember it I have got better things to do in my life. He gave me an example he said if I go to toilet I'll simply do my thing what I needed wash my hands and come out. And he said if u don't know anything jus say I don't know or I have never noticed or I forgot. Simple