ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP application success (using S Singh)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kindred_1st

EEA FP application success (using S Singh)

Post by kindred_1st » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Hello everyone,
I have been using this forum for the past 4 years to assist me with UK immigration matters; there have been good times and bad and in both scenarios, I always share my experiences.

Today is a good day!

I am a British citizen, my wife is from the Caribbean. Last year, we applied for a Spousal visa and was refused because of the financial requirement (I was not contracting for a full year). We then applied for a family visitor's visa, and was refused because, well they didn't think she would return to her home land.

We then decided to move over to Ireland.

I took a job offer with my company, that started in September '13. We arranged a rental property as well before we arrived.
We flew over from the Caribbean, avoiding the UK in transit. There was no visa requirement for my wife to enter Ireland. Upon arrival, she was given a GNIB number and 90 days clearance as I told them I was entering the country for employment (job letter in hand). We came over at the end of Aug, from the airport, straight to our new home.

Two months passed and we collected the following to apply for her EU1 resident card for Ireland.

Rental agreement
PRTB registration confirmation
Utility bill with both our names on it (electric)
My job letter and contract
2 months wage slips
Tax Credit Certificate

All was supplied to the IRISH NATURALISATION & IMMIGRATION SERVICE and in 6 weeks time, we got her Residency card, valid for 5 years.

In November, we registered with out local doctor's office and purchased some furniture from DFS (its relevant :lol:)

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago.

We decided that it was time to face the UKBA once more, after researching the Surinder Singh law for the past 8 months, along with the amendments to the Regulation 9 (centre of life test).

We gathered and submitted the below documents along with the EEA FP form on Sept 5th

• Passport of Applicant and expired passports
• Passport of EU Citizen (they returned this when we applied on the day; they took a copy)
• Birth Certificates
• Marriage Certificate and Marriage Register
• Registrar’s Certificate (this was the document you sign on the wedding day)
• 6 months wage slips of EU Citizen
• Work Contract of EU Citizen (including letter of employment)
• Family member Resident Card (this was also returned on the day of application appointment)
• Tenancy agreement and PRTB documents
• PPSN letters (both me and my wife)
• Utility bills (Bord Gais, TV License and SKY)
• 6 months bank statements of EU Citizen
• Joint bank statements
• Tax Credit Certificate of EU Citizen
• P60 from EU citizen employer for year ending December 31st 2013
• P45 and letter from HMRC of EU Citizen (confirmation of UK departure)
• Medical reference letters
• DFS sale agreement

The appointment was done through Teleperformance. The appointment went smoothly, I wasn't allowed in, only the applicant. Finger prints were take, photos taken etc. We provided a list of the above which made it easy for them to check through.

Did I say today was a good day? Today, we got an email from Teleperformance today stating that my wife's passport was ready for collection.

Visa GRANTED!!!!!

It was issued 4 days after it arrived at the visa office, valid for 6 months. Talk about excitement at our home, we're very happy to have reached this point in our lives. And now, unto the UK.

If anyone wants to know anything further, feel free to PM me if you want to be discreet, I'll be happy to help if I can.

It's not over yet, it never is when you have to deal with Immigration in a foreign land.

As always, thanks to everyone who share their experiences, knowledge and wisdom in this forum.

God bless and best of luck with your endeavors.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA FP application success (using S Singh)

Post by chaoclive » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Great review! Well done :)

Don't forget to get the EEA2 application in when you get back home to the UK! Hope it goes well.

Lamine
Newly Registered

Post by Lamine » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:31 pm

Congratulation, after read your story really happy for you.
i wish i get some informations from you, that i'm on early road you have already ride before.
my my only enquires in about letter prived from EEA (support letter and historic relationship).

zonnolly2
Newly Registered

Post by zonnolly2 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:49 am

chaoclive wrote:Great review! Well done :)

Don't forget to get the EEA2 application in when you get back home to the UK! Hope it goes well.
Hello Chaoclive, dont know you still remember me ot not, Im Chinese and my husband hes from N. Ireland as well, we planed to apply EEA FP on his Irish passport, well hes thinking about giving up his British passport cos Im pregnant. so hows your visa case going?

Could you leave us your Email address or something then we can exchange some ideas about this visa thing?

However, thanks and all the best.

Looking forward your reply.

Z and C

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:48 pm

zonnolly2 wrote:

Hello Chaoclive, dont know you still remember me ot not, Im Chinese and my husband hes from N. Ireland as well, we planed to apply EEA FP on his Irish passport, well hes thinking about giving up his British passport cos Im pregnant. so hows your visa case going?

Could you leave us your Email address or something then we can exchange some ideas about this visa thing?

Z and C

Hi. My partner got the EEA Family Permit after I gave up my British citizenship and there was no problem at that time (renounced in April; EEA FP received May). Since we got here, I have started working and have applied for my EEA1 residence certificate but I am going to wait for it to be issued before my partner applies for his EEA2 residence card.

However, I've heard that some people who applied to renounce British citizenship now have been asked to attend an interview. I haven't heard anything else about the interview.

Drop me a private message and I'll give you my email address.

zonnolly2
Newly Registered

Post by zonnolly2 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:02 pm

chaoclive wrote:
zonnolly2 wrote:

Z and C

Hi. My partner got the EEA Family Permit after I gave up my British citizenship and there was no problem at that time (renounced in April; EEA FP received May). Since we got here, I have started working and have applied for my EEA1 residence certificate but I am going to wait for it to be issued before my partner applies for his EEA2 residence card.

However, I've heard that some people who applied to renounce British citizenship now have been asked to attend an interview. I haven't heard anything else about the interview.

Drop me a private message and I'll give you my email address.
Hello, thanks for your reply, gosh!
Sounds great that yours got this EEA FP, so both of yous are in N. Ireland now? Amazing!!!
Wish we will get it too, Im in N. Ireland on a UK family visitting visa with my husband cos he got jobs here.

I tried to leave you a private Spammy Spammer but the website tells me:
Information:
You are not authorised to read private messages. :x :x :x

zhoumiconnolly@gmail.com

Please Email us, Thanks and have a good day.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Sent you an email.

How long is your visa for? The renunciation took about 2 months for me but i've heard that it is taking longer recently.

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Reconsideration letter and all documentation included with Family Permit application sent. and email to Linda Bateman currently being written.

kindred_1st

Post by kindred_1st » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:42 am

Lamine wrote:Congratulation, after read your story really happy for you.
i wish i get some informations from you, that i'm on early road you have already ride before.
my my only enquires in about letter prived from EEA (support letter and historic relationship).
Thanks! We're over joyed as well, it's been a long road since July 9 2012, but its not over yet.

The letter my wife used, we got from this site http://surindersinghroute.com/singhrout ... x#post2272. We re-worded some it to what applies to us.

As for my letter, I kept it simple, stating that she was returning with me to UK, for a specified period, same as we stated in the application. Stated when, how and where we met, when we got married and how long we've been living together in Ireland. I think those are the relevant bits they would want to know about.