ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting docs for EEA2 application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kindred_1st

Supporting docs for EEA2 application

Post by kindred_1st » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Hello,

I would like anyone to clarify a query I have regarding supporting documents for the EEA2 residency card application, under Surinder Singh.

We were recently successful in obtaining the EEA FP using SS and we're preparing the application for the EEA2.

In Jambo's 'Common asked questions' it says at the end

"It is advisable for the family member to apply for a Residence Card using form EEA2. The form has a dedicated section for Surinder Singh cases. You will need to provide (again) evidence of the British national employment in the other member state and evidence of residence there."

In the 37 page application form, Section 5 says:

Please note: if you entered the UK with a valid EEA family permit issued under the Surinder Singh judgment as the family member of the British citizen named in section 3, you do not need to complete this section. If this is the case, tick the box to the right and then go to straight to section 10. Otherwise, answer all questions in this section.

The questions that follow in Section 5 relates to the EEA member economic activity, where they lived and for how long etc. So the supporting documents would be the same to submit, as you would have for the EEA FP application.

But according to the form, "if you entered the UK with a valid EEA family permit issued under the Surinder Singh judgment as the family member of the British citizen named in section 3, you do not need to complete this section," which in theory means if you don't need to complete that section, then you don't need to submit supporting documents in relation to that section.

What do you think? Should we submit all the supporting documents again as we did for the EEA FP? Comments welcomed.

Thanks
K

jbminger
Ireland

Re: Supporting docs for EEA2 application

Post by jbminger » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:21 pm

Take a look at my thread reapply or reconsideration.

I would tick the box and fill out the section and supply them with any relevant supporting documents.

I'd write more, but I'm on my phone and it's all in the thread. Do a search for posts by me.

kindred_1st

Post by kindred_1st » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:56 pm

jbminger wrote:Take a look at my thread reapply or reconsideration.

I would tick the box and fill out the section and supply them with any relevant supporting documents.

I'd write more, but I'm on my phone and it's all in the thread. Do a search for posts by me.
Thanks JB, I'm thinking it won't hurt to submit all the documents again, just to be on the safe side. But then why submit proof of something that you haven't stated on the form? Its like leaving a section blank that relates to dependants, then you're submitting documents to prove that you don't have any.

Your previous post was helpful...anyone else willing to share their experiences?

Congrats on getting your RC JB...you can relax now for the next 5 years :)

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:02 pm

I don't have it yet...just been told by the HO that they will be issuing it.

Again, I'd fill out all relevant info and supply all relevant supporting docs even though the form IMHO clearly states not to. The HO can't reject your application for giving them more info.